Thread: Yellowish prints

Default Yellowish prints

I send some of my pics (aft editing using CS2) for printing at color labs and found my pics having yellowish effect (warm tone). I have not adjusted the WB or use filters (during editing) and it looks fine on my comp and laptop though...i even tried different color labs. Pls enlighten me

Default Re: Yellowish prints

Is your monitor calibrated? It seems wierd that even at different color labs you would get the same effect unless it is a photo that most print operators would treat it as one which would look better with a warmer tone. Try printing with no color correction (by the lab) if still like that means your monitor is far off.

This is most likely a case of your monitors not being calibrated.
    Even the most basic calibrator would correct this to a large extent.
    Colour labs calibrate their printers and monitors on a regular basis, even everyday, so it's unlikely that there's something wrong with their printers.

Most probably you are a guy who don't like warm colours. Thus, all your monitors you prefer a cooler tone. And when you do PS on these 'biased' monitors, then all your pictures all turn out yellowish loor.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

thnks guys..yup..my comp is not calibrated its time to invest in one the warm tone is irritating..

Invest in what? You just have to calibrate it yourself lah. Take a print, try and adjust your curve, presto!
    APAD | Blog

Deregistered

Andy's approach is the poor-man's way. While many may scorn it, it does work. Do note that most monitors have a color temp setting too. Push your color temp to 5000-5400K range and you may find it closer to reality. But do use the test print as a double-check.

Yeah! Save save save! ;-)
    APAD | Blog