Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Star Effect in Night Shots

  1. #21

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    both ! =)

    think it works for the first, not relaly for the second

    and the first, if you isolate the pathway =)

  2. #22
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    both ! =)

    think it works for the first, not relaly for the second

    and the first, if you isolate the pathway =)
    both?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    both?
    not both meh

    the first one the starburst really look like star filter leh

    second one obviously got star filter so if one have one don't have, second one lor

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Cheesecake naughty...

    Me be bad, too.... but I don't have 6-star, coz mine was stolen by a former assistant. So have to use tight f-stops.






    This one, was, however, aided by something more...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots




    this one
    Member of the earth

  6. #26
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    hey guys, sorry for the late reply. slept early!

    both my fotos were shot with star8 filter.

    just illustrating how a simple star filter can enhance the overall foto n composition, although my fotos may not be the best example.


    cheers!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post

    Me be bad, too.... but I don't have 6-star, coz mine was stolen by a former assistant. So have to use tight f-stops.
    wa barnie, u haf so many things to let ppl steal! haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    still. the lovely colors of FujiFilm is tops. nice one!


    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    This one, was, however, aided by something more...
    ya, the ND400? good filter to haf around.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    nice. i did not see the effect as strong as in the other pic. i think the Star filter is handle when you you want the effect but do not have a tripod. correct me if i am wrong.
    Member of the earth

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    btw anyone used the NDX by cokin before? can advice how to shoot with that?
    Member of the earth

  10. #30
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    nice. i did not see the effect as strong as in the other pic. i think the Star filter is handle when you you want the effect but do not have a tripod. correct me if i am wrong.
    hmmm.. the 2 fotos are shot with tripod and if camera plays a part, they were shot with S2Pro and processed with Fuji's Hyper-Utility software.

    the clarke quay foto was shot with a Cokin Star8 filter.
    the labrador foto was shot with both Cokin's Circular Polariser and Star8 filter.

    i share ur sentiment. i thought the clarke quay's foto is quite hard to distinguish between one shot with a Star8 and one without(jus small aperture of f16 n up).
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #31
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    btw anyone used the NDX by cokin before? can advice how to shoot with that?
    NDX is good stuff. but always no stock at CP.

    Neutral Density X, giving u some 13stop. Barnie has some fotos shot with something similar to Cokin's NDX. the one of the merlion with the sunburst is one example, i guess.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #32

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    hey guys, sorry for the late reply. slept early!

    both my fotos were shot with star8 filter.

    just illustrating how a simple star filter can enhance the overall foto n composition, although my fotos may not be the best example.


    cheers!
    chey, cheat people

    i knew both were shot with star filter lor!

  13. #33

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Cheesecake naughty...

    Me be bad, too.... but I don't have 6-star, coz mine was stolen by a former assistant. So have to use tight f-stops.
    the starburst is determined by the number of aperture blades, right

    so the more aperture blades, the nicer the starburst? or at least, the more spikes it has?

  14. #34
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    chey, cheat people

    i knew both were shot with star filter lor!
    i forgot abt the clarke quay foto. it was taken so long ago. only when i check with other fotos taken on that night, then it became clear to me.

    the correct use of the filters at any scenario can add more punch or drama into ur foto n composition.

    haf fun with filters!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    yup, tat is one way. sometimes using the sun as a subject matter or even at weddings...


    the star filter can be pretty handy.
    Those are exceptions but usually one won't frequently use it too. Sometimes in wedding shots, the star effects on lights can be distracting and unattractive.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    u haf so many things to let ppl steal! haha
    Unfortunately, I do meet with a lot of idiots and dishonest cases. The ones from FSV/NP and SP are but the more well-known ones. Thankfully, I do have a lot of good people along the way too. Filter, monopod, QR plate, just small price to identify the bad ones.

    I like your Clarke Quay pic though.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Unfortunately, I do meet with a lot of idiots and dishonest cases. The ones from FSV/NP and SP are but the more well-known ones. Thankfully, I do have a lot of good people along the way too. Filter, monopod, QR plate, just small price to identify the bad ones.

    I like your Clarke Quay pic though.
    hopefully ur luck will change for the better!

    yeah, its shot with S2Pro. ever since i change to D200, i stopped taking landscape fotos.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #38
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Those are exceptions but usually one won't frequently use it too. Sometimes in wedding shots, the star effects on lights can be distracting and unattractive.
    up to the individual and like i said, the right application at the right scenario!


    cheers!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    up to the individual and like i said, the right application at the right scenario!


    cheers!!
    Haha agreed! Snap on!!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Star Effect in Night Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Haha agreed! Snap on!!
    go go go!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •