Thread: Passport photo

Default Passport photo

Greetings !!

I made passport photos with dimesion 35mm by 45mm and when I print it using my printer, the size is correct but when I printed it at the digital photo printing kiosk, the size seems to be bigger by 1mm, both on the length and breadth. Does anyone know why it expands and what I should do t get the right dimension ?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you and have nice day.

Default Re: Passport photo

Quote Originally Posted by singdude View Post
    when I printed it at the digital photo printing kiosk, the size seems to be bigger by 1mm, both on the length and breadth. Does anyone know why it expands and what I should do t get the right dimension ?
    To allow for tolerances in the paper feed without causing white borders on the prints, pictures are slightly enlarged so the "bleed" over the page/sheet. The resulting prints are always slightly cropped. You could ask your lab operator if s/he can disable this feature, or if s/he can specify exactly how much the images are enlarged for a given paper size. Or you could just estimate how much you have to correct for this and hope that it's the same next time.

Smile Re: Passport photo

your photos for passport application purposes? if yes, apply online and send them a soft copy.

Default Re: Passport photo

Thank you guys for your suggestions and also offering of help. I have sorted out the problem