Thread: Food recommendations (website & bugis area)

Default Food recommendations (website & bugis area)

will be heading to singapore later this year..

any "reliable" sites that recommend good places to eat local dishes? found this site (http://www.sbestfood.com) so far. any others?

oh and if anyone knows any good dishes to eat around bugis area, please share!

thank youu!

Default Re: Food recommendations (website & bugis area)

Ho Kee Duck Noodle/Rice. It's just behind Bugis Junction.

coming over from nz? welcome welcome! first time here?

since u asking abt bugis, are u going to stay around there?

zdragon, thanks for your suggestion! back of bugis junction, does that mean i have to cross a busy road (if i recall correctly, 3-4 lanes of traffic)? i assume it's a stand alone shop and not a food stall within a hawker centre? so can spot easily right?

boredphuck, not first time. lived in sg when i was younger. yep staying in bugis.

Quote Originally Posted by noelle View Post
    zdragon, thanks for your suggestion! back of bugis junction, does that mean i have to cross a busy road (if i recall correctly, 3-4 lanes of traffic)? i assume it's a stand alone shop and not a food stall within a hawker centre? so can spot easily right?

boredphuck, not first time. lived in sg when i was younger. yep staying in bugis.
    Yes. You have to cross the busy road. If you are not in a rush to eat... you can use the traffic light just a few meters away. It's a coffeeshop.

On top of that there are also a few new eating places in Bugis junction itself. Try the TimSum on the 2nd floor. The food court of Bugis junction has also moved to the 3rd floor.

If you are exploring other eating places. You should also try Amoy street Food Center. It's Cheap and it's yummy.

You can try the coffeshop at the corner of North Bridge Road and Liang Seah Street, forgot its name, it serves halal Chinese and Malay dishes, the Hainanese chicken rice is excellent, $3.00 per plate with a bowl of soup.

oic. food around bugis. i would usually eat at bugis junction itself. the bak kut teh at bugis is very popular. phin's steaks are good. its just across the road from bugis junction. over on the other side, the bak chor noodles at the food court in sim lim square is nice. i like the sin ho chicken rice at short st near to prinsep. the hawker centre at middle rd got good food too.

Not forgetting there is also the steamboat buffet available in that area.

zdragon & garion, thanks, never been to the places you mentioned but will check them out.

boredphuck, thanks, btw what is prinsep?

singapore lunch hour rush is the norm? noon to 2pm?

zdragon & garion, thanks, never been to the places you mentioned but will check them out.

boredphuck, thanks, btw what is prinsep?

singapore lunch hour rush is the norm? noon to 2pm?
    prinsep st. its near to middle rd. near to the elections dept. walking distance to sim lim square.