Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iTouch

Default Re: iTouch

Well, if you want, iPhone is already available in Singapore. Too Bad I using E90, and iPhone has no 3.5G. Else I would be using iPhone now.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I tried an iphone b4. It does look very nice. But I think the itouch is not very useful to me. Too big to carry around together with my HP. If the iphone comes, then maybe will get it.

I think the experience with a 3g internet connection (asia ver of iphone) will be much better lah. wifi like very hard to log in...

I dun get it, what are you guys going to use the itouch for?

MP3? no right. watch video?

Given a choice, I would rather wait for the cowon Q5. That is something worth waiting for.
    This is my opinion:
    For Singaporean, remember there were big rush to queue at Mac to get Hello kitty which is a pair of quite useless stuffs. After the mad rush is over, what do they do with the Hello Kitty? It is more of a Hype than reality.

When IPOD video was announced, thinking that I can watch video on the move, rush to get it and at the end, it is only used as normal MP3. How many people are actually using the Video function of the IPOD Video? I rather have a Multi-media player where most of the movie can be directly copied into the unit instead of going through another conversion process just to watch once on the IPOD Video.

For 8G Itouch, you can't put in much video, and 16G is too expensive and not worth.

I had been given the choice of an iPod touch for my birthday and I decided to wait. It really is a nice product and given that my current iPod is 4 years old and doesn't display photos or video, it would have been so nice. However, the lack of storage (yes, it's smaller and lighter) at that price seems too much, especially since Apple have removed some functionality that would have made it a great PDA.

Maybe, next June they'll have new models of iPhone and iPod touch that will be better priced because Flash memory will have dropped in price again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Do you mean the iPod Touch? A bit overhyped. And if the screen is like on the iPhone, it's prone to bugs as well, such as sections of the screen losing their touch sensitivity.
    Firmware Update to 1.1.1 will solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    Anyone here owns one? I was playing with my coll's 16gb iTouch and was blown away by the 'revoluntionary' multi-touch features.

I feel like rushing out to get one but need to get a screen-protector 1st and a case.
    Anyone can recommend a case?
    I'm not a fan of those socks/moshi pouches btw.

What do you think of iTouch?
    have you tried to use it while you dig your nose?
    i can do it peacefully with my nano.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    have you tried to use it while you dig your nose?
    i can do it peacefully with my nano.
    I dun dig my nose.

seriously... it looked nice. but for the existing capacity and price... not really worth it lah. if it's priced reasonably... then maybe can consider.

Agree with that, wait for at least 80gb model, but how long do we have to wait!
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    This is my opinion:
    For Singaporean, remember there were big rush to queue at Mac to get Hello kitty which is a pair of quite useless stuffs. After the mad rush is over, what do they do with the Hello Kitty? It is more of a Hype than reality.

When IPOD video was announced, thinking that I can watch video on the move, rush to get it and at the end, it is only used as normal MP3. How many people are actually using the Video function of the IPOD Video? I rather have a Multi-media player where most of the movie can be directly copied into the unit instead of going through another conversion process just to watch once on the IPOD Video.

For 8G Itouch, you can't put in much video, and 16G is too expensive and not worth.
    Actually I use my ipod video all the time to watch movies and serials. Very handy especially when waiting at the airport or even at night in bed. Got a baby in the room, wife need to sleep so no tv..thank God for my ipod video...

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Actually I use my ipod video all the time to watch movies and serials. Very handy especially when waiting at the airport or even at night in bed. Got a baby in the room, wife need to sleep so no tv..thank God for my ipod video...
    for such occasions, I use my PDA.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    for such occasions, I use my PDA.
    PDA battery life is
    Difficult to forward/rewind. Must use stylus. Wheras ipod just use clickwheel.

16gb is really stingy of apple. if you are into ripping loseless it wil be full in no time. then again i dont think it is targeted at audiophiles who rip at high rates.

the classic 80gb is a good buy though. its thinner than the old 80gb which i got. yet the pricing is much better.

well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    16gb is really stingy of apple. if you are into ripping loseless it wil be full in no time. then again i dont think it is targeted at audiophiles who rip at high rates.
    wonder have those audiophiles have ABX high data rate and low data rate. Can tell difference or not?

I think for me 128kbps AAC almost limit already

The differences is there. However, think you may also need a good set of speakers / earpiece.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

the classic 80gb is a good buy though. its thinner than the old 80gb which i got. yet the pricing is much better.

well worth it
    heheh they are doing this I suspect to catch the gung ho early adopters who are willing to pay the high price to show off they can afford to buy it and wave around. Then a few month down the road, they drop the price suddenly....ala...like what they did with iPhone. heheh... Hopefully this time around their usual APple fan 'bois' will not give them hell again and then they start to give out silly $200 rebate coupon to those early adopter few to end up buying more stuff at their store.
    Last edited by sammy888; 9th October 2007 at 06:32 PM.

PDA battery life is
    i'll use my PSP to watch videos if i need to be discrete. screen is good and video functions are adequate

PDA battery life is
    OIC... the main reason I use PDA is that I've got x51v, 4" vga, add TCPMP and I've an excellent video player, batt is about 3-4 hrs video onli tho, hav to switch off everything else and dim the screen to about 10%.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

well worth it
    There's a reason for it really.
    The Classic uses a hard disk, the iTouch uses flash. You won't want to shake the classic too much, the iTouch won't even notice it.

There's also the difficulty.. ok near impossibilty of fitting a hard disk into the iTouch in the first place.

A iTouch with say 40gb of flash would cost more than some computers. (for now..)

well worth it
    Is there other player that has more than 16gb flash memory?

I agree with all of you....yes, Ipods are overpriced devices...lack of features, poor batt life (and non-replaceable. even if it was, replacement is ex), poor SQ, stupid iTunes i/f, cannot be a USB device, cool design etc.....

.....but then I bought a 16gb and it was fun watching Youtube, doing the Safari....., surfing was a breeze with absolutuely no lag time, great portability with no risk of damaging the hdd.

My 30gb Archos 604 is now 'demoted' for home use
    My 8gb Zen is meant MP3 and the Touch primarily for surfing, photo albums and MP3 as backup.

My only gripe is the %$#@$% sound quality as Creative/Meizu/iRiver/Cowon SQ totally pawnz the ipods....

Design wise, ipods are more zen than Creative's.
    Last edited by major_tom; 11th October 2007 at 11:17 AM.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast