Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. You'll Never Walk Alone! season XIV

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. You'll Never Walk Alone! season XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has insisted that there is no rift with midfielder Steven Gerrard, despite the Reds captain's shock substitution against Everton on Saturday. (The Sun)

With Jose gone, Rafa's playing mind games with the media and everyone else. Just like saying Alonso and Torres were ready to face Everlose but both didn't even make the bench.

Now BESIKTAS dunno if they will be facing Alonso and Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    his recent selection.... i think he himself dunno what is he doing. Moaningrhino gone, he has no one to play mindgames with, he try to play mindgames with himself....

time to wake up!!!!

Rafa clears the air with his mouth deodorant.

Benitez clears the air with Gerrard

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has cleared the air with Steven Gerrard over replacing him in Saturday's Merseyside derby after the midfielder had declared he was 'hurt and disappointed' by the decision.

With 20 minutes left at Goodison Park and the clash finely poised at 1-1, the Reds manager controversially replaced his skipper with Lucas Leiva - much to the surprise of Gerrard and the travelling support.

The Spaniard claimed afterwards he had made the switch because his side needed 'less passion' and the change was vindicated when the Brazilian's shot was handled by Phil Neville on the line to give Liverpool a last-minute penalty, which Dirk Kuyt duly converted.

Benitez discussed the matter with Liverpool-born Gerrard at the club's training ground in Melwood this morning and believes the midfielder's reaction was perfectly natural.

He told the club's website: 'When you are a manager you need to make decisions, not just think about them. You must think how you can win the game. Every player is the same for me when you are trying to win a game.

'We have talked because every player would be disappointed, especially Gerrard because it was a derby. He wanted to score the winning goal, but he is okay. After some time he'll understand that it was an idea and I was thinking about the best for the team.

'You know when you change a player he must show that he wants to play, but I think he was okay at the end.'

Gerrard, who captained England during last week's defeat to Russia in Moscow, had earlier admitted he had found the decision hard to take despite victory over their derby rivals being 'the most important thing'.

'I'm a local lad so the derby is really important to me and I would have liked nothing better than to play the full game and to be on the pitch when we got the winner,' he said.

'But as it turned out I was taken off and Lucas Leiva who replaced me played a crucial role in us getting the winning goal.

'I was hurt and disappointed at being taken off because, like I said, I'm a local lad and the derby means everything to me.'

Meanwhile, the Reds will attempt to get their Champions League campaign back on track against Besiktas on Wednesday after their disastrous defeat to Marseille in the last round of games left them out of the qualification spots in third, five points behind the French side.

Gerrard admits his own form has been below par of late, but believes the support of Reds fans is helping him rediscover top form.

'The way the fans got behind me was fantastic and I loved it,' he said.

'I know I haven't been at my best lately but I'm doing everything I can to get back there and having that kind of backing really does make a difference.

'I'm working back towards my best and knowing the fans are behind me will definitely help me get there much quicker.'

---> Rafa
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    his recent selection.... i think he himself dunno what is he doing. Moaningrhino gone, he has no one to play mindgames with, he try to play mindgames with himself....

time to wake up!!!!
    yaaaa!! crazy team selection and totally wild substitutions.

can't wait for the Besiktas game to see if he'll be this crazy and wild again.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    With Jose gone, Rafa's playing mind games with the media and everyone else. Just like saying Alonso and Torres were ready to face Everlose but both didn't even make the bench.

think he really losing it. the botak pako's gone and everything seems to be falling apart.

think he really losing it. the botak pako's gone and everything seems to be falling apart.
    Sigh.... I fear for our title challenge again.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Mark Clattenburg not officiating for this weekend!

agree that duck kite shud be sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Sigh.... I fear for our title challenge again.....
    ya.. i think we'll know more when the besiktas game is played.

i dun agree with the 'less passion and more brain' esp. when see-oso-sicko is having a crazy game YET AGAIN!

anyone watched the newcastle vs. hotcakes match?

wow, hotcakes happy meal super discount! gif off value meal vouchers!

newcastle had it sooooooo easy!

Spurs will improve soon, says Jol

Under-fire Tottenham boss Martin Jol still believes he can turn his side's season around despite suffering another demoralising defeat at Newcastle.

Poor defending cost Spurs dear in a 3-1 loss at St James' Park but Jol said: "If everybody is fit we have got a very good team and a very good defence.

"We still lack a bit of leadership but it is about mental strength as well.

"Two years ago, we had that; last year at the start of the season we lacked it as well, but we came back."

Jol added: "Even against Newcastle we tried to come back, but we concede goals at the wrong moment all the time."

Tottenham have won only one of their first 10 Premier League games and there has been speculation over Jol's future for most of the season.

Influential club captain Ledley King is close to returning from a long lay-off but the latest worry for Spurs is an injury to Welsh defender Gareth Bale, who suffered a foot injury against the Magpies.

"Hopefully he is not out for long because we have five games in 13 days," Jol added. "Hopefully, it is not too bad, but it doesn't look good.

"His foot was swelling up after the game, so it could be a pretty tough injury."

Jol's problems may be continuing but Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce was a happy man after his side's latest win, their fourth in a row on home turf.

Allardyce explained: "We scored three great goals, we outplayed Tottenham, we went out there and did what we wanted to do, and that was get three points.

"We have not moved in the table, but we have got within one point of the top pack now

"We have played nine games, we have 17 points and it is our best start in 10 years now.

"From my point of view and that of the players, with us all just coming together in July, it is a terrific performance up to now from the team."

the next managerial casualty seems to be martin jolly.

he has beaten the odds and seen off josie moaningRhino and lil'sam! can he do it again???

ya.. i think we'll know more when the besiktas game is played.

i dun agree with the 'less passion and more brain' esp. when see-oso-sicko is having a crazy game YET AGAIN!
    Yep. Don't see how Momo has the brains to control the game. He is more like tackling and passing with his eyes shut.

the next managerial casualty seems to be martin jolly.

he has beaten the odds and seen off josie moaningRhino and lil'sam! can he do it again???
    I think Spurs fans can prepare the farewell party for Jol now. The axe will come down on him very very soon.

Yep. Don't see how Momo has the brains to control the game. He is more like tackling and passing with his eyes shut.
    good to hear that he wanna leave. realllllllly.

din't expect him to be such a timebomb this season!

I think Spurs fans can prepare the farewell party for Jol now. The axe will come down on him very very soon.
    wonder who they've lined up?

stunned to see hotcakes in relegation zone! well, too much discount coupons to the oppositions except to us.

Torres not playing in Turkey.

Torres misses out for Reds Istanbul trip

Liverpool's Champions League hopes were hit today when Fernando Torres did not travel to Turkey for their Champions League tie with Besiktas in Istanbul.

But Xabi Alonso was on the flight and has a chance of starting the game in midfield.

Torres has trained this week after the thigh problem that forced him out of Spain's squad last week, but the Turkey trip was considered too soon. Alonso, now recovered from a metatarsal problem, has also trained.

Boss Rafael Benitez will be without full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, who missed the win at Everton with a thigh injury. Daniel Agger, Harry Kewell and Fabio Aurelio are all still out.

Rafa goes mad.

Benitez would sub Gerrard again

Steven Gerrard will lead Liverpool into their Champions League crunch match in Istanbul tomorrow acutely aware boss Rafael Benitez would substitute him again without a second thought.

Benitez caused a storm by withdrawing Gerrard on Saturday's high-tension Mersey derby win at Everton, preferring the ball retention skills of 20 year-old Brazilian youngster Lucas.

Gerrard has since said he was 'hurt and disappointed' by the decision, and Benitez has held talks with his skipper to explain his reasoning, something the manager considers was way short of a showdown.

But as Benitez led his squad to Turkey today, he said: 'Would I do it again? Yes, if it helped the team.

