Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Places - Makes good photography subjects!

Default Re: Abandoned Places - Makes good photography subjects!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ya, the link works now.

but if the abandoned place is in S'pore, it makes it all the more interesting as we can spend our wkends exploring.
    actually singapore have such places....but difficult to access without alarming people in the vicinity. After the 911 incident, paranoia everywhere....people see photographers walking among ruins, they will start calling police to report. haaa

which explains so much security over abandoned buildings.

there are however some which can still be accessed, pity thrillseekers go there and vandalize those places as well.

i see some foreign countries website, photographers could take beautiful long exposure shots of such abandoned places. Very nice.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    actually singapore have such places....but difficult to access without alarming people in the vicinity. After the 911 incident, paranoia everywhere....people see photographers walking among ruins, they will start calling police to report. haaa

which explains so much security over abandoned buildings.

there are however some which can still be accessed, pity thrillseekers go there and vandalize those places as well.

i see some foreign countries website, photographers could take beautiful long exposure shots of such abandoned places. Very nice.
    yeaps. a true pity.... haiz...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i know synapseman has some interesting photos on abandoned places in singapore.
    Some of which i haven't been, coz i got no personal transport. haaa

http://www.pbase.com/synapseman/places

Elsewhere in Asia...
    http://community.livejournal.com/aba...laces/tag/asia

anybody has info on msia's Batu Caves, has it reopened? Heard got people actually
    got lost in there, and never found.

there's this building in johore, abandoned, lots of people go there and shoot...anybody knows?
    I think redstone is the expert on buildings in this forum...waiting for him to share. Hehe
    Last edited by sbs99; 5th October 2007 at 01:31 PM.
    One-North Explorers

There's one place that I really want to shoot right now, and it's gone. The Bidadari cemetery. I used to frequent there alot as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    why you so interested in abandoned places? i know some people from CS like to bring xmm to derelict places to shoot, some like to do psychotic abstract shoot, you leh?
    On of the most engaging ways to shoot MXX in derelic place is to pose her with long hair covering the face after dark lit with candle lights.

One of the MXX actually walked into a wall and never to return again to do more TFCD. Maybe our P&P skill is not to her liking?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    shoot xmm not mean unfaithful if you find shooting xmm make you tempted means you are faithful in the first place
    Think you mean "if you find shooting xmm make you tempted means you are unfaithful in the first place
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem777 View Post
    There's one place that I really want to shoot right now, and it's gone. The Bidadari cemetery. I used to frequent there alot as a kid.
    issit closed off now? graves exhumed? anyone can confirm?
    i remember those superfit gurkhas jog there...erm...i mean run...they actually run all the way. Not jog. Damn stamina fit. haaa
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    why you so interested in abandoned places? i know some people from CS like to bring xmm to derelict places to shoot, some like to do psychotic abstract shoot, you leh?

any examples of psychotic abstract shoots?
    would love go get into psychotic art

i remember those superfit gurkhas jog there...erm...i mean run...they actually run all the way. Not jog. Damn stamina fit. haaa
    Not sure eh. I thought closed for circle line already. There should be a few good spots to shoot, there were a few Mother Mary statues that I used to really like.

Not sure eh. I thought closed for circle line already. There should be a few good spots to shoot, there were a few Mother Mary statues that I used to really like.
    icic thanks for the info, the area bit far for me to reach without personal transport. Maybe next time. Hehehehe

yah the grave statues there are nice, u dun usually see such in lck. Heh

Anybody been to bulim cemetery? Anything interesting to shoot there?
    One-North Explorers

It's has become like this now.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    It's has become like this now.
    oh...everything exhumed, now it looks like a park? Accessible?
    One-North Explorers

oh...everything exhumed, now it looks like a park? Accessible?
    Car? no,
    on foot, yes.

many gurkhas and public jog there in the later afternoon.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    do u all heard of an abandoned British military fort on a small island near P.Tekong ?
    I think you are referring to Pulau Tekong Kechil. I'd been there once many years ago just to stay for the night. Buildings with a lot of plant growth around it so moving around may be difficult. The walls are filled with graffiti, obviously by people who passed by there, mostly student groups I gather.

It'd be nasty if such things happened to other abandoned places.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Car? no,
    on foot, yes.

many gurkhas and public jog there in the later afternoon.
    just went there to shoot last sunday, think Masjid Bidadari is going to be tore down, already boarded up and I don't think you can shoot the mosque anymore. Parts of it already tored down

the rest of the place looks like how your photo look like

Someone called?

The most surreal abandoned place I've been was inside Jurong Road Track 22. With the abandoned huge brickworks, entire abandoned kampongs, tracks that stretch forever... But all are gone now. Sadly my recce companion didn't wanted to go into any of the kampongs or brickworks, so I just shot from outside.

There's an old building in JB, abandoned for over 30 years inside the Istana grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Someone called?

The most surreal abandoned place I've been was inside Jurong Road Track 22. With the abandoned huge brickworks, entire abandoned kampongs, tracks that stretch forever... But all are gone now. Sadly my recce companion didn't wanted to go into any of the kampongs or brickworks, so I just shot from outside.

There's an old building in JB, abandoned for over 30 years inside the Istana grounds.
    track 22, is it near bulim? or tuas?
    i wouldnt mind going with u, if all those stuff are still there. haha

wats the name of the building? got website describing it for info?

i recently saw a building near the lorry customs area, looks oppressively and impressive, and looks abandoned. :P
    One-North Explorers

track 22, is it near bulim? or tuas?
    i wouldnt mind going with u, if all those stuff are still there. haha

wats the name of the building? got website describing it for info?

i recently saw a building near the lorry customs area, looks oppressively and impressive, and looks abandoned. :P
    Track 22, quite a distance from Bulim. We bumped into an old uncle cycling from an endless track. I asked where the track led to. He said Bulim. Google Earth just updated photos, showing Track 22. The chimneys of the brickworks are still there. Kampongs most probably gone liao. I last went in 2 years ago.

The JB building is inside Taman Istana, 2 storeys, yellow, with a large plaza in front of it. It's near a car park.

Be very careful where you step, literally. As some of floorboards are rotten, and parts of the 2nd floor had caved it.
    Last edited by redstone; 8th October 2007 at 02:37 AM.

Track 22, quite a distance from Bulim. We bumped into an old uncle cycling from an endless track. I asked where the track led to. He said Bulim. Google Earth just updated photos, showing Track 22. The chimneys of the brickworks are still there. Kampongs most probably gone liao. I last went in 2 years ago.

The JB building is inside Taman Istana, 2 storeys, yellow, with a large plaza in front of it. It's near a car park.

Be very careful where you step, literally. As some of floorboards are rotten, and parts of the 2nd floor had caved it.

ah i c....perhaps soon we can go take a look. hehe

by the way Jb that building...looks interesting, heard quite alot of wedding couples go there for photoshoots too.
    One-North Explorers

boh jio... ....

saw an abandoned old colonial house around 1-2km from JB checkpoint. Urban-ly-abandoned.
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast