Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Ipod!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default new ipod opened up :)

    The new ipod. Note the battery size, a lot smaller than the classic ipod.

    new Ipod

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default Re: new ipod opened up :)

    Originally posted by caseytan
    The new ipod. Note the battery size, a lot smaller than the classic ipod.

    new Ipod
    I saw this other guy's shots liao.. macam nokia 3210 haha

    hey u getting the belkin batt pack? me wanna.. waiting for the batt pack and the skins to come out first ...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Re: new ipod opened up :)

    Originally posted by denizenx
    I saw this other guy's shots liao.. macam nokia 3210 haha

    hey u getting the belkin batt pack? me wanna.. waiting for the batt pack and the skins to come out first ...
    nah already have the 10GB classic ipod unless i strike toto

    too bad they don't have the battery pack for classic ipod, might be useful as a backup power source ...

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    went Pk computers, they still selling the old 'pods at orig prices.. yeeurgh...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    CREATIVE INTRODUCES THE HIGHEST CAPACITY NOMAD
    JUKEBOX ZEN EVER WITH TWICE THE STORAGE OF THE
    APPLE iPOD 30GB MODEL FOR $100 LESS
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    CREATIVE INTRODUCES THE HIGHEST CAPACITY NOMAD
    JUKEBOX ZEN EVER WITH TWICE THE STORAGE OF THE
    APPLE iPOD 30GB MODEL FOR $100 LESS
    I rather have 60 hours
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    went Pk computers, they still selling the old 'pods at orig prices.. yeeurgh...
    go to AppleCentre Orchard, heard from colleague that its selling @ 668 there for 20GB model

  8. #28

    Default

    yeah.. the other stores like best denki (or PK) tend to be a tad slow while taking up the new prices.. *shrugs*

    eeewww.. i don't like the zen.. too fat for my own good... doesn't sync my calendar, contacts and acts as FW drive...

  9. #29

    Default

    Hey! You guys got to get an iPod manz, at $668, it's a steal IMHO. Looks way cool compared to Zen.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Hi guys,

    can anyone tell me wat's the difference between the classic ipod and the new one? as in, wat does one miss in getting the older 20 gig model compared to the new one?
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    have the chance to buy at 10% the new ones but in the end haiyah spend so much on mp3 hehe.. hmm..

    new ones smaller, lighter, shorter batt life, different buttons, diff backlight.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  12. #32

    Default

    After this thread, I did some research.

    In the end, went for an iRiver ChromeX MP3 CD player.

    Much cheaper, uses AA batteries rather than proprietary Li-ions, and unlimited cheap capacity via CDR's. A bit bulkier, of course, and not so cool, but I use it mainly for my car anyway rather than carrying it around.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    After this thread, I did some research.

    In the end, went for an iRiver ChromeX MP3 CD player.

    Much cheaper, uses AA batteries rather than proprietary Li-ions, and unlimited cheap capacity via CDR's. A bit bulkier, of course, and not so cool, but I use it mainly for my car anyway rather than carrying it around.
    I already have the iriver.. LOVED it.. still love it tho I am downloading this 1.2GB Ring cycle by wagner... which I was thinking of dumping all onto a hdd..
    and I only carry one CD, as I leave the player in its pouch and never open it except to change batt... and max is 700 meg..
    using 2100 AAs with CDRW... sort of counter each other haha.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  14. #34

    Default

    Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi guys,

    can anyone tell me wat's the difference between the classic ipod and the new one? as in, wat does one miss in getting the older 20 gig model compared to the new one?
    I would caution against getting a secondhand iPod (something I had considered) because of the proprietary Li-ion battery issue. If it has been well used, the capacity may be unacceptably low, which means you may need to replace the battery (which Apple $$$upport will gladly do for you).

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    I would caution against getting a secondhand iPod (something I had considered) because of the proprietary Li-ion battery issue. If it has been well used, the capacity may be unacceptably low, which means you may need to replace the battery (which Apple $$$upport will gladly do for you).
    It depends, my current ipod is a second hand one, 4 months old at the time when i got it. I've tested the battery by non-stop letting it play from morning until late afternoon. The result ? 10 hours are battery power

    using the 10GB second generation classic design iPOD :P

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi guys,

    can anyone tell me wat's the difference between the classic ipod and the new one? as in, wat does one miss in getting the older 20 gig model compared to the new one?
    well, older 20G model is CHEAP ! :P it used to be selling at around $950 previously. You can use iTrip (FM Transmitter) on it.

    Newer model has shorter battery life, 8 hours compared to 10 hours for the old model. New one are smaller and lighter, more games than the old one, touch sensitive buttons. Supports USB 2.0 (if you dont have firewire). External backup battery pack.

    Some ipod websites :P

    http://www.ipodlounge.com

    http://www.ipodding.com/

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Hi

    thanks denizenx, streetshooter, caseytan.........

    i've become a believer
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by ivor
    I suggest that one don't even think about it... The last round I trial the iPhoto for Window... Crashed both my PeeCee in the office...
    Where did you get iPhoto for Windows?

    Regards
    CK

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi

    thanks denizenx, streetshooter, caseytan.........

    i've become a believer
    so ? what's your decision ? Classic Ipod 20G or new ipod :P


  20. #40
    Senior Member ivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SINGAPOUR
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    iPhoto for Windows crushed both my office PC last December... Don't suggest that you get it...

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Where did you get iPhoto for Windows?

    Regards
    CK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •