Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbies, and no proper camera yet!

Default Re: Newbies, and no proper camera yet!

Quote Originally Posted by km1980 View Post
    Hey what's that L virus? I'm curious, can elaborate more?
    a gd dosage of L @ http://www.the-digital-picture.com/C...ns-Series.aspx

Yeah, checking it out soon...
    Ya, I want a different experience! Thanks!
    Anyway, there are no "proper cameras", you just have to maximise whatever you have. A dSLR will give you a different experience - strained neck, aching shoulders, squinted eyes, B&S palpitations and make a David Copperfield act out of your bank account!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

the dark side is calling... can u resist the temptation?

well, actually i'm getting a 2nd hand DSLR too (dealing tmr in fact!).. after shooting on prosumer for the last 2 yrs or so.. well.. like wat others have said, the money spent, the strained neck, aching shoulders n hands/wrists, etc.

but i've been shooting on DSLRs (borrowed from close frens n also my current workplace), i'll say it's definitely worth it for me, as i can see myself travelling down this path.. if u're sure u'll be involved in photography for a long time, then go for the dslr. if not, get a prosumer instead cos at the end of the day u usually wun lose as much money, and ur prosumer can do wonders even as a hobbyist.

juz my 2 cents

Heard like the Canon "L" lenses are like the "LUXURY" model. Luxury = $$$$$$$ = Really good image quality

warning... the bbb fever will come to you very soon once u bought ur camera.

Buying 2nd hand DSLR here is GOOD. Get a better deal than anywhere else and quality and honest sellers who takes care of the item.

Quote Originally Posted by p7m13 View Post
    Heard like the Canon "L" lenses are like the "LUXURY" model. Luxury = $$$$$$$ = Really good image quality
    yup yup.. L for luxury.. and leow lui.. haha..

I love taking photos but I can only take pictures using my camera phone. I know it doesn't sound professional for using camera phone but that's the only way I can do now to satisfy my photography addiction
    Don't worry. Just because you are taking photos with your phone does not make you any less professional than those who take crap with their professional grade stuff.

hi, i got a d80 jan this year but i have come to find out the drawbacks of a dslr too.

- dust on sensors : this is something you wont have on a pns. you can send it to the service centre to clean it but ultimately, you may need to learn how to clean it yourself or resign yourself to the fact that dslr is not foolproof against the common dust, and that is even if you own only 1 lens, and dont change lens.

- bulky and heavy : unlike your pns or handphone cam, this is not something you would carry around with you every day. to bring it, you probably need to make a conscious will and effort to pack it in a camera bag with the accessories you would require before you move out. and since it is expensive, you always tend to be very careful with the cam and the lens while outdoors and you only breathe a sigh of relief when you finally bring it back home and put it into the drybox, haha.

- using the viewfinder instead of the lcd for photo taking, no video capture, etc. these are just some of the things you would have to adjust too if you previously owned a pns.

overall, i think it is worth the transition. not because it is a classic piece of technology, or something to show off, but because it delivers and can hold its own very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yew Fai View Post
    hi, i got a d80 jan this year but i have come to find out the drawbacks of a dslr too.

- dust on sensors : this is something you wont have on a pns. you can send it to the service centre to clean it but ultimately, you may need to learn how to clean it yourself or resign yourself to the fact that dslr is not foolproof against the common dust, and that is even if you own only 1 lens, and dont change lens.

- bulky and heavy : unlike your pns or handphone cam, this is not something you would carry around with you every day. to bring it, you probably need to make a conscious will and effort to pack it in a camera bag with the accessories you would require before you move out. and since it is expensive, you always tend to be very careful with the cam and the lens while outdoors and you only breathe a sigh of relief when you finally bring it back home and put it into the drybox, haha.

- using the viewfinder instead of the lcd for photo taking, no video capture, etc. these are just some of the things you would have to adjust too if you previously owned a pns.

overall, i think it is worth the transition. not because it is a classic piece of technology, or something to show off, but because it delivers and can hold its own very well.
    girlfriends will say, WOW.. your camera so big.. aiyo, too heavy for me.. haha =D

After taking photos on the DSLR and looking at the image quality.
    I've taken a new opinion on PnS. They are just not as good visually, although some come close

Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    girlfriends will say, WOW.. your camera so big.. aiyo, too heavy for me.. haha =D
    mine tells me, WOW.. your canon so big..
    Canon EF prime, macro & L lenses on EOS30D

They might think you're "compensating" for something... Like the guys driving the "big" cars or flashing their "big" wallets...

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    They might think you're "compensating" for something... Like the guys driving the "big" cars or flashing their "big" wallets...
    n burning heaps of cash to fund the equipment.. haha..

my girlfriend won't say that.. she will use it instead... she's into photography as well...

look on the bright side: easier to get funds for upgrading next time...

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    my girlfriend won't say that.. she will use it instead... she's into photography as well...
    Consider yourself lucky! Probably many of us have partners who would burrow their eyebrows if we mention any cameras or lenses! They don't understand why lug a bag full of tools when a tiny PnS suffice!

...and don't even start on noise, resolution and colours!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

less than $800 for almost new Canon 400D. what more you want? it is quite a nice camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post

tts' better, she can agree and even sponsor for the upgrade of equipment as well. haha....=D

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Consider yourself lucky! Probably many of us have partners who would burrow their eyebrows if we mention any cameras or lenses! They don't understand why lug a bag full of tools when a tiny PnS suffice!

...and don't even start on noise, resolution and colours!
    they can spend on thousands dollars animal skin bags and cosmetics.. but camera equipment for thousands is too much for them.. =D

Yeah, thanks for the replies and advises. Just got the 400D. It's great. A whole new experience using the viewfinder instead of the usual LCD, but it's nice, and great. Still learning.

GF at first not happy when I purchased the 400D. But later on she still feeling good cos I'm taking a decent hobby. LOL.

Yeah, thanks for the replies and advises. Just got the 400D. It's great. A whole new experience using the viewfinder instead of the usual LCD, but it's nice, and great. Still learning.

GF at first not happy when I purchased the 400D. But later on she still feeling good cos I'm taking a decent hobby. LOL.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    decent hobby: haha, dont let her see your "hot" CS galleries then...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast