Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Bose headphone..pls advice

  1. #1

    Default Bose headphone..pls advice

    Hi all,

    i'll like to get a "lifestyle" headphone for my ipod. Of cos i noe the more expensive one will be better. But for those who have this model, will like to noe what's the big difference between both. I kinda like the design of Bose on-ear headphones. The Bose around-ear headphones looks more like for pilot.

    Cos now i'm in shenzhen... just want to have some peace from those noisy vehicles (which my coy bus horn until zao3 xia1 for abt 2sec). The vehicles just keep horning that u feel like banging ur head on the wall or feel like cutting off ur ears!!

    Thanks for the advice in advance =)

    Bose on-ear headphones (S$250)
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index

    Bose around-ear headphones (S$???)
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    there is one about 600+sgd. that you will prob meet your needs.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    there is one about 600+sgd. that you will prob meet your needs.
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index

    this right?? I do not need a function which has "noise reduction that fades background distractions" I jus need a lifestyle type of headphone that will drown the noise pollution when i'm listening to my songs and music. Budget ard S$300.

    Thanks for ur recommendation anyway =)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    If you dont mind using earhpones that stick into your ear you can look at IEM's FOr $300 you can get pretty decent ones. For headphones if you want active noise cancelling ones there are better offerings from the likes of the ATH-anc7.

    If you dont mins passive cancelation (closed phones) your $300 will give you plenty of choices with Sennheiser(HD200 series, BeyerDynamic(DT231 or 660), AT(A series, M series, ES series) and AKG(k171, 271 k81).
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    You can try Shure SE210 for around $200++

    or Creative Aurvana, which is very good also..
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Why type of music do you listen to?

    Bose products are overpriced.. Better brands would be those from Beyer, Audio Technica, Seinheisser, Grado, and AKG. Which brand you choose would have to depend on your genre of music, and which models you choose would depend on your budget =)

    Go over to sgheadphones.net or head-fi.org for detailed headphone info/recommendations

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    NO Bose for me. It's overpriced like what lypklypk said. I rather go for AKG, Sennheiser or Shure

  8. #8
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    I also thought that Bose are overpriced. I have tested both the active noise cancellation headphones of both Bose and Sennheiser. Both of them offer about the same degree of noise cancellation during my tests, both Bose costs 3 times more than Sennheiser. Just my opinion.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I also thought that Bose are overpriced. I have tested both the active noise cancellation headphones of both Bose and Sennheiser. Both of them offer about the same degree of noise cancellation during my tests, both Bose costs 3 times more than Sennheiser. Just my opinion.
    Hi all,

    thanks for al the info. After doing all the research, i'll still prefer bose. Have decided the on-ear. However, i came across Denon. Compare to Bose on-ear and this Denon, which would u prefer? Why no one mentioned Denon??

    http://www.denon.com.hk/product/cons...ail.php?id=127

  10. #10

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Aprently the D2000 has pretty good reviews as well. Dunno about the price though.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by damienster View Post
    Hi all,

    thanks for al the info. After doing all the research, i'll still prefer bose. Have decided the on-ear. However, i came across Denon. Compare to Bose on-ear and this Denon, which would u prefer? Why no one mentioned Denon??

    http://www.denon.com.hk/product/cons...ail.php?id=127
    Cause Denon are more famous for their cd players and not headphones. Not sure how it sounds though.. just go over to the forum I told you about. You'll get alot more valuable replies than over here.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by damienster View Post
    Hi all,

    i'll like to get a "lifestyle" headphone for my ipod. Of cos i noe the more expensive one will be better. But for those who have this model, will like to noe what's the big difference between both. I kinda like the design of Bose on-ear headphones. The Bose around-ear headphones looks more like for pilot.

    Cos now i'm in shenzhen... just want to have some peace from those noisy vehicles (which my coy bus horn until zao3 xia1 for abt 2sec). The vehicles just keep horning that u feel like banging ur head on the wall or feel like cutting off ur ears!!

    Thanks for the advice in advance =)

    Bose on-ear headphones (S$250)
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index

    Bose around-ear headphones (S$???)
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index
    The most expensive may not be the best, the cheapest may not be the worst.

    I have 3 words for u: TRUST YOUR EARS

  13. #13
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    I am not fussy with headphones but on a longhaul flight watching movies with the provided headset is quite painful to the ears. So, I bought myself a pair of Bang & Olufsen from SQ inflight service. It is a good pair did not dissapoint. Fitted nicely for all ears as it has this adjustable grip, don't know how to explain, but for long use it is quite comfortable.

    http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=46&bhcp=1

    ../azul123

  14. #14

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by damienster View Post
    Hi all,

    thanks for al the info. After doing all the research, i'll still prefer bose. Have decided the on-ear. However, i came across Denon. Compare to Bose on-ear and this Denon, which would u prefer? Why no one mentioned Denon??

    http://www.denon.com.hk/product/cons...ail.php?id=127
    dunno never tried denon earphones before. If you like on-ears, did you try the grados? The brand grado is at least much more respectable than Bose

    but you are buying to shield out noise you should get a pair of in-ears with good isolation. The Bose headphones you linked doesn't seem to have any isolation.... buying headphones with no isolation to drown out external noise is just a recipe to kill your ears.
    Last edited by wind30; 30th September 2007 at 07:06 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    For isolation, you need something from Etymotic Research, Shure, Ultimate Ears or Westone. But some can easily cost more than $250. Entry line starts at about $150.

    These are insert earphones that sit deeper than normal earphones. Their isolation capabilities is very good. When your music starts, surely it will be difficult to hear your coy bus horn and honk.

    It works a bit like ear plugs but is a earphone.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    For isolation, you need something from Etymotic Research, Shure, Ultimate Ears or Westone. But some can easily cost more than $250. Entry line starts at about $150.

    These are insert earphones that sit deeper than normal earphones. Their isolation capabilities is very good. When your music starts, surely it will be difficult to hear your coy bus horn and honk.

    It works a bit like ear plugs but is a earphone.
    I second that. Etymotic Research is a fantastic ear phones but quite ex.

    Bose is over price and quite heavy.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=45

    anybody has this? Read from various reviews that this headphone has 3m long cable and the length of the earphone is short such that those w long heads, the earphone will be like hanging above their ear.

    Checked the price already. USD100 = S$150. But in singa it's selling for S$250!!! Email them to ask abt the price diff the customer service ppl told me they dont noe, jus coperate prcing. HK selling for S$260. Jap selling for S$280.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    I have been using the Bose noise-cancelling headphones for over four years and just love them. Make long-haul flights so much more comfortable. I find the sound quality with music to be superb, better than my Shure in-ear.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    I have been using the Bose noise-cancelling headphones for over four years and just love them. Make long-haul flights so much more comfortable. I find the sound quality with music to be superb, better than my Shure in-ear.
    thanks for the feedback!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Bose headphone..pls advice

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Why type of music do you listen to?

    Bose products are overpriced.. Better brands would be those from Beyer, Audio Technica, Seinheisser, Grado, and AKG. Which brand you choose would have to depend on your genre of music, and which models you choose would depend on your budget =)

    Go over to sgheadphones.net or head-fi.org for detailed headphone info/recommendations
    I'd agree with this.

    I just bought a pair of Sennheiser ear canal ear buds and I've had Sennheiser headphones since the late 1970s. The sound is quite neutral and great for the price.

    Bose do have great noise cancellation technology since they had developed it for pilots but the world has caught up with them and all but the very cheapest brands can compete.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •