Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Kill a "Singing" Koel

Blog Entries

Default Re: To Kill a "Singing" Koel

maybe the TC should just issue him a pair of ear plugs

most likely they will try to catch it and relocate to bird park. Its gonna be a tough workout for those saikang warriors.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    u dun laugh hor... he paid hdb, paid tax... anything that gets in his way of sleeping ought to be shot down...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u dun laugh hor... he paid hdb, paid tax... anything that gets in his way of sleeping ought to be shot down...
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    maybe the TC should just issue him a pair of ear plugs
    Or get the crow shooters to shoot the fella instead of the bird.

Since birds are creature of habits and relocation would not work and the chap probably would not shift house just to get his beauty sleep, the alternative way would either be to shoot the bird or shoot the letter writer.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post

Since birds are creature of habits and relocation would not work and the chap probably would not shift house just to get his beauty sleep, the alternative way would either be to shoot the bird or shoot the letter writer.
    think the letter writer is getting alot of flaks now...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

what happen if his neighbour enjoy the free bird song, while he hate it, who wins

Sadly, in Singapore, most of the time it's the one who complains that get their way
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post

I'm sure our friends at the Rifle Range will be more than willing to accommodate haahaa

I think if you close one eye to the letter writer's "unusual request" to deal with the bird, he is actually ranting about how he pay fees enfored by law with no gaurantee or commitment of response time.

By the way, he did not request for the koel to be shot as the TS and some have mentioned here.

How many times I have read in the kopitiam of one person or another complain about increase in fares, fee hikes, clinic costs or road rates and yet there is no black & white on service levels or comitment for improvement?

Why should the letter writer, frustrated after 6 weeks of waiting, be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by ykia View Post
    I think if you close one eye to the letter writer's "unusual request" to deal with the bird, he is actually ranting about how he pay fees enfored by law with no gaurantee or commitment of response time.

By the way, he did not request for the koel to be shot as the TS and some have mentioned here.

How many times I have read in the kopitiam of one person or another complain about increase in fares, fee hikes, clinic costs or road rates and yet there is no black & white on service levels or comitment for improvement?

Why should the letter writer, frustrated after 6 weeks of waiting, be any different?

*clap clap*

that's the crux of the matter. the lovely art of 'taiji'.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

underlying agendasss!! hahaa
    subtle but hint.
    One-North Explorers

Hmmm... Interesting, the TS registered on CS in Nov 2005 and the very first post is on this topic, plus a call for us to "spam" the Town Council...

Maybe he/she has another motive for using the email template of "...shooting of birds..." in general (eg. crow culling) instead of calling out the koel specifically?

Calling Moderators/Admins...
    Last edited by ykia; 3rd October 2007 at 11:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Hmmm... Interesting, the TS registered on CS in Nov 2005 and the very first post is on this topic, plus a call for us to "spam" the Town Council...

Maybe he/she has another motive for using the email template of "...shooting of birds..." in general (eg. crow culling) instead of calling out the koel specifically?

Calling Moderators/Admins...
    Yes, let's not look too much in to it and take it as it is ok. No need for big time detective work and witch hunt.

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    鸟语花香。。。

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    鸟语花香。。。
    bird-talk smell like flower?

dun get it.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I like the response from the Newpaper. Its true. I rather hear the natural sounds of birds calling, be it crow, mynah or even Koel. I hear them near me every morning. Frankly its more pleasant to the ears than the neighbours singing karaoke out of tune, that is so damn irritating.... or some idiot on the motocycle blazing away with that irritating loud noise as if he is practising for the grand prix anytime of the day or night.

Lets learn to live peacefully and in harmony with nature.

bird-talk smell like flower?

dun get it.
    成语:鸟语花香

【zdic.net 漢 典 網】
    【解释】:鸟叫得好听,花开得喷香。形容春天的美好景象。
    【出处】:宋吕本中《紫薇庵居》:鸟语花香变夕阴,稍闲复恐病相寻。
    【示例】:一路行来,山青水绿,~,真是个好风景也。 ◎清李渔《比目鱼肥遁》
    【近义词】:山清水秀
    【反义词】:穷乡僻壤
    【语法】:联合式;作定语、宾语;形容春天的美好景象

Quote Originally Posted by elias601 View Post
    I like the response from the Newpaper. Its true. I rather hear the natural sounds of birds calling, be it crow, mynah or even Koel. I hear them near me every morning. Frankly its more pleasant to the ears than the neighbours singing karaoke out of tune, that is so damn irritating.... or some idiot on the motocycle blazing away with that irritating loud noise as if he is practising for the grand prix anytime of the day or night.

Lets learn to live peacefully and in harmony with nature.
    let's try having a flock of crows every morning and every evening and see how u like it.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    let's try having a flock of crows every morning and every evening and see how u like it.
    u kena the aerial assault before rite...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast