Thread: how to go Lower Pierce Reservoir ?

Talking how to go Lower Pierce Reservoir ?

how to reach the place by bus and foot ? thanks !

Default Re: how to go Lower Pierce Reservoir ?

Take bus and alight at the Caltex Petrol station along Upper Thomson Road. Walk along the small road to the reach Lower Pierce Reservoir.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

go ang mo kio station can take bus
    can't remember what number, but reaches upperthomson road or lower thomson road
    then very easy to walk in already

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    go ang mo kio station can take bus
    can't remember what number, but reaches upperthomson road or lower thomson road
    then very easy to walk in already
    I think bus 138. The one goes to the Zoo.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    138 does not stop at the entrance of lower pierce. it stops at the other end (the Casuarina roti prata place) where you need to track for about 15 mins to reach lower pierce.

take 169 (i think) from AMK hub. as the bus turns right into Upp Thomson road, alight at the second bus stop (just after the petrol stations). then walk towards Caltex. the entrance to lower pierce is behind Caltex.

Hi All,

Is Lower Pierce Reservoir ok for female to go alone to take macro shoots? Sorry just my concern As all of us knew when we are "too into" our shooting object, we will not really notice what happening around us.
    D90[+]Nikon 105mm & SB400
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by JC1808 View Post
    Hi All,

Is Lower Pierce Reservoir ok for female to go alone to take macro shoots? Sorry just my concern As all of us knew when we are "too into" our shooting object, we will not really notice what happening around us.
    please do not take such risks, just start a thread in the Gatherings and Outings section, i am sure others will be glad to keep you company. stay safe. in an unlikely event a snake or scorpion stings you, you may need a helping hand.

there are scorpions there.

138 does not...
    It goes from Yio Chu Kang Rd to Upper Thomson away from Lower Pierce.

169, 163, 855, 167 stop outside the Caltex or the Prata place.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

maybe not snakes but i spotted more than 1 scorpion there. as for snakes, maybe if "lucky"?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 7th December 2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: text edit

Deleted the prev lines , thought it's the one near my house.

Lower pierce yep, 169, 167 etc mentioned, goes there, even 138 (alight at the cross junction), when you see the teachers estate. Used to jog there a lot, running into the forests, jumping down bridges, etc.

You'd prob won't be able to find the place if you're not familiar, but you can try. You can find snakes, spiders, fishes, iguanas, monkeys, squirrels (a lot), etc. Pretty isolated, not recommended for single females.

Hi All,

The park itself is still OK, but is very quiet compared to the urban parks. As for the forest trails I wouldn't suggest going alone. Just in case anything happens - it can be something as unexpected as getting injured (falling/banging into something), and if you're by yourself when something like that happens, it can be inconvenient at best, fatal at worst. As sore-eyez mentioned, you will need help in event of anything.

Also, don't worry too much about snakes, spiders or scorpions since these usually avoid people, but make sure you wear proper shoes. Just keep a lookout and watch where you walk. I have to take this chance to emphasize that the danger posed by bees and wasps (especially hornets) in these areas is far greater than that posed by snakes or scorpions at any time. Stay clear of any hanging object, and if you see bees or wasps flying in numbers in and out of any tree or crevice, maintain a distance of at least 3m. In any case, even in the forest trail, you'll be pretty safe if you stick to the main path.

Try using this website:

www.gothere.sg
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    maybe not snakes but i spotted more than 1 scorpion there. as for snakes, maybe if "lucky"?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445406

my 1st time there taking photos saw 2 snakes already

oriental whip snake only, venom harmless to humans.

I think if you keep to the board walk you should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    please do not take such risks, just start a thread in the Gatherings and Outings section, i am sure others will be glad to keep you company. stay safe. in an unlikely event a snake or scorpion stings you, you may need a helping hand.

there are scorpions there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    Deleted the prev lines , thought it's the one near my house.

Lower pierce yep, 169, 167 etc mentioned, goes there, even 138 (alight at the cross junction), when you see the teachers estate. Used to jog there a lot, running into the forests, jumping down bridges, etc.

You'd prob won't be able to find the place if you're not familiar, but you can try. You can find snakes, spiders, fishes, iguanas, monkeys, squirrels (a lot), etc. Pretty isolated, not recommended for single females.
    Quote Originally Posted by vespa_bicolor View Post
    The park itself is still OK, but is very quiet compared to the urban parks. As for the forest trails I wouldn't suggest going alone. Just in case anything happens - it can be something as unexpected as getting injured (falling/banging into something), and if you're by yourself when something like that happens, it can be inconvenient at best, fatal at worst. As sore-eyez mentioned, you will need help in event of anything.

Also, don't worry too much about snakes, spiders or scorpions since these usually avoid people, but make sure you wear proper shoes. Just keep a lookout and watch where you walk. I have to take this chance to emphasize that the danger posed by bees and wasps (especially hornets) in these areas is far greater than that posed by snakes or scorpions at any time. Stay clear of any hanging object, and if you see bees or wasps flying in numbers in and out of any tree or crevice, maintain a distance of at least 3m. In any case, even in the forest trail, you'll be pretty safe if you stick to the main path.

Hi sORe-EyEz, dennisc &vespa,

Thanks for all your concern and feedback

At least now I know is better to go with a group to such a Isolated place then rather go alone.

Hi sORe-EyEz, dennisc &vespa,

Thanks for all your concern and feedback

At least now I know is better to go with a group to such a Isolated place then rather go alone.
    u r welcome.

its a photography trip, not military recce trip. even guys should not go there alone at night, not just gals. there is safety in numbers in this case, more so with mobile phones.

vince123123
    Guests

The plaec is quite open and if you stick to the main areas, there should be quite a good no. of people around.

Just don't go at night or in the dark where visibility is poor. Or bring a friend!

Hi All,