Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Hashima Island

  1. #1

    Default Abandoned Places - Good photography subjects!

    this place is rather interesting...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gukanjima

    Last edited by sbs99; 5th October 2007 at 11:14 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    looks cool...

    so thats where battle royale 2 is...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    strange that they just abandoned the whole island just like that.
    Imagine staying on it ....so surreal...surrounded by structures like these...like those fantasy anime. eg akira...etc
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    strange that they just abandoned the whole island just like that.
    Imagine staying on it ....so surreal...surrounded by structures like these...like those fantasy anime. eg akira...etc
    something might have happened..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    ah got video somemore....quite interesting...

    http://www.videosift.com/video/Aband...apanese-Island
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    a whole abandoned island! cool

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    hmm.....wonder if can get a trip there for shoot. would be damn cool.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    it says visits are prohibited, but i read somewhere in a lonely planet entry by a traveller, he managed to get a fishing boat to go there for a visit.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    prob you can. Thought the island looked familiar, the common name is battleship isle in japanese.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    it says visits are prohibited, but i read somewhere in a lonely planet entry by a traveller, he managed to get a fishing boat to go there for a visit.
    come, lets organise illegal trip to battleship island...

    Apocalypse theme
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    come, lets organise illegal trip to battleship island...

    Apocalypse theme

    its in japan leh....not some off coast of singapore island. Heavy costs! If i tio toto...then maybe i go visit.


    Meanwhile check this out...abandoned amusement park.
    Abandoned places make nice photography subjects, don't u think?

    http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~punch-ht/tgland01.html

    can identify the name? all in japanese...me no understand. :P



    i think i change thread title...hehe...
    changed liao...how come never update?


    THIS THREAD CAN CLOSE LIAO, NEWER THREAD STARTED.
    Last edited by sbs99; 5th October 2007 at 11:30 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    its in japan leh....not some off coast of singapore island. Heavy costs! If i tio toto...then maybe i go visit.


    Meanwhile check this out...abandoned amusement park.
    Abandoned places make nice photography subjects, don't u think?

    http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~punch-ht/tgland01.html

    can identify the name? all in japanese...me no understand. :P

    ...
    I looked for it and couldn't find the old name, but it's in Fukushima prefecture. I looked at the name given and laughed because it couldn't have been named that. So, I went for a Google translation of the page: http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DjyL

  13. #13

    Default Re: Hashima Island

    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •