Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cheated in Yahoo Auctions !!

wahh, wai , u also not local ah. seems like quite a few ppl not locals.

By the way , ghim moh, is very near to Holland road, next to RJC, and a few bus stops away from Henry Park Primary School, the pri sch i went to last time.

Originally posted by alloy
    wahh, wai , u also not local ah. seems like quite a few ppl not locals.

By the way , ghim moh, is very near to Holland road, next to RJC, and a few bus stops away from Henry Park Primary School, the pri sch i went to last time.
    heard of Holland Road....but RJC? Henry Park Pri? never been there before

sorry for getting your thread OT

Its ok dont worry, me not so particular

"oic........I have been here for 12 years and still don't know all the road names mah""

Shame on you! :-)

HS

Any news about the parcel?

Hong Sien

Haiz, till now still not here. Comfirm + chop gone case liao lah. Now dunno wat i should next also liao lah.

my sis onli buy things frm the local yahoo...
    so far it's quiet smoothly...nth bad happened yet...
    hehehe~

altho i personally got burned twice both as seller and buyer i take that as paying lessons and remain as ebayer

points i normally note as buyer : -

1) sellers feedback ( evalute their negative feedbacks esp. )
    ( note what he has been selling, for all you know he could be selling some kuching kurak items couple of times to build a good feedback profile first than fraud one big time )
    ( note the last sold item date, see how active the account is )
    ( cross bidding by friends to create a good profile is not uncommon )

2) insist they buy insurance for the more expensive products and send you a copy of it

3) like most pals here have advised you, try and pay by credit card so you will be protected by chargeback

4) specify sound international courier and ask for tracking number

5) keep all correspondences for online dispute resolution if needed

6) to be very sure, just be a pain, ask for :
    - copy of their bank statement ( they can cancel out all the trasaction details )
    - verify with issuing bank his existence

7) request for his residing address and contact details, just give him a call to verify

8) always try to keep to protection guidelines suggested by auction sites otherwise they wont entertain your claims or dispute

8) keep all these information, they will help you deal with fraud investigation better.

as seller : -

1) rule of thumb - dont be tempted to sell your items to the following countries :

- lithuania / russia
    - indonesia
    - china ( can but with caution )
    - africa

these are the places you get 99% fraud

2) if the items are expensive, ask them to pay by :
    - Telegraphic transfer
    - demand draft / money order

3) let them have as much assurance as seller, let them have your issuing bank details, address etc...

4) if they insist on paypal, then you really have to stick to the guidelines given by auction site ( in it they indicate countries they cover, payment procedure etc... )

5) always indicate in your site terms and conditions on payment, shipping procedure ( try and protect yourself by releasing the goods upon payment only but keeping to guidelines strictly )

6) pay alittle more for insurance to ensure your goods arrive in same condition.

7) discuss your doubt with more experience buyer/seller in the forum, they could provide invaluable advice

Thanks bro for u tips

Will remeber to use them IF i ever do other online transactions in future.

no worries

btw, me sis not bro

Opps, sorry about that sis. Actually i do have all the bank records, name and address of the supposed "seller" cos i sent the money over through telegraphic transfer. Jus that im not sure if its useful since the transaction is international and the seller is based in the US.

Hi alloy,

Looks like you have to contatc the FBI by end of this week:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

It is the only address that may be able to help you. Luckily you have the persons bank particulars as this is very likely to be of the person that scammed you.

Hong Sien

Hmmmmm i think thats the only way liao
    Hope this will help me in a way.

Anyway thank u so much for ur help

Good luck with the FBI site, but I have to say that of all the places I reported my fraud to, that was the *least* helpful and responsive of the lot. Not even a peep heard out of them, apart from this stock email:

*** Please do not contact the IFCC to ascertain the status of your complaint. We cannot respond to these inquires. ***
    The IFCC receives thousands of complaints monthly and does not have the resources to respond to these inquiries. It is the IFCC's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.

What all that means, of course, is that they're not going to care. The long arm of the law is a lazy, callous one.

The above experience doesn't sound positive, but guess you have not much choice.
    Here are some other sites, look at them and see if there is anything you could use, just try everyting possible and hope for the best.

http://www.econsumer.gov/

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/onlineshopping/

Good luck!

Let us know here if there is anything coming out of these........

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 14th May 2003 at 12:49 AM.

Hey sis and bros guess wat, u may not believe it but it did happen..............

I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK

Seems like the money hadnt been cashed out from the seller's accout even after 10 days and the money had been fully recovered minus some admin fee. Total loss about 100 bucks. But i think thats a small sum to pay jus to get back USD$1000+.
    We told the bank wat had happened last tuesday and asked them to help check the receiver's account status and recover the money back immediately if it hadnt been cashed out. And all that happens after the money had been sent into the account for more than 10 days.

Really damn happy. The feeling of finding wat had been thought to be lost initially is really indescribable

yeah !!! really well done

very glad that you recover main bulk

Happy for U....

Thanks guys.

Jus felt like sharing this good news to u guys and also at the same time this bad experience and hope whoever wanna buy things online in other countries be really careful.

I personally have had a number of bad experiences of ebay and yahoo sg, and have listed mine in a blacklist at my site to let other buyers know.

http://machinemess.singaporeanimenew...num=1025001817

It's good that you got your money back... I've lost around $250+ myself in the past year.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast