Thread: Vietnam trip in NOv-Dec

Default Vietnam trip in NOv-Dec

Hi, I am going to visit vietnam and hope to take some nice photo and to see and experience the life there. I am impressed by some photos taken by photographers visiting there. Some of which can be found in http://www.pbase.com

According to most people will need 2 to 3 weeks to cover south and north vietnam.
    Hope to get someone to go along so as to share ideas during the trips. Also may be can rent a car to travel around the towns. I am accommodating to cost, place to stay and visit.....

Tentative dates: 18 nov to mid dec

I will spend the next two weeks to do some homework. Hope someone interested can meet to discuss the details before booking for airfare and accommodations

Default Re: Vietnam trip in NOv-Dec

I think there's already a post talking about a trip to Vietnam around the same period as well

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=314302

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    I think there's already a post talking about a trip to Vietnam around the same period as well

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=314302
    Thanks. I will be able to make it only in the early december. Otherwise, i would have joined Rheo.

Calling a few persons to join me to vietnam in the early december. Itienary and cost are flexible to me. Just a get away trip to take some photo and to see the places.

Quote Originally Posted by wcyck View Post
    Thanks. I will be able to make it only in the early december. Otherwise, i would have joined Rheo.

Calling a few persons to join me to vietnam in the early december. Itienary and cost are flexible to me. Just a get away trip to take some photo and to see the places.
    If you can do it say, from 5 - 15 Dec and only 2 - 3 places, then it'll be interesting for me to go. But I've never been to Vietnam!

I'm interested, but can only join if it's less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by syl View Post
    If you can do it say, from 5 - 15 Dec and only 2 - 3 places, then it'll be interesting for me to go. But I've never been to Vietnam!

Vietnam is a great place to visit considering that it only open to tourist less than 15 years ago and there are many places still unspoilt by commecial tourism and it is a good for backpackers.

first two weeks of dec is just right for me. We can meet and discuss on the details on the length of stay and places to visit.

i'll return Vietnam in Dec ) do u guys need a tour guide

Koz,
    I will be in Hanoi from 25Oct - 4 Nov (typo - earlier wrote wrongly as 4 Dec) ..... will you be in Hanoi then?
    Last edited by MLSK; 18th October 2007 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MLSK View Post
    Koz,
    I will be in Hanoi from 25Oct - 4 Dec ..... will you be in Hanoi then?
    Hi
    we have three persons possible to make it at least one week from 5 to 15 dec. ANy other interested to join in.

Sources indicated that visit to nothr vietnam, Hanoi and surroundings is suitable, safe and need about 10 days.

Possible rough programme
    Reach Hanoi on our own
    3 days (total) in Hanoi
    3-4 days to Sapa, Fan sipan and Bac Ha
    2 days to Halong Bay overnight
    south west to Mai Chau for 2 days

If more adventurous with 3 - 6 in a group
    north east to Cao Bang
    north west to Lai Chau,

Extended time:2-3 days
    central vietnam to Danang, Hue and Hui An

1 -2 person : best with local package tour
    3 - 6 person : best with local driver( as guide) /in car/minivan

Please give us your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozik View Post
    i'll return Vietnam in Dec ) do u guys need a tour guide
    Hi
    We have to meet and discuss before deciding on the details programme.
    Are you stationed in Hanoi ?

Quote Originally Posted by MLSK View Post
    Koz,
    I will be in Hanoi from 25Oct - 4 Dec ..... will you be in Hanoi then?
    wow, that's one month in hanoi alone. envy

i will be in hanoi with my friends mainly to climb fansipan in early dec, 6 to 16 dec tentatively with the first week for the climb and trek.

all the best to fellow clubsnappers going hanoi around the same time.

Hi Guni,

my typo .... should be 25 Oct - 4 Nov. thats about 10days! but no buddies yet, but I bet I will run into lots of ppl from sg!

will spend 14 - 23 Dec in Chiangmai. thats about 10 days too! gotta find buddies for this trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guni_hoon View Post
    wow, that's one month in hanoi alone. envy

i will be in hanoi with my friends mainly to climb fansipan in early dec, 6 to 16 dec tentatively with the first week for the climb and trek.

all the best to fellow clubsnappers going hanoi around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by cckue View Post
    I'm interested, but can only join if it's less than a week.
    Hi hhkue, syl and all

So far only three of us indicated for the trip. Most likely I will be setting off in the last week of nov and i plan to spend two weeks there. If you can spend only one week there , I think arrangement can be made because the itenarary can be made flexible. Please SMS me to discuss further details. HP 96934827

Any others who are interested in joing us feel free to sms me.

Thanks