Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules for candid photography

Default Re: Rules for candid photography

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Brings to mind, those kids at Bugis Junction... people just snap away at them... candid or not... heck, I shot quite a few there too.

And some of the kids aren't exactly wearing much when they are playing with water, so is tat a sensitive issue there?

I believe it's more of an issue of parental objections to others like how the photos are used.
    i also shoot the kids in Vivo. damn they look cute and super funny.
    Member of the earth

And some of the kids aren't exactly wearing much when they are playing with water, so is tat a sensitive issue there?
    I heard that in Western countries you CAN get into trouble for taking pics of kids. That's because people are rather paranoid of pedophiles. I'm not saying that you guys are... it's just a different mindset in the west.

But personally if I were a parent I would feel uneasy if a stranger took photos of my kids... maybe I'm just paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by p7m13 View Post
    I heard that in Western countries you CAN get into trouble for taking pics of kids. That's because people are rather paranoid of pedophiles. I'm not saying that you guys are... it's just a different mindset in the west.

But personally if I were a parent I would feel uneasy if a stranger took photos of my kids... maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Tat's the issue I'm trying to talk about... but in the first place, the parents are the ones who allows these kids to run around in a shopping centre's fountain like tat....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Tat's the issue I'm trying to talk about... but in the first place, the parents are the ones who allows these kids to run around in a shopping centre's fountain like tat....
    I guess you could always ask the parents if they mind if you took pics of their kids first before you start snapping away.

you can tell if the parents are uneasy. not hide or run away. shoot, if they dun like delete the shots and move on. Western country, only ppl with a "certain past record" are not alwayed to take pic or have pic of small children.
    Member of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by p7m13 View Post
    I guess you could always ask the parents if they mind if you took pics of their kids first before you start snapping away.
    I would love to, except I can't be sure on who the parents are until I have shot them and waited until the kids are tired and cold before they would normally run back to their parents... hhahahh
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

haha. kids are kids, let there be fun. they are the best source for candid. because you never know next time you see them, they are behind your camera!

I guess using a long zoom lens does help. You'll get away without people noticing. Of course, photos are for your own viewing pleasure and not for commercial gain.
    5DMKIiI|24-105f4L|50f1.4|70-200f2.8L|400f5.6L
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymond101/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12