Thread: ipod repair center

Default ipod repair center

hi..just asking ..does ani one noe where is ipod repair center mah??cos i find their web but cant seems to find ...

Default Re: ipod repair center

Quote Originally Posted by pandaze View Post
    hi..just asking ..does ani one noe where is ipod repair center mah??cos i find their web but cant seems to find ...
    sg mac doesn't fix ipods they practice switching out your pod with a refurbish 2nd one because they claim the size of the country doesn't warrent opening up a service centre...fyi diff centre can quote you different prices for rendering the same service so be careful!

ipod does not have a repair center.
    if your ipod is screwed, they just change you a refurbished one.meaning...a second hand one but they reconditioned it with a new HDD(so they claim).

hence, if you did not buy applecare and your warranty is over, it's game over.
    please insert more tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    ipod does not have a repair center.
    if your ipod is screwed, they just change you a refurbished one.meaning...a second hand one but they reconditioned it with a new HDD(so they claim).

hence, if you did not buy applecare and your warranty is over, it's game over.
    please insert more tokens.
    yea and the refurbished one no guarantee that its in as good condition as one that just left the factory floor...buy a new one esp if your warranty is gone.

ipod's replacement scheme after the waranty is really crazy. thats why i have resorted to buying spares and fixing it myself...

I'm so happy I never buy iPods. Competition is a wonderful thing, especially when you get better audio quality and more features for a cheaper price...

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I'm so happy I never buy iPods. Competition is a wonderful thing, especially when you get better audio quality and more features for a cheaper price...
    so what's an alternative to ipods?please dont tell me creative.

so what's an alternative to ipods?please dont tell me creative.
    iriver and Cowon.

My old iriver H120 still has better audio quality than the new iPods.

iriver and Cowon.

i heard of iriver, had one.
    cowon not heard of.

seriously, you think majority of people buy ipods because they sound good?
    it's more like they look cool, and it's so hyped.
    but i find it very ez to use.and i like the simplicity of the design.

iriver and Cowon.

On the bus/train its pretty noisy. For many of us who listen while commuting i guess quality becomes lower on the priority list, just my 2 cents worth.

i heard of iriver, had one.
    cowon not heard of.

seriously, you think majority of people buy ipods because they sound good?
    it's more like they look cool, and it's so hyped.
    but i find it very ez to use.and i like the simplicity of the design.
    Heard of iAudio? It is Cowon. Yeah I think most ppl buy iPods because it looks cool and the hype factor.

Quote Originally Posted by allsmilez View Post
    On the bus/train its pretty noisy. For many of us who listen while commuting i guess quality becomes lower on the priority list, just my 2 cents worth.
    Ahh.....this is where the higher end isolation earphones come in. I find it a bit dumb to buy a $400-$600 player and then use cheap supplied earphones.

I always listen while commuting... And I always use high-end in-ear headphones. The difference is remarkable.

I always listen while commuting... And I always use high-end in-ear headphones. The difference is remarkable.
    Any recommendations? I've tried a few (albeit mid range ones) and not so good at sound isolation.

Any recommendations? I've tried a few (albeit mid range ones) and not so good at sound isolation.
    i dont take public transport so i dunno noise level.
    but i just bought shure se series and when properly inserted, the sound isolation is really good (IMHO)

can ani one just ans my ans???where do i get it replace or repair?mine still under warrenty..if u all wanna debate on wat is good ..open a new thread??cos tml i am on off..so onli got tml to get it done...and all this debating is not helping mi much thanks

can ani one just ans my ans???where do i get it replace or repair?mine still under warrenty..if u all wanna debate on wat is good ..open a new thread??cos tml i am on off..so onli got tml to get it done...and all this debating is not helping mi much thanks
    go to the the apple store at cineleisure.

okie..thanks a lot ..