Thread: Max resolution on my notebook's monitor out

Default Max resolution on my notebook's monitor out

Hey guys,

i'm really considering getting a new monitor for my extended desktop display on my IBM T43 notebook. its running a intel 915GM onboard graphics card.

im pairing it with a 17inch philips crt for the time being. 1024x768 on my note book and 1280X1024 on my crt.

looking at the newer lcds. they go up to 1680p and i dont know if my graphics card is up to the mark for this. and it would prove rather pointless to get a new LCD and run it below native resolution.

ive been searching all morning and i cant seem to find specs regarding the max res on my notebook's monitor out. can anyone shed some light?

thanks!

Default Re: Max resolution on my notebook's monitor out

Have you tried right-clicking on your desktop and going to Properties.
    Under the Setting tab, there should be a drag-bar for the screen resolution. I think if you drag the counter all the way to the right, that should be the max resolution your graphic card can support.

EDIT: Okay, I might be wrong about the above assumption. Can try checking the Intel website for specs.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 6th October 2007 at 04:33 PM.

hi,

i thought of that too then i realised that the max resolution varies with the monitor that i connect. thats why ive come to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hacknet View Post
    hi,

i thought of that too then i realised that the max resolution varies with the monitor that i connect. thats why ive come to worry about it.
    Why don't you bring yur laptop to the store and test there?