'I have talked to Stevie and he obviously wanted to play out the match. But I repeat that my decisions are based on what the team needs.

'If I felt that I needed to substitute my captain again, of course I would do it. Everything I do is aimed at benefiting the team.'

Many feel Benitez put down a marker at Goodison Park on Saturday by hauling Gerrard off because he was playing with his heart and not his head.

He added: 'Making big decisions is an important part of my job, making that decision played a big part in our victory at Everton.'

Publicly, Gerrard has accepted his manager's viewpoint, but privately it is believed he is still concerned by the situation.

A source close to the player said; 'Do you think he is concerned? What do you think?'

It is also believed that when Gerrard handed Jamie Carragher the captain's armband, he was asked 'are you injured?'

Benitez will be unmoved by any such debate. He has never been a fan of the star status at any club he has managed, and by taking Gerrard off, he has established his authority over the squad.

Benitez was never happy with Gerrard playing twice in four days for England earlier in the European Championship qualifying campaign, having not fully recovered from a broken metatarsal.

Gerrard had only recently said he has been pain free, and he played a full 90 minutes of both England's games last week.

In that time, his form has been poor for Liverpool, and Benitez was saying at Goodison Park that someone else could do the job required better.

Now Benitez will expect a disciplined display from Gerrard in Istanbul, where Liverpool's Champions League future is on the line.

With only one point from two games, and a tough away match with Besiktas tomorrow, Liverpool are in danger of ending up in the UEFA Cup less than five months after being European Cup runners-up.
    com'on RAFA!! STEVIE G played the best at EVERLOSE! see-oso-sicko is really F9! jus becos he is ur suck-c0ck buddy, u let him remained on the pitch despite a totally abysmal result!

Default UPDATE for the game against Besiktas.

Read the update here!!!

ya!

Liverpool (from):
    Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Sissoko, Alonso, Pennant, Crouch, Voronin, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas, Hobbs, Itandje.
    these are the boys tactical genius Rafa brought to Turkey.

yes, See-oso-sicko is in the team. will HE START?!?!

my guess will be:

Reina
    Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Riise
    Gerrard
    Mascherano
    Pennant
    Babel
    Crouch
    Kuyt

if he choose see-oso-sicko, i dunno wat to say.

ok guys, LIVERPOOL need to win this game.

if we lose, we stand a solid chance of playing in the UEFA CUP.

Current European form

Besiktas have lost their first two matches in Group A without scoring a goal. They are now on a streak of three consecutive CL defeats, since beating Sparta Prague 1-0 on 4 November 2003.

Liverpool are winless in their last three CL matches.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct GAMESCORE is 5points.

The Goalscorers is worth an additional 1 point for each name that is predicted correctly!

Guess the Score and Scorers game...

Current standing

1) roadrunner 12 points
    2) Cheesecake 11 points
    3) jfoo 6 points
    4) kelccm 5 points
    5) grumpy 4 points
    6) estronutz 3 points
    7) roDz 3 points
    8) xen0275 3 points
    9) airfins 3 points
    10) dfstan 3 points
    11) canew 2 point
    12) zhapchit 2 points
    13). blazer_works 2 points
    14). dnd 1 point

Let's get READY TO GUESS GUESS GUESS!!

Besiktas v Liverpool

Champions League, Group A match
    Date: Wednesday, 24 October
    Kick-off: 1945 BST
    Venue: Inonu(besiktas home)

1). 2-0 to LIVERPOOL (Crouch, Gerrard) Cheesecake

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct GAMESCORE is 5points.

The Goalscorers is worth an additional 1 point for each name that is predicted correctly!

Guess the Score and Scorers game...

Current standing

1) roadrunner 12 points
    2) Cheesecake 11 points
    3) jfoo 6 points
    4) kelccm 5 points
    5) grumpy 4 points
    6) estronutz 3 points
    7) roDz 3 points
    8) xen0275 3 points
    9) airfins 3 points
    10) dfstan 3 points