Thread: taking macro misc talk

Default taking macro misc talk

Read about a close up lens attachment RAYNOX DCR 250.. seems pretty good. it can just attached to a normal lense let's say 50mm prime? i had read the FAQ in the close up and macro gallery, and it seems this RAYNOX DCR 250 can be used on those prosumer with 10xtimes zoom camera..

i wonder does it mean using this Raynox DCR250 on power zoom prosumer camera means we get closer image? more details?

For this Raynox DCR250, attach a prime 50mm LENSE on DSLR or a power zoom prosumer camera will get closer macro?

Default Re: taking macro misc talk

from what i understand,this raynox is actually a attachment on the front of the lens
    it helps to magnify the subjects thus making them bigger
    There are lenses of different magnification as well
    i myself havan own 1 yet so maybe someone who owns 1 of these can give you a deeper insight

You can read more here :

Raynox DCR-250

This fits on lenses which has a front filter ring of 43mm or from 52-67mm (using the adaptor)
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

The adaptor is some kinda clip on adaptor. The close up lens actually acts like a magnifying glass in front of the lens. So by using the lens, you can only do close focusing and not long focusing.

but same 50mm lense, if reverse on a DSLR, and compare to reverse on a power zoom prosumer, which set up gives more 'close-up' performance? i mean the ratio..

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    but same 50mm lense, if reverse on a DSLR, and compare to reverse on a power zoom prosumer, which set up gives more 'close-up' performance? i mean the ratio..
    It depends on the focal length of the prosumer camera. The magnification is as such.

If you have a 50mm reversed over a 100mm, you'd get 2:1 magnification ratio (MR from here)
    50 : 200... 4:1 MR
    But do note that such setups will generally give you very limited DOF and you focus by moving the whole setup back and forth until focus is in place.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Member/Tangshooter

How does this thing perform as compared to a extension tube?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    It's more like a close-up filter. Not sure of the performance comparision though.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Talking Re: taking macro misc talk

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Hi all,

Please check out the answers and more details of the DCR-250 here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RAYNOX-CM-200...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,
    Jim, McGill.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    It depends on the focal length of the prosumer camera. The magnification is as such.

If you have a 50mm reversed over a 100mm, you'd get 2:1 magnification ratio (MR from here)
    50 : 200... 4:1 MR
    But do note that such setups will generally give you very limited DOF and you focus by moving the whole setup back and forth until focus is in place.
    hi zac08, so if i reverse this lense 50mm on a DSLR, i will get 1:1 ratio?

if i reverse this lense on a 12xzoom prosumer camera, let's say the max zom 420mm, the 50:420..like 8:1 MR?

So am i right to say if i have a 50mm lense, i will get more magnification to reverse it on a power zoom prosumer instead of on a DSLR?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    hi zac08, so if i reverse this lense 50mm on a DSLR, i will get 1:1 ratio?

if i reverse this lense on a 12xzoom prosumer camera, let's say the max zom 420mm, the 50:420..like 8:1 MR?

So am i right to say if i have a 50mm lense, i will get more magnification to reverse it on a power zoom prosumer instead of on a DSLR?

Thanks.
    Tat's in theory, do note that you'd need a large aperture for the front reversed lens. I've tried using a 24mm f2.8 reversed against my 90mm f2.8 and the results... well... let's just say tat vignetting is one BIG issue.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site