Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

  1. #1

    Default Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Hot damn, megadeth and black sabbath concert one day after the other.

    I've been huge fans of both bands when i was in my teens..but my tastes changed to progressive rock over the years.

    Nonetheless, I'm still considering going for BOTH concerts

    Anyone confirmed going?

    Z

  2. #2

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Yeah, me and my bro. For both. There was another thread on this somewhere here. I'm more into heavier stuff these days, like black, death, melo-death metal. But i listen to prog rock/metal too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Yeah, me and my bro. For both. There was another thread on this somewhere here. I'm more into heavier stuff these days, like black, death, melo-death metal. But i listen to prog rock/metal too.
    Here is my thread:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...light=megadeth

    Hey got any melo-death metal band to recommend? I dun quite understand the word melo. Better melodies like Iron Maiden?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    It's short for melodic death metal. It's also sometimes to referred to as the "Gothenburg sound" since band of the pioneers of this genre were from there.

    Anyway, some good examples to start with would be: Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, In Flames (stick to stuff from Clayman and before, their newer stuff is more metalcore), Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Wintersun (not much from this band tho).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SG / LDN
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    i'm going for megadeth!

  6. #6
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    It's short for melodic death metal. It's also sometimes to referred to as the "Gothenburg sound" since band of the pioneers of this genre were from there.

    Anyway, some good examples to start with would be: Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, In Flames (stick to stuff from Clayman and before, their newer stuff is more metalcore), Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Wintersun (not much from this band tho).
    Thanks! Heard of CoB and Arch Enemy. Which album will you recommend from them?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Thanks! Heard of CoB and Arch Enemy. Which album will you recommend from them?
    You've asked the right person! I've got all their albums except the latest Arch Enemy one (which I will be ordering from Amazon.com soon).

    Anyway, my picks would be:

    Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
    Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Can bring camera or not?

  9. #9
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    You've asked the right person! I've got all their albums except the latest Arch Enemy one (which I will be ordering from Amazon.com soon).

    Anyway, my picks would be:

    Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
    Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
    Thanks man. I will hunt for it. Hope local stores have them so dun need to order online and wait. Think HMV has them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Can bring camera or not?
    Dun think so but PnS, I think can smuggle in la.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Thanks man. I will hunt for it. Hope local stores have them so dun need to order online and wait. Think HMV has them.
    I've been buying all my Metal CDs from amazon.com. I think by now about 250++ CDs liao. If you bring in around 10 cds at a time, each works out to be around S$28 including shipping and everything. There are shops where you can find this kinda music but it's usually S$32++ each + the range isn't good at all. A lot of stuff also cannot find. *sigh*

  11. #11
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    BTW, Dream Theater fans, they will be back to SG again!

    DATE
    17 January 2008 8pm

    VENUE
    Fort Canning Park

    TICKET PRICE (Excludes $2 Booking Fee)
    S$95

    TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY OCTOBER 8TH AT ALL SISTIC OUTLETS!

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    i be at the Black Sabbath gig............
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

  14. #14
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Guys! Its this weekend!

    Check out today's ST Life section!




  15. #15
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Holy crap! FHM have a $250 deal that includes: VIP entry, 6 cans of beer, finger food, your own FHM girl-host and bath tub!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    The day is finally here!! WOOO!! Can't wait for tonight!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SG / LDN
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    wooho..Megadeth tonite!!!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Megadeth & black sabbath concert

    Megadeth's my fav metal band back then, pity unable to attend this one.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •