Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teacher Jonathan Lock wins appeal

Default Re: Teacher Jonathan Lock wins appeal

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    *RAISE HAND* I know! I know! I know! Can I answer?
    Do so at your own risk

Maybe got their lawyer here nothing to do sue you for slander
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Let me relate this, told to me by my friend:

Some years back my friend park his car at the side of the road and a public bus crash into his car's rear.
    Went through the same mumbo jumbo to do the insurance claim and got his car repaired.
    Than about 2 mths after the accident, he received a letter from the public bus operator stating that they have been advised by their insurer to claim from HIM the lost of use for the bus due to investigation and repair!!!
    This is after the public bus operator's insurer have admitted that fault is with the bus and have agreed to pay for my friend's car repair!!!

My friend was so mad that he went to their head office and demanded to see the head of dept. When he saw him he gave him a copy of the letter and told him off and said to him in front of everyone there "you want to claim from me? I'm not going to pay you a single cent!!! Don't think just because you're a big company you can bully me!!!! Sue me!!! I'll see you in court!!!"

One week later he got a letter from them to apologize for the "leaps in administration"

Anyone want to guess which Public Bus Operator and who's the Insurer?
    Wah, like this also can ah?

Knock other's car, still want to receive compensation. This is worse than robbers! To bend the rules to their own advantage in OPEN DAYLIGHT!

I am worry for poor singaporeans in this pond of "Big Fish bullying small fish".Throw the Big Fish into the sea, and see if it can still survive.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    Wah, like this also can ah?

Knock other's car, still want to receive compensation. This is worse than robbers! To bend the rules to their own advantage in OPEN DAYLIGHT!

I am worry for poor singaporeans in this pond of "Big Fish bullying small fish".Throw the Big Fish into the sea, and see if it can still survive.
    That's what is happening all the time, remember couple years back? Transport company announce $XX millions in profit and than in that same mth, ask for fare increases and the gov said OK lor.

Just look at how our "big fish" kenna left, right, centre and especially behind in cases like China's Shuzhou Industrial Park, HK's telecom, Thailand's telecom, etc, The general feeling is that they are not welcome there, " you think you're damn big time isit? I'll eat you up, sh*t you out and flash you down the toilet !!! ".
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I think they are still resting in the cradle. Too comfortable and simple at home. Fully supported and without any competition since there is no rival. How to grow up like this?

It's no brainer at home, until they venture into unfamiliar territories. Then they will know what is Big Fish in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I thank God there is justice in this land.
    You sure?????????
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I thank God there is justice in this land.
    You sure?????????
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    If we look at this from another angle, it's good that JL's ex lawyer did all that, at least for all of us. If not, NTUC would have got away with another case of big bully small. For any one of us, if NTUC threaten to sue in high court and the cost can go up to 5 fig, got case or no case, right or wrong, many of us will just pay NTUC what they demand, and the boss of NTUC will still not know that their lawyers are running around with a loose pistol.

NTUC, just like the former NKF guy, though that they're big and untouchable so can bully the guy in the street
    One of my relatives worked part-time at that supermarket or a short while. On the last day of work, they held back her pay for 1 more month, to ensure that their accounting of the salary arrears were correct. Finally after they paid, they surprise her another 1 month later; they said they overpaid the relative $102. Every month someone from that supermarket HR will call her HP or home number asking her to pay back. My this relative was right to say that she has no way of knowing if their calculations were right or wrong, she depended on them to get it right, and they had so much time to do it right before they pay! It doesn't not matter if they made the mistake or not, its not her problem.

Of course, that supermarket followed up with letter of demand from their lawyers. This time I was excited. I told her to ignore every single letter. I want to see how much money and time they are willing to continue to collect that $102.

At least, in this instance, they gave up after a year! They must have sent like 3 lawyer letters and numerous phone calls. How much money is that wasted?
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    You sure?????????
    Yes to a huge extent

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    One of my relatives worked part-time at that supermarket or a short while. On the last day of work, they held back her pay for 1 more month, to ensure that their accounting of the salary arrears were correct. Finally after they paid, they surprise her another 1 month later; they said they overpaid the relative $102. Every month someone from that supermarket HR will call her HP or home number asking her to pay back. My this relative was right to say that she has no way of knowing if their calculations were right or wrong, she depended on them to get it right, and they had so much time to do it right before they pay! It doesn't not matter if they made the mistake or not, its not her problem.

Of course, that supermarket followed up with letter of demand from their lawyers. This time I was excited. I told her to ignore every single letter. I want to see how much money and time they are willing to continue to collect that $102.

At least, in this instance, they gave up after a year! They must have sent like 3 lawyer letters and numerous phone calls. How much money is that wasted?
    Wah, how can they be so incompetent? Held back salaries of the workers?

I think the Manager or supervisor should be sacked right away for making such a stupid blunder.

Without salary, eat what?

If you want to let NTUC know about it, you personally can raise it to Mr Lim Swee Say or Mr. Lim Boon Heng at their meet the people sessions.
    Be sure to name the staff i/c of the NTUC outfit accurately.
    This will help to zero in on the problem.

And better still offer to pay the $102 back to either of the Mr. Lim personally. This should be done to give you the moral high ground.

Just tell them not to allow NTUC (of all the organisations -- this one that champions workers' rights) to delay payment of salary while the screwed up accounting department calculates how much to pay them. (wrongly as it turned out - they take 1 month to calculate a simple sum and ended up doing so wrongly). I am not sure if the NTUC have broken the Employment Act by holding back worker's salaries for 1 month plus. (not sure- someone can check it up).

And show either of the Mr. Lim the 3 fierce lawyers' letters. Mr. Lock's case shows some organisations do not control their legal departments well.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th October 2007 at 12:20 AM.

Haha... look at the way they arrange their goods... Thats how bad this organisation is.... I dont do my shopping there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123