Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. You'll Never Walk Alone! season XIV

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. You'll Never Walk Alone! season XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    think we need to sell dirty kite. already not impressed with his strike rate in the 1st season even though he has a very high workrate( who cares? i jus want my strikers to score goals, shield the ball or bring others into play! he can't seem to be able to do any of those except running around headlessly n aimlessly. )

we need centerbacks!!!! com'on RAFA!!!

and we need REAL STRIKERS!!!
    Torrid not good enough when he is fit?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    I do not think 1 "good" is enough. Anyway, I think we need some contribution from the rest of our midfielders

he's the best.

but we wanna play with 2 strikers or more.

since we're goin to offload crouch, we need new strikers to take over his place.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I dont think our Strikers are not good enough. On the contrary, i think we have the best strikers in the league. WHy? Becos all our strikers are different.

You look at Chelsea, they have Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou and Pizzaro. Of the 4, only Drogba makes the grade in EPL. Shev is a disaapointment, kalou is not really a striker (similar to Babel i would say but less pacey) and Pizzaro also not that great. Other source of goals - Lampard, Malouda, Terry and SWP etc

Man U - 3 strikers, Saha (injury prone and not consistent), Rooney and Tevez (both very similar) and all 3 are quite weak in the air. Other source of goals - Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani and O'shea.

Arsenal - 4 Strikers, Adebayor (inconsistent, not prolific, if you notice, his goals has dried up for the last 5-6 games), Van Persie (inconsistent and very injury prone), Bendther -too inexperience, not very prolific also (open goal also never score) and Eduardo (havent get used to EPL, workrate suspecting) - Other source of goals Fabregas, Helb, Rosicky and Toure etc.

As you can see, the main bulk of goals for the other 3 top teams are actually scored not by the strikers. Liverpool strikers has generally done well this season except for Crouch in EPL as he has played like less than 90mins in total? It is our midfield and defence that is not contributing. Gerrard only scored 2 goals in EPL so far and others like Benayoun, Pennant, Babel, Alonso, Riise (one of the key players in scoring imo) are not scoring much.

For Kuyt, i think Rafa played him too much. based on Kuyt's workrate, he can at most last 60-70mins at that break-neck pace. Sometimes i think Kuyt just work too hard and not work smart. A true striker know when to pounce whereas Kuyt just pounce at every ball, even some that he has no chance of winning. The trick is to conserve energy for the sudden burst of pace. You see Fowler does it, Rush does it, Shearer does it, Owen Does it, RVR, Henry and Torres does it. Kuyt need to let the game flow to him. Only when the team is all pressing then he shd chase the ball more. Otherwise it's like a headless chicken.. ala gerrard sometimes.

For Crouch, i think Rafa shd have played him more... certainly in matches where the defenders may not be comfortable with Crouch's height. i.e. Arsenal, Everton match comes to my mind. Crouch is an underrated finisher also, you've seen how he do scissor kick, overhead kick etc, so he can play with ball at feet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I dont think our Strikers are not good enough. On the contrary, i think we have the best strikers in the league. WHy? Becos all our strikers are different.

You look at Chelsea, they have Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou and Pizzaro. Of the 4, only Drogba makes the grade in EPL. Shev is a disaapointment, kalou is not really a striker (similar to Babel i would say but less pacey) and Pizzaro also not that great. Other source of goals - Lampard, Malouda, Terry and SWP etc

Man U - 3 strikers, Saha (injury prone and not consistent), Rooney and Tevez (both very similar) and all 3 are quite weak in the air. Other source of goals - Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani and O'shea.

Arsenal - 4 Strikers, Adebayor (inconsistent, not prolific, if you notice, his goals has dried up for the last 5-6 games), Van Persie (inconsistent and very injury prone), Bendther -too inexperience, not very prolific also (open goal also never score) and Eduardo (havent get used to EPL, workrate suspecting) - Other source of goals Fabregas, Helb, Rosicky and Toure etc.

As you can see, the main bulk of goals for the other 3 top teams are actually scored not by the strikers. Liverpool strikers has generally done well this season except for Crouch in EPL as he has played like less than 90mins in total? It is our midfield and defence that is not contributing. Gerrard only scored 2 goals in EPL so far and others like Benayoun, Pennant, Babel, Alonso, Riise (one of the key players in scoring imo) are not scoring much.

