Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cheated in Yahoo Auctions !!

Thats why now i really no confidence in purchase things online without meeting the seller. I'd really wanna view the thing im suppose to buy personally and then cash and carry it. Really not safe to jus view pic, pay and then expect to receive for expensive items.

Thumbs up

Great news for you.

So was it a scam really in the end or was that guy just slow & stupid or what?

Originally posted by alloy
    Thats why now i really no confidence in purchase things online without meeting the seller. I'd really wanna view the thing im suppose to buy personally and then cash and carry it. Really not safe to jus view pic, pay and then expect to receive for expensive items.
    This is the main reason why most ecommerce sites fail to tackle singapore market..

Now im not really sure if its a scam or the seller jus didnt noe the money is in his account or he jus dont dare to collect it for fear that i have already made a report regarding his case. Or perhaps he really is on the run since he mentioned that he is indebt.

Now im not really sure if its a scam or the seller jus didnt noe the money is in his account or he jus dont dare to collect it for fear that i have already made a report regarding his case. Or perhaps he really is on the run since he mentioned that he is indebt.
    when did the seller mention that he is in debt?

I think this is a warningn sign if the seller mentioned this before you give the money to him. Of course not all sellers in debt are dishonest and will not send you the goods once its paid. So I think this is something the buyer should take note of before deciding whether to pay or not.

Originally posted by noblerot
    no worries

btw, me sis not bro
    you'll be getting a lot of attention here then

Guess we'll never know. But if were in debt & expecting some money into my acct. I'd be checking twice a day everyday

Hahahhah, yah huh, at least i will be doing that too. Guess he might really be on th erun.

Hi lavender, he mentioned after my sis asked hm for details of payment, as he wanted a cash money order so that he can use it to pay to his debtor. My sis refused and only agreed to a TT.

Hahahhah, yah huh, at least i will be doing that too. Guess he might really be on th erun.

Hi lavender, he mentioned after my sis asked hm for details of payment, as he wanted a cash money order so that he can use it to pay to his debtor. My sis refused and only agreed to a TT.
    Smart move. Reminder to all - NEVER use Western Union or similar to send money to someone you don't know overseas as once they get it, there is NO WAY for you to recover ANY money AT ALL.
    Last edited by cyrilng; 14th May 2003 at 04:28 PM.

Great man! So, your sister is giving you dinner some day? :-)

Although there are some scammers around on ebay and other internet places, I will always buy from reputable sellers and only if there is a photo if the item. Many sellers on ebay are just 'karang guni' people, so don't expect they know everything about the products. I have done many deals through ebay ond outside, never got burned sofar. As long as you are careful and email alot, it should be fairly safe. Ebay is mostly for cheap sales, so although there is some risks, i take it cause prices are low, or I just can't get these items here.

So, don't be afraid of it, just be careful, same for SARS......:-) ooooops, where is my mask????

Hong Sien

wow good for ya alloy,

was abt to send my well wishes but it seems that u are lucky n able to recover ur money.....hahah i too slow liaoz..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456