Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Aviation Photography

  1. #1

    Default Aviation Photography

    I saw photos from Airliners.net and am fascinated by the photos of airplanes.

    Is there any group here that does aviation photography? Or are there people in this group who do aviation photography? Any tips of a good place to shoot?

    Thanks...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Upper Thomson, Singapore
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Some of us do.. I'm sure there'll be more replies soon :-)

    Best place atm.. Changi Beach?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    My 2 year old son loves that web site! Haha.....when he grows up and has his own camera I will give you guys his contact. I'm sure he would love camping out along the runway for plane shots!
    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    must train your son....haha....

    changi airport is so far away from me....i was thinking if i can shoot military planes somewhere near tengah airbase? trying to camp out during the holidays.....wonder if the ISD will detain me....


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Runway 02
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by fbespeleta View Post
    I saw photos from Airliners.net and am fascinated by the photos of airplanes.

    Is there any group here that does aviation photography? Or are there people in this group who do aviation photography? Any tips of a good place to shoot?

    Thanks...
    There isn't any group per se but you can find individuals shooting along Changi beach or SAFRA NSRCC, location depends on the inbound schedules. Im more or a military enthusiast so i visit LIMA airshows(once every 2yrs for shoot)...anyway i've to skip this year due my newborn

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Runway 02
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by jiaklormee View Post
    must train your son....haha....

    changi airport is so far away from me....i was thinking if i can shoot military planes somewhere near tengah airbase? trying to camp out during the holidays.....wonder if the ISD will detain me....

    Don't try 'snooping' around TAB

  7. #7

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    i think there's some kinda aircraft museum next to paya lebar airbase. u-turn only reach liao... else can always take next year during the singapore airshow.

    trying to take pictures near any base in singapore is a big
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Yes that is the Air Force Museum.

    There's a theatre over there you can go to watch some videos and a small gift shop.

    I'm not so sure if the S211 is still there though.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

  9. #9

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Hi,

    I'm new to photography and i like fighter jets.. can anyone recommend a camera and the lens for shooting fast moving planes?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Runway 02
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by tatsit View Post
    Hi,

    I'm new to photography and i like fighter jets.. can anyone recommend a camera and the lens for shooting fast moving planes?

    Thanks
    Hi, i first started with a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with pretty decent results. Fast moving? Depends on subject matter...a helicopter in hovering position, or a C-130 with feathering props, looks noticeably different from say a F-16 doing a bomb burst.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Hi, i first started with a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with pretty decent results. Fast moving? Depends on subject matter...a helicopter in hovering position, or a C-130 with feathering props, looks noticeably different from say a F-16 doing a bomb burst.
    Fast moving as in F-16s doing bomb burst or other aerobics. I'm planning to get one decent camera from sitex and use it for next year's Singapore Airshow 2008

  12. #12

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by tatsit View Post
    Fast moving as in F-16s doing bomb burst or other aerobics. I'm planning to get one decent camera from sitex and use it for next year's Singapore Airshow 2008
    the camera is just part of the equation.
    The lens is just as, if not more important!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    well... this period is quite a good timing to take our black knights doing their practices...

    i normally take aviation photos... just be careful and sentitive to your surroundings when taking photos... do not want to have the ISA come knocking on your doors...

    there are some good spots depending on which type of planes one is interested in...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by jiaklormee View Post
    must train your son....haha....

    changi airport is so far away from me....i was thinking if i can shoot military planes somewhere near tengah airbase? trying to camp out during the holidays.....wonder if the ISD will detain me....

    well... better try not to... i used to do that but that was before the 911... now, have to be careful... remember the case where the ISA went to the house of a photographer and he was arrested for only taking photo of a road of the place where US military personnels are?...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    something to share...


  16. #16

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    the camera is just part of the equation.
    The lens is just as, if not more important!
    just read around the forum and noticed that the lens are more important. so i plan to make use of sitex to get a set of camera which comes with lens and its good for shooting fast jets

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    A set of camera that comes with lens? You mean kit lens?
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

  18. #18

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    A set of camera that comes with lens? You mean kit lens?
    yeah.. are the kit lens good enough?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    A set of camera that comes with lens? You mean kit lens?
    yeah.. are the kit lens good enough?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Aviation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    A set of camera that comes with lens? You mean kit lens?
    yeah.. are the kit lens good enough?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •