Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Con? 4D/3N HOTEL & FLIGHT PACKAGE FOR 2 ADULTS FREE!!!

Default Re: A Con? 4D/3N HOTEL & FLIGHT PACKAGE FOR 2 ADULTS FREE!!!

"Reservations are confirmed strictly by appointment only and through this official letter. The
    preview will last approximately ninety minutes. Please be reminded that all mobile phones and
    pagers are to be switched off during the event and we sincerely apologize for inadequate child care facilities for children below two years old."

This sounds way dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    BTW,

I had a close friend who attended this kind of talk as the free gift was a $200 taka voucher. She attended for 90 minutes I think and she got her voucher without spending a single cent, just 90 minutes.

Not that I will go but come of them actually has real free gifts. But that was organised by citibank or something so it was really a reputable company.
    Lucky one. As said earlier, no free lunch!

The free holiday thingee is very likely some investment or timeshare selling session. Maybe you will fare better as you have an idea of what is happening before you go there. Many have gone and been pressured to the point they just sign anything to get out of there. From what I heard, it is so hardsell to the point the sales people can even shout and raise their voices at you. Strange but some people acually sign up after all the abuse..... Also there are those that claim they wont fall for it but end up signing up too after the meeting.

As some have said, there is no free lunch in this world, if you have never entered a contest? How can you win a prize right? Common sense I believe.

Blog Entries

most company try to make profits
    as they have lots of overhead to pay

since they are trying to give you something to attend the "talk"
    they must be trying to sell you something that has a real BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
    profit.

think about it.

if you gian the "prize" then go but don't bring NRIC, credit card,
    bandage your right hand and don't sign anything except for the prize

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    most company try to make profits
    as they have lots of overhead to pay

since they are trying to give you something to attend the "talk"
    they must be trying to sell you something that has a real BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
    profit.

think about it.

if you gian the "prize" then go but don't bring NRIC, credit card,
    bandage your right hand and don't sign anything except for the prize

LOL

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

i have friends who were called up before for similar reasons. i think a couple of them actually went, but ended up empty handed. cos they refused to sign anything, or come up with money 1st. my take on this is it's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    You will lose 90 minutes of your life that you will never, ever be able to recover back. And be forewarned, no matter how determined you think you are, these timeshare/MLM/pyramid people can be very convincing (sometimes aggressive). I've been involved in this kind of racket before, and thankfully I bailed out before I got seriously burned. I've seen them work, and they really do know how to pre-empt every conceivable question you could throw at them.

Seriously, don't go at all. Even when top names like M*rriot Hotel group call me up, I just tell them nicely that I would like to donate my "prize" to the next person.

And once again: If there ever was such thing as a free lunch, then this world would have no more hungry people liao.
    Been there b4 ... stonewalled them ... they tackle every stroke using a pre-planned counter-stroke (remember, they have been at it for a long time and heard everything under the sun liao, for you, probably first time, at most couple more times) ... I remember 笑傲江湖 - 独孤九剑 ... I refused to commit to why I dun 1 2 sign up (以无招胜有招) ... without a reason to rebuff, they got nothing to attack, nothing to offer, nothing to convince ...

finally they gave up ...
    Last edited by paradigm; 2nd October 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12