For Kuyt, i think Rafa played him too much. based on Kuyt's workrate, he can at most last 60-70mins at that break-neck pace. Sometimes i think Kuyt just work too hard and not work smart. A true striker know when to pounce whereas Kuyt just pounce at every ball, even some that he has no chance of winning. The trick is to conserve energy for the sudden burst of pace. You see Fowler does it, Rush does it, Shearer does it, Owen Does it, RVR, Henry and Torres does it. Kuyt need to let the game flow to him. Only when the team is all pressing then he shd chase the ball more. Otherwise it's like a headless chicken.. ala gerrard sometimes.

For Crouch, i think Rafa shd have played him more... certainly in matches where the defenders may not be comfortable with Crouch's height. i.e. Arsenal, Everton match comes to my mind. Crouch is an underrated finisher also, you've seen how he do scissor kick, overhead kick etc, so he can play with ball at feet as well.
    wa, after reading what u've typed, it all seems right.

he's the best.

but we wanna play with 2 strikers or more.

since we're goin to offload crouch, we need new strikers to take over his place.

Play 4 strikers

4 2 4 format.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post

Spot on.

Notice that our regular scorers like Gerrard, Alonso, Riise etc are not scoring or even attempting to shoot, or have done less compared to previous seasons.
    THey have been trying too hard to pass to Torres (when he is playing), and all the opposition know that they need to close him down.
    When pass to the Kuyt and Voronin, they cannot even hold the ball. Crouch is not even on the field for them to pass to....
    And our wingers.... Rafa sometimes dun even start with wingers!

Play 4 strikers

4 2 4 format.
    tas how i play my winning eleven.

Kuyt and Voronin very consistent, in not scoring

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Kuyt and Voronin very consistent, in not scoring

crouch is an impact player.

according to rafa.

SPURS TO HOLD 'CRISIS' TALKS WITH BERBATOV
    Tottenham are to hold crisis talks with Dimitar Berbatov today with speculation rife that the Bulgarian will seek a transfer in January.

According to The Daily Mail, 'Berbatov's agent, Emil Dantchev, flew into London last night and will meet [sporting director Damien] Comolli 'for a coffee' as fears grow that the striker will demand a move in January.'
    "I will have coffee with Damien and we will talk about Berbatov's future," Dantchev confirmed to the newspaper. "I cannot and do not want to say any more."

Strangely, Juande Ramos will not attend the meeting, but it is said that Tottenham's new manager has been unimpressed with Berbatov's attitude since taking over at White Hart Lane. The striker was dropped for Saturday's match at Boro.

AND THEY'RE ALREADY LINING UP A REPLACEMENT...

Should Spurs decide that Berbatov is just more trouble than he's worth, they already have their eye on the man to come in for the Bulgarian.

Sevilla striker Alexander Kerzhakov is the man in question, who The Sun reckon wants to make the move to England, and joining up with his old boss is his logical destination.

The Russian striker's agent said: "He'd love to play in England. That would be his first choice and his style would be suited to the English game.

"I know that in the past both Spurs and Arsenal were watching him. I am sure that everything will be sorted out very soon.

"Kerzhakov has a reputation in Europe and has shown what he can do in the UEFA Cup - and has played really well in La Liga."

WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG
    The Daily Mirror reckons that Tal Ben Haim could already be on his way out of Chelski after getting off on the wrong foot with manager Avram Grant.

His destination? Newcastle of course, to join up with old mucker Fat Sam Allardyce.

And if their defending against Portsmouth on Saturday is anything to go by, boy do they need him

Liverpool are confident of beating Chelsea and Manchester United to the signing of 15-year-old forward John Cofie from Burnley

another youngster

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    another youngster
    tas great for the future.

tas great for the future.
    the "future" might never happen at the rate the "present" is going

crouch is an impact player.

according to rafa.

We can only hope that he is right, especially at the end of the season.
    Because according to the fans:
    1) we dun understand his selection
    2) we got no more blood to vomit

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    We can only hope that he is right, especially at the end of the season.
    Because according to the fans:
    1) we dun understand his selection
    2) we got no more blood to vomit
    in the meantime, continue to kan him.

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    the "future" might never happen at the rate the "present" is going

Member/Tangshooter

ManCity 1-0 Sunderland
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    ManCity 1-0 Sunderland
    1nil to the city!

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast