Thread: Best Photo Hosting Sites?

Default Best Photo Hosting Sites?

I used to upload my photos to Yahoo Photos when I was still using my 3.2Mpixel PNS camera. Now that I have upgraded to a 10Mpixel SLR (and also coz Yahoo Photos is shutting down), I've transferred my photos to Flickr and I've been given 3 months of their pro account.

I've been reading their forums and it seems that Flickr is not the best around if all I really want is an online depository, sharing selected folders and photos.

Any comments thoughts to Flickr and if anyone has found a good alternative, do share?

Thanks!

Default Re: Best Photo Hosting Sites?

GO do a search, this topic has been discussed before...

And it all depends on you... I'm on Flickr, so far so good...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by qwertbabe View Post
    I used to upload my photos to Yahoo Photos when I was still using my 3.2Mpixel PNS camera. Now that I have upgraded to a 10Mpixel SLR (and also coz Yahoo Photos is shutting down), I've transferred my photos to Flickr and I've been given 3 months of their pro account.

I've been reading their forums and it seems that Flickr is not the best around if all I really want is an online depository, sharing selected folders and photos.

Any comments thoughts to Flickr and if anyone has found a good alternative, do share?

Thanks!
    Actually Flickr is pretty good and a lot of our fellow CSers use it. You can try Multiply too. I find that Photobucket is pretty slow to upload photos, otherwise, it's not too bad.

OT: Just saw that you're staying at Telok Blangah too. Maybe, we can go for a shoot near our place next time.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

For no fuss easy upload you may also want to consider PicasaWebAlbums.

I'm using Flickr too. So far it's good.

If u only need to store photos, use photobucket.com. I've been using photobucket since 2005 for hosting pictures for my blog. So far no problem with it too.

I use Photobucket. Not bad. Quite fast if you resize your pictures correctly.

Try www.photoshelter.com or www.digitalrailroad.net

They allow archival of photos. Good if you need remote storage of your precious photos.
    Eugene

i tried picasa web albums, then i tried flickr. both are good as web albums and to store / show your pics in the albums.

but i had problems using these to post my pics here in clubsnap (my most important requirement!! ) then i tried photobucket and posting pics here has become a breeze ever since...they also have a box with the IMG info which if you click it copies the IMG info and you just paste that here in CS post and voila your pic is uploaded (resized correctly etc etc).

maybe the other websites do that too...not sure...but found them a bit difficult to use on this point only...cheers.

i use multiply but how come i cant post photos using that? is it possible to use multiply to post photos on forums/message boards?

Im using flickr too and i can create collections and sets and upload my pics as private if i dun wan anyone to see them
    It's worked very well for me
    Unfortunately for multiply,you cant hotlink pics

photobucket and flickr is good.

Any comments on pbase?

Quote Originally Posted by contacted View Post
    Any comments on pbase?
    pbase is rather good too however i prefer picasa because of the ease of uploading
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

I used Pbase in the past and then they started introducing some credits system which put me off.

I am using a Flickr Pro account now and I loved it to bits. Flickr is pretty versatile and I can use 3rd party apps to get my Photos on my own website and Facebook. Hotlinking is easy too. And you can set privacy settings to disallow downloading of your images, but that of course, can be easily countered by a print screen (small version of your photo).

If you don't want to pay, you can also take a look at Flickr's clone, zooomr.com, although the site still feels rather raw, lacking features and sometimes buggy.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    i use multiply but how come i cant post photos using that? is it possible to use multiply to post photos on forums/message boards?
    no, multiply do not support hotlinking..

I always use xs.to, for temp photo storage online, i am not sure how long they will save your photo for. But it is a very reliable site plus "xs.to", how hard is it to remember the site?

Ps: xs.to support hotlinking without banner or ads, but i normally put their banner to support their site.

Thanks all - it was good to know the various options. Checked out photobucket, but still preferred Flickr's interface. Besides my thousands of photos are already there (new and from Yahoo...) think I will just succumb to Flickr and pay for their pro services.

Thanks again