Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Attempt on Food Shot

Default Re: First Attempt on Food Shot

Hi ya,

Window light is often the best light (but not every kind of window la). Of course the down side of it is that it is not controllable. Yes, bounce flash upwards would create an even light.

Technically, in my own perspective, there are two areas of concerns - Food (layout, time of preparation, etc) and Photography Technicalities. Once you are able to have this framework, it helps you to manage better.

Anyway, big clap for your attempt. Next time, you critique me k?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Thanks again Dream.....

You are very helpful...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Hi ya,

Window light is often the best light (but not every kind of window la). Of course the down side of it is that it is not controllable. Yes, bounce flash upwards would create an even light.

Technically, in my own perspective, there are two areas of concerns - Food (layout, time of preparation, etc) and Photography Technicalities. Once you are able to have this framework, it helps you to manage better.

Anyway, big clap for your attempt. Next time, you critique me k?
    Thanks Jace for your encouragement....

I hope that I can work out better image in future. Think I am finding I am shooting and developing my own style to some extend..... not sure if it s the best.....

But will bear in mind the presentation part.... I think I can work on it much more....

I am not a good critique, but will offer you my $0.02!!! Thank you.....

most of the time, it is the presentation of the food......shoot fast.

use available light, not flash...or a light tent...

lens, up to u, macro lens best but for the time being, i use a 17-40mm....end of the day, if your client likes the end product and pays the money, it is all that counts

oh one thing that came to my mind... Most photos, just like movie sets, are simulated. As long as it looks right on the end picture, it doesnt matter how you get there. Even if you dont use real sauce or fish, as long as the end results is an appetizing fish, it should work fine.

There are even fabricated 'ice cubes' that are made of clear plastics. So, dun worry yourself with the cooking.

Anyway, as for the veg sogginess... must be due to the length of time it is laying on the plate.

So... last words... Who finished the Salmon?

Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    most of the time, it is the presentation of the food......shoot fast.

use available light, not flash...or a light tent...

lens, up to u, macro lens best but for the time being, i use a 17-40mm....end of the day, if your client likes the end product and pays the money, it is all that counts

Hi Dragos.....

Available lights...... I will bear that in mind.... Thank you....

If they like the image.... interesting.... just feel that it is not easy to get paid for photography as the stress level can be pretty high..... when picture do not come out well.......

Even when doing FOC for friend wedding, it was stressing for me, and I was on film some more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    oh one thing that came to my mind... Most photos, just like movie sets, are simulated. As long as it looks right on the end picture, it doesnt matter how you get there. Even if you dont use real sauce or fish, as long as the end results is an appetizing fish, it should work fine.

There are even fabricated 'ice cubes' that are made of clear plastics. So, dun worry yourself with the cooking.

Anyway, as for the veg sogginess... must be due to the length of time it is laying on the plate.

So... last words... Who finished the Salmon?
    Thanks...... not using real stuffs.... did read before, and forgotten about it... it should be interesting..... using fake food.... is the "fakes" from China also.....

The salmon..... I finished it.... It sure was tasty!!!

I can PM you the restaurant if you are interested. I tried the streak too.... can compare with Morton Steakhouse IMHO........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12