Thread: CBD Skyline

Arrow CBD Skyline

Taken using a 602z without any additional filters.

I used my largest apperture (F11), lowest iso (160), manual focusing with the center magnifier, sturdy tripod, timer, and yet the shot still looks blur and hazy(even with some USM) and shows great lack of detail. Is there anyway I can improve on this shot (besides going earlier to shoot and on a weekday) using my current equipment?

hmm...did you set your WB? maybe you can play around with your WB it might do the trick. And also maybe you can set your EXPO mode to abit more it might do the trick also, well hope this helps.

Cheers,
    HEnry

Most of Office Building lights where not on.. I am also planning to take this shot with my 602 as well. But I am thinking to do it with all office Building lights on.

Default Re: CBD Skyline

Originally posted by thoa_rs

I used my largest apperture (F11), lowest iso (160), ....
    largest f-stop value or smallest aperture = f11

ur city looks dead and deserted :P .. try to take during weekday where there are more office lightings

blue sky from 1900 to 1930 hrs
    big boat come in from 2015 to 2030 hrs ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Wa.. so many 602 users trying to take this scene.

thoa_rs,

take a look at this thread. This may helps:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=31678

Thumbs up

Yeah..for personal collection and a remembrance of Singapore. 3 more months to go...

Default Re: Re: CBD Skyline

Originally posted by megaweb
    largest f-stop value or smallest aperture = f11

ur city looks dead and deserted :P .. try to take during weekday where there are more office lightings

blue sky from 1900 to 1930 hrs
    big boat come in from 2015 to 2030 hrs ...
    Hehe i meant largest f-stop.
    Went on the worst possible day (sunday) and I didn't expect the walk there to take so long, was intending to reach at 7:15pm but ended up reaching only at 8pm....

i prefer to see more of the sky and less of water. the waters are devoid of activity thus looks boring. what's your shutter speed?

try on a weekday, cloudly night.

If you guys are looking for the office lights, Friday nights are the best time to go.... lotsa of people staying back on Friday night to finish off their work for the week.

Originally posted by mervlam
    i prefer to see more of the sky and less of water. the waters are devoid of activity thus looks boring. what's your shutter speed?

try on a weekday, cloudly night.
    I didn't see the point of showing the empty dull sky, so I focused more on the reflections on the water.

Personally, I feel that you need not use the smallest f-stop. At this sort of distances, f8 would be more than sufficient(DOF), allowing a shorter exposure which gives lowered CCD noise and the camera would also be less vulnerable to wind/passing vehicles.

Also, you might consider using the autofocus instead(focus on any lighted object/building), manual focusing isn't easy or accurate on the 602 or any AF camera without a ground glass split-image or microprism focusing screen.