Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutter speed for racing

Default Re: Shutter speed for racing

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    My take for CNKC2007

Only adjust levels, saturation, USM, watermark and resize.
    Shutter priority. ISO 100. Shutter speed 1/80~1/60

Sharp photos. Can see the panning done well =D

With fast shutter speed meaning less light will hit the sensor therefore the image will be very dark. And by making the aperture bigger more light will hit the sensor but still to dark?My quesiton is...is a flash a must???

I have tried on my e510 at home, its too dark with fast shutter speed. Halfway thru, the battery died. Then I switched to my G7 and tried again. it seems that flash is needed.
    Am i wrong? Please enlighten me on this.

Thanks

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonman View Post
    With fast shutter speed meaning less light will hit the sensor therefore the image will be very dark. And by making the aperture bigger more light will hit the sensor but still to dark?My quesiton is...is a flash a must???

I have tried on my e510 at home, its too dark with fast shutter speed. Halfway thru, the battery died. Then I switched to my G7 and tried again. it seems that flash is needed.
    Am i wrong? Please enlighten me on this.

Thanks
    firstly..wat is the metered value for aperture and shutter speed by ur camera and at wat ISO? wat mode u r using? P, Av, Tv or M? ur question not very clear, i can't offer much help..

Yes shutter speed do affect the light hitting on ur sensor..
    I suggest u read more articles on camera function..and the relation between ISO, aperture and shutter speed..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

If you're shooting in Tv mode on your S3IS ... you can try lowering the exposure compensation by -1/3 or more to prevent the whites from blowing out.

Shutter speeds vary depending on subject when shooting sports (and what type of sports)

You need to have good holding technique. More so if you're using long lenses. Monopod is the best solution. Tripods are abit of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    firstly..wat is the metered value for aperture and shutter speed by ur camera and at wat ISO? wat mode u r using? P, Av, Tv or M? ur question not very clear, i can't offer much help..

Yes shutter speed do affect the light hitting on ur sensor..
    I suggest u read more articles on camera function..and the relation between ISO, aperture and shutter speed..
    I am sorry, did not note down the values. Was going through all the values to test which is best. will try again.

I am sorry, did not note down the values. Was going through all the values to test which is best. will try again.
    Aiyo ... why nowadays people think so much when they shoot?

There is no "best value" lighting conditions change. The object you're shooting changes/speed varies .. all will constitute an imbalance to the equation and thus the shooter will need to know how, when to correct that imbalance to get the shot.

Member/Tangshooter

learn to trust ur camera metering first..
    but then there are difficult situations like subject against a strong back light..e.g sunset shots, which usually result in underexposing ur subject..or overexposing ur background..hence a fill in flash is needed..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12