Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Flash

Default Re: Help with Flash

Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Dunno how to describe those hard plastics... but they can be found in the art section where they sell papers and boards in sheets... and you can find them in different colors as well. the sheets of this plastic material is constructed like cardboard boxes but translucent. You can cut a piece and use a piece of tape to hold it over the flash.
    I think i know already. Its the coloured Corrugated cardboard right? The one that school kids always use for projects and stuff?
    Sony DSC-H2....its not the power of the camera, its the vision of the photographer....

Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    a slave flash doesnt need to be connected anywhere right? it can be a standalone unit. Cos it's fired off by yr digi cam's own flash ma..
    So are you saying that the slave flash is triggerred by a sudden burst of light (aka the on board flash)?
    Sony DSC-H2....its not the power of the camera, its the vision of the photographer....

Quote Originally Posted by hairygorillaz View Post
    Can't. Standing further back is not really an option for me as i moved back, but cannot zoom in too much as the lens can't focus.
    Sorry. Can you explain why your lens cannot focus when zoom in ?

Did you see the link I posted ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

So are you saying that the slave flash is triggerred by a sudden burst of light (aka the on board flash)?
    Yes, slave flash can be triggered by another flash. Please take note not many slave flash support re-flash.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

I think i know already. Its the coloured Corrugated cardboard right? The one that school kids always use for projects and stuff?
    Yep... that's the stuff...
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

okie i get the idea.. tried to diffuse the on board flash with tracing paper seems to work fairly well but i will still get the shadow if its too close only other alternative would bouncing the on board flash which i tried but doesn't seem to work well with the diy thing i made or shooting further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12