Update 2009 Nov 22, this thread to be replaced by thread (06) here.
The previous thread expire (04) and cannot add new posts, hence it is updated here.
Any travel tips/ itinerary/ travel photographic information to share would be greatly welcomed. from old thread (01), (02), (03)
About travel photographers: quoted from Olivier Follmi
It has its advantages: freedom, wonder, a multitude of experiences, and its inconveniences: there is no guarantee of success, no respite and no reference marks.
You need time to travel and immerse yourself in another country. You have to be curious to become a photographer of the world. You should learn the language of the country you are interested in, embrace its culture to the point of making it your new life. By developing a passion for somewhere else you will become a good travel photographer. You will have something to share, to say and to show.
1. travel wish/projections to get partners
2. links to discussion about destinations revolving around travel photography
3. Some inspiring threads (travel/people/streets/culture/event/wedding) that is my favourite.
4. topics about travel photography
- general planning
- accessibility to equipments
- weight consideration
- choice of equipments to bring, e.g. lens, flash, tripod
- handling of cold weather
- storage of digital photos
- storage of memory cards
- things to bring for travel
- issues at the custom
- interaction & rights
Local trekking company may organise tours if you are interested, inputs mainly from guni_hoon
X trekkers at Seah Street, adventure gear post, Ace adventure, safra, campers corner, pacwest
and forums: SAC
Discussion on long term backpacking
Photography tips: from Andrew Gibson