Thread: Nokia customer service sucks :thumbsdown:

Default Nokia customer service sucks :thumbsdown:

I think Nokia has lost the plot. From a leader, they've simply lost their way. The phones are pathetic, the user interface sucks, performance sucks and their customer service is one of the worst that I've encountered in recent times. Was at Suntec this afternoon to get my phone checked and they've got this wonderful system of filtering out customers right at the entrance. Damn pissed Wasted 15 minutes standing in the queue. And the girl there asked me to leave my phone for couple of days during which the technician will check what's wrong with it and call me back. Call me back ? I only have one phone leh.

I can't wait to lay my hands on the iPhone. Played with it yesterday and I am hooked. Steve Jobbs made a big mistake by launching the iPhone in the US. He should've launced it in Asia first and killed all the competition with one stroke.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Re: Nokia customer service sucks :thumbsdown:

i disagree on the user interface.
    i wont say it's the best, but it's one of the tops.

however, i fully agree on the service center sucksup service.

jeanie,
    the older generation Nokias were the best. the UI was really intuitive. i've never read the user manuals. never felt the need.

the models from N70 onwards really messed it up. i had my favourite gripes documented somewhere immediately after i bought the n70.

even simple things like not being able to change the language when typing a message is enough to piss me off. first of all, i need to select the default language in some obscure menu hidden deep inside a web. and if i set it to english there, i can't select chinese when i start typing my sms. in the contacts, there is no "name and number" view. so many keystrokes to get what you want. no way. i still stand by my statement that the UI sucks.

i am pretty certain you would've played with an iPhone by now. you will not be disappointed with it. that much i can promise.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Not too sure abt the iphone since i have never played with one (but i bet it'll be sweet! ) but i fully agree abt Nokia losing its edge in terms of design, functionality and even ease of use.

I have moved on to Samsung, Sony Ericcson and even Dopod and although there are no perfect system, I do agree that Nokia has lagged far far behind in terms of customer satisfaction. From anecdotes shared by friends, acquaintances and even fellow forum members, it would seem like Nokia is in dire need to address & manage the expections of their users and consumers at large....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    jeanie,
    the older generation Nokias were the best. the UI was really intuitive. i've never read the user manuals. never felt the need.

the models from N70 onwards really messed it up. i had my favourite gripes documented somewhere immediately after i bought the n70.

even simple things like not being able to change the language when typing a message is enough to piss me off. first of all, i need to select the default language in some obscure menu hidden deep inside a web. and if i set it to english there, i can't select chinese when i start typing my sms. in the contacts, there is no "name and number" view. so many keystrokes to get what you want. no way. i still stand by my statement that the UI sucks.

i am pretty certain you would've played with an iPhone by now. you will not be disappointed with it. that much i can promise.

i have now about 15 handphones, majority are nokia.
    maybe i started off with nokia, hence, i'm very used to nokia.
    i guess to each his/her own.my friends curse samsung and told me even if the world only produce samsung also dont bother buying it

i didnt play with iphone but i will surely buy one when it land on our shores.
    i nearly asked my brother to get one but was told cant use in sgp.so what's the point?

oh well, nowadays, i go for the simplest lagfree phone.i've come to realised, the more functions, the more laggy.
    no lag=basic phone.no camera, no mp3 player.
    if you want to take pics, use your dslr.if you want to listen to music, bring your ipod.

yea basically the less functions a phone has,the less problems you'll encounter

ha ha. Once a nokia customer, always a nokia customer. that's what i used to tell my friends too. even those 'brick' phones with green screens had better interface and faster response than the present day n70s and the likes.

I too switched to Siemens once and within a week I went back to Nokia.

my friend tried to convince me to get a sony ericsson, but i refused and got the n70 because i wanted to stick to nokia and didn't want to learn a new UI. but, i found that the entire UI was messed up and i thought i should've listened to advice and got a sony instead.

btw, did anyone pick up Apple's stock when it was 5 bucks ? That's worth around 600 bucks now.

anyways, this thread was to vent out my frustration at Nokia's customer service and their nonchalant attitude. i hope nokia goes down the drain once iPhone reaches our shores.

PS : I am not promoting hacking, but there are quite a few hacked iPhones in circulation. Its become a BIG market now. That's what I meant when I said Steve Jobbs made a mistake by not launching in Asia first.

N70 was a good phone for me, minus the lousy phonebook management and the sluggish OS that responds very slowly when executing.

Also, hate the layout of the options, have to dig and dig and trial and error to find the option that you really want. Very hard to customise to my use. I used the N70 purely for calling, smsing. That's about it. It served no other purpose to me.

Dumped it 3 weeks ago and got a PDA phone. Was a great jump, having been with Nokia for >8 years. Basically none of the new phones fascinate me no more, and I'm very wary of sluggish symbian OSes. The design has gotten repetitive and boring over time also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Not too sure abt the iphone since i have never played with one (but i bet it'll be sweet! ) but i fully agree abt Nokia losing its edge in terms of design, functionality and even ease of use.

I have moved on to Samsung, Sony Ericcson and even Dopod and although there are no perfect system, I do agree that Nokia has lagged far far behind in terms of customer satisfaction. From anecdotes shared by friends, acquaintances and even fellow forum members, it would seem like Nokia is in dire need to address & manage the expections of their users and consumers at large....

WG,
    You will love the iPhone. I can't imagine anyone not liking it.
    I used to joke with my friends that with the plethora of gadgets that involve using our thumbs (all these remote controllers, games like PS2, mobile phones etc.), our next generation will be called "Humans with highly evolved Thumbs".

I suppose with the iPhone, I will be proven wrong.
    Our fingers will learn to tap dance

i loved my Nokia 5140 last time, very good build and simple and fast
    but the N series is super slow.
    i changed to SE and regret, the build is very lousy.

i thought iPhone is out in SG already? my friend's using it now. $999 or something like that...is that cheap?
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    i thought iPhone is out in SG already? my friend's using it now. $999 or something like that...is that cheap?
    that's probably a hacked phone
    yeah, there a few in circulation. the disadvantage with those phones would be that you won't be able to update the patches that Apple will release from time to time. what i read on saturday was that Apple had already released a patch that would disable the hack. i guess its not worth getting a hacked phone lah. just have patience and wait for the legal one to come to Singapore.

that's probably a hacked phone
    yeah, there a few in circulation. the disadvantage with those phones would be that you won't be able to update the patches that Apple will release from time to time. what i read on saturday was that Apple had already released a patch that would disable the hack. i guess its not worth getting a hacked phone lah. just have patience and wait for the legal one to come to Singapore.
    yah dun be impatient and buy expensive like those complaining abt the drop in iphone and get steve jobs to give a discount voucher ..

heard next iphone will be 3g

I think Nokia has lost the plot. From a leader, they've simply lost their way. The phones are pathetic, the user interface sucks, performance sucks and their customer service is one of the worst that I've encountered in recent times. Was at Suntec this afternoon to get my phone checked and they've got this wonderful system of filtering out customers right at the entrance. Damn pissed Wasted 15 minutes standing in the queue. And the girl there asked me to leave my phone for couple of days during which the technician will check what's wrong with it and call me back. Call me back ? I only have one phone leh.

I can't wait to lay my hands on the iPhone. Played with it yesterday and I am hooked. Steve Jobbs made a big mistake by launching the iPhone in the US. He should've launced it in Asia first and killed all the competition with one stroke.
    wahahahah.. my last nokia phone was the 8310.. after that.. it's say NO to NOkia...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

I gave up nokia a year back. Last nokia was a 6230. Now using SE and i'm not missing nokia! Everytime I look at the queues at their care center, I laugh.