Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: taking up photography to take snapshots?

Default Re: taking up photography to take snapshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    photography is all abt well exposed pictures

Lens
    hmmm.... i hope you are just kidding. there's a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Seriously I tink it was really some very good pics..

Maybe i am a noob photographer.

I can never get equal and correct exposure here and there for a night shot
    not to be a cold blanket, whether or not the photographer of that thread is reading this or not. there is a lack of general appeal in his pictures with some fundamental errors. it is not a matter of style, as each style still has its merits to go with each one.

taking into the consideration of the time and lighting of that situation, he has achieved appropriate exposure for that lighting and have appropriate focusing, but we hope something more than that.

Arrow Re: taking up photography to take snapshots?

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    never ends....hehe

It's NEVER about the tools, it about the one who using it.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
    Amateurs practics till they get the "right tool". Professionals practice till their pocket very "strong"
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

First, you said: "a bit underexposed here and there

compositions and horizons need work too, there is perpetual tilt to the left, very apparent in pic 2
    "

Then he said: "the london eye pix on the right side caused by lamp post light flare even with the hood attached, can't be help. All the shots taken with kit lens at wide angle with lens distortion, limited angle shot, only can be experience at the spot.

only words added, no other PP

would like to hear more of your underexposed thought (friendly icon)
    "

Then you said: "ahahaha you put up pictures for xmm to go

"Wa! sugoi! nice! kawaii nex?"

if you notice, i did not even mention the flare, i have no idea what you're talking about

kit lens at wide angle with lens distortion, doesn't matter, the horizon is tilted anyways

in any case, i don't think proper constructive critique that i gave warrants an "underexposed thought" comment, you do not merely disappoint with your pictures, but with your attitude as well
    "

Nightmare bro, it is very clear that you were the one who got charged up first. He had replied in goodwill. You should apologize to him.

i also think he meant no ill feelings when posting first reply. only thing is that he does not answer to your points at all, maybe he is a little thick or he dun understand some fundamentals of photography, but i dun think he has ill intentions.

Words, words, words. Its all because all of us are unique individuals and language is just a medium of communication. And words can be interpreted the way WE want to interpret.

In this case, I think both the individuals got charged up for no reason.

Hey, I suppose both of you are in London (and probably know each other too). Why don't you go to the nearest pub or cafe and chill out ?

As to the original question that night86mare had posted - we all think we take wonderful photographs. The mere fact that someone posts his/her work is that he/she thinks that its fantastic work in his/her opinion. In that case, who wants to hear critique ? Moreover, in the corporate world (as someone rightly pointed out) we go to great lengths to learn how to provide effective feedback. No one is gonna like if he/she or his/her work is criticized. It has to 'sugar coated' otherwise all hell would break loose at work.

Of course, the principles that apply at work needn't necessarily apply in an internet forum. But we are here to live and let live. If you feel like providing critique, I suppose we should do it with diplomacy. And if you don't like the feedback, just ignore it. Thank the person who provided the critique and move on.

A lot of times I don't understand the critique either. But then I am a slow learner lah

That's my 2 cents worth.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    First, you said: "a bit underexposed here and there

compositions and horizons need work too, there is perpetual tilt to the left, very apparent in pic 2
    "

Then he said: "the london eye pix on the right side caused by lamp post light flare even with the hood attached, can't be help. All the shots taken with kit lens at wide angle with lens distortion, limited angle shot, only can be experience at the spot.

only words added, no other PP

would like to hear more of your underexposed thought (friendly icon)
    "
    i'm focusing on the broad issue here, i have no idea why you would like to drag the particular incident in, or why most people are doing it either, i am not here to attribute any blame

if i really cared, i would have pmed him or something - if anything the last reply from him on the thread was very shocking, some gibberish about how landscapes and travel is to share our beautiful surroundings which i don't quite understand in the context of the discussion

but since you have chosen this course, let me explain my reaction, i did read his reply a few times and decided for myself that it was not a friendly reply, contrary to popular belief. maybe my english is not so good, but in any case, i noted that:

1) i didn't mention ANYTHING about flare, why did he bring it in? overdone defensiveness is common to people who cannot take critique

2) he mentioned about distortion and using kit lens and not having pp - what does this have to do with exposure, composition OR tilt?

so maybe it was a misunderstanding with regards to the "underexposed" comment, i have no idea how anyone could ever elaborate on underexposure, if it is underexposed, it's underexposed. unless maybe his monitor is not calibrated

in any case, i hope i have explained my actions, and i will not apologise. at times i have apologised when there is clear evidence that i have wrongly judged/accused someone - but i am not convinced this time, so please - do not expect me to apologise especially when there is a showing of poor attitude and the ts himself does not bother to clarify things

i guess the thread has carried on long enough, i have done what i wanted to do - express my viewpoint and hoped that this would at least, help something. but like i always say, i can only control my own actions, not others. i guess we all have to understand that sooner or later

thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Words, words, words. Its all because all of us are unique individuals and language is just a medium of communication. And words can be interpreted the way WE want to interpret.

In this case, I think both the individuals got charged up for no reason.

Hey, I suppose both of you are in London (and probably know each other too). Why don't you go to the nearest pub or cafe and chill out ?

As to the original question that night86mare had posted - we all think we take wonderful photographs. The mere fact that someone posts his/her work is that he/she thinks that its fantastic work in his/her opinion. In that case, who wants to hear critique ? Moreover, in the corporate world (as someone rightly pointed out) we go to great lengths to learn how to provide effective feedback. No one is gonna like if he/she or his/her work is criticized. It has to 'sugar coated' otherwise all hell would break loose at work.

Of course, the principles that apply at work needn't necessarily apply in an internet forum. But we are here to live and let live. If you feel like providing critique, I suppose we should do it with diplomacy. And if you don't like the feedback, just ignore it. Thank the person who provided the critique and move on.

A lot of times I don't understand the critique either. But then I am a slow learner lah

That's my 2 cents worth.
    hahaha i get what you mean dude

if only people thought that way, however

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345