Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "voyeurism"

Default Re: "voyeurism"

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    but for those upskirt shots, what law is it against it, does it apply in this case?
    violating privacy

obvious perversion

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i think you need some caffeine
    just what are you smoking?
    too much role playing at night
    sounds like it

"i'm your mommy and you're my big daddy"
    "oh mommy!"
    "oh daddy!"

etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by patch17 View Post
    if the person actively looks for "victims" in compromising positions, that i think is wrong.

say your in the ritz carlton, 20 storeys up, coming stepping out of the tub in all your glory admiring the view, john photographer down at the BS bridge scans each window with his 1000mm long lens and spots you just as you turn to face the window and fires away. that i think is totally wrong. the photog purposely searched the windows for a victim, it's no different from someone taking upskirt pictures.

in each case the "victim" did nothing wrong, in my opinon. you're 20 storeys up, you think no one can see me from outside unless they're superman or have a helicopter. same thing with the girl with the skirt, she's covered up, modestly dressed, but there are just some cretins who will go to any lengths to take a peek to get their rocks off.

that's my view.

i agree with what you said.but unfortunately, there are loop holes in the law doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i agree with what you said.but unfortunately, there are loop holes in the law doesnt it?
    up to the judge to decide that...

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    up to the judge to decide that...
    judges don't find loopholes, that's the lawyers job.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

my friend has this ques that he would like me to ask you people.

-passionate couple drove to top floor mscp to make out.
    -enthusiastic photog took pics of them with a long lens.

ques:
    who is punishable in the eyes of law?

the photog who took pics of them?or the couple who make out in the car?

what if the pics he took only shows them in compromising positions without exposing privates?

kopi on me.
    both also wrong.

btw is this for real or just a 'what if' question?

never mind i asked, i answered anyway
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    violating privacy
    thought some mention no privacy law in Singapore???

obvious perversion
    What's the different to shooting the couple in action inside the car then? So the photog can be punished by law also?

Or it depend on the intention of the photog?
    Shoot too many =guilty of pervesion?
    Shoot a few=documention/store as proof?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by patch17 View Post
    judges don't find loopholes, that's the lawyers job.
    i meant its up to the judge to accept if the loophole arguement has merit...

the power of a DSLR coupled with a big mama lens...holy moly.
    no where is 'safe'!

btw, not shot by me lah.i've seen live shows in amsterdam.and i really mean LIVE.

so this car thingy thingy is really no big deal to me lah.aiyo!
    Yeah, I've seen those Amsterdam shows too.

And the cars shaking at ECP... :P

And someone going around with a Sony H9 at ECP...

yup!that's what i love canew.

i missed the soak there so much.
    Aiyaa, you know all you gotta do is ask, and you'll have CS guys gladly help you re-live that soak.

What floor do you want?

yes, unfortunately we live in world where morals and ethics often get thrown out the window if there's a chance for a quick buck.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    thought some mention no privacy law in Singapore???

What's the different to shooting the couple in action inside the car then? So the photog can be punished by law also?

Or it depend on the intention of the photog?
    Shoot too many =guilty of pervesion?
    Shoot a few=documention/store as proof?
    Defamation – A person criminally defames another person when he or she, by words either spoken or intended to be read, or by signs, or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning the other person, intending to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such imputation will harm, the reputation of such person.[112] An imputation harms a person’s reputation if it directly or indirectly, in the estimation of others, lowers the moral or intellectual character of that person, or lowers the character of that person in respect of his or her caste or calling, or lowers the credit of that person, or causes it to be believed that the body of that person is in a loathsome state, or in a state generally considered as disgraceful.[113]

Criminal trespass – Whoever enters into or upon property in the possession of another with intent to commit an offence or to intimidate, insult or annoy any person in possession of such property, or having lawfully entered into or upon such property, unlawfully remains there with intent thereby to intimidate, insult or annoy any such person, or with intent to commit an offence, is said to commit "criminal trespass".

you know it raises a good point too...if its legal to take photos of people in their homes or in public doing these things then why do perverts who use mirrors to peep up girl's skirts get prosecuted then? shouldn't it be along the same lines as the perv photog looking into people's lives?
    when ppl use mirrors or whatever means to see upskirts, what they violated is one of the sections in the penal code. it is different from privacy being violated. violating of modesty different from violating of privacy.

Ok, it's very very simple:

1. Upskirt: In this case, the girl is not deliberatly exposing herself (unless, of course, she looks at you and spreads her legs, etc) so if you take a picture of her then it's "Outraging the modesty of a woman".

2. Carpark: The guy and girl are exposing themselves/committing an indecent act in public. They are knowingly taking the risk that they will be seen, and knowingly exposing their privates, etc. Therefore, taking a picture of them is NOT illegal, as they are in a public place committing an offense. Technically, you're just gathering evidence of a crime. Couple is guilty, photog is not.

3. At home: Knowingly and willingly putting yourself into an indecent situation (walking around naked with the lights on and curtains wide open) is like point 2. It may be your house, but you are deliberately putting yourself into a situation where the public can see you. IF, HOWEVER you are in your shower, you can expect privacy and are not deliberately exposing yourself and therefore anyone peeping in would bea peeping tom and thus liable under law. If you have a full-length window and are obviously, WILLINGLY exposing yourself, you're at fault, not any photog; even if you're in the shower.

Of course, if a photog tries to blackmail you with the pics, the photog's gonna go to jail. But you may still be liable.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    when ppl use mirrors or whatever means to see upskirts, what they violated is one of the sections in the penal code. it is different from privacy being violated. violating of modesty different from violating of privacy.
    could that arguement be made for the peeps looking into the cars then?

i think its a line between civil and criminal actions? o_o

indecent exposure = can be arrested under penal code as a crime
    voyeurism.. invasion of privacy etc.. = civil, have to file a case
    posession of nude photographs = indecent materials = "crime" - grey area though..
    chezburgr i can haz?

Defamation and trespass are different issues entirely.

No. See my post... There's a difference in intent and willful exposure.

you obviously hadnt seen full length windows of some bungalows.
    check out those near holland V, and those in sentosa cove.

and try staying in those hotels overlooking ritz carlton.
    ritz has a big octagonal window that exposes you to the entire world if you do not draw the blinds.

i love their bathrooms best.
    full length windows of properly designed bungalows don't face windows of their neighbours full on. i have seen enough houses in my lifetime to know that.

i don't think the ritz has windows that faces another hotel as well.

ur car is in a public place. period. no offence for ppl to look into the car.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast