Thread: Opening up your Acer laptop for maintainence?

Default Opening up your Acer laptop for maintainence?

Anybody knows how to open up an Acer laptop?

I got overheating issues with my acer travelmate 3282, need to clean the fan
    very often.

Anybody know how to access the fan area?

(other than buying a vacuum, if thats the only way, which vacuum is recommended?)
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: Opening up your Acer laptop for maintainence?

Best to bring to acer to do it if it is under warranty.

Yes i have the 3 yr warranty...left 1 year i think.

But its rather troublesome to go down to the center, prefer to diy. Any alternative solutions to service center?
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Yes i have the 3 yr warranty...left 1 year i think.

But its rather troublesome to go down to the center, prefer to diy. Any alternative solutions to service center?
    yea.. unless u can leave it over there and come back later..

if not, can jolly well wait for 2 hr (waiting time) and maybe 15 min of work to be done...

one more option... go early early.. less pple..

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    yea.. unless u can leave it over there and come back later..

if not, can jolly well wait for 2 hr (waiting time) and maybe 15 min of work to be done...

one more option... go early early.. less pple..

tats why im reluctant to go down to svc center...one in jurong east, another in NUS, where else ah?

its inconvienient for me to go down after work, coz its out of the way and it will be so late oredi. Or weekend...horrors!

anywayi juz vacuum the vents as my frens recommended...hope it helps. Seems like technique to open up the acer laptop cant be found online by googling....a secret art?
    One-North Explorers

Do note that once you open it up yourself, touch wood if anything happens to your laptop. Your warranty will be void instantly. Honestly I have been to Acer service centre a few times. The queue is not that bad in the mornings and wait is seldom 2 hours. Often less than 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    tats why im reluctant to go down to svc center...one in jurong east, another in NUS, where else ah?

its inconvienient for me to go down after work, coz its out of the way and it will be so late oredi. Or weekend...horrors!

anywayi juz vacuum the vents as my frens recommended...hope it helps. Seems like technique to open up the acer laptop cant be found online by googling....a secret art?
    think wed open late ??

yea.. i also dread going down...

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Do note that once you open it up yourself, touch wood if anything happens to your laptop. Your warranty will be void instantly. Honestly I have been to Acer service centre a few times. The queue is not that bad in the mornings and wait is seldom 2 hours. Often less than 20 mins.
    then u r lucky...

i went twice, 1st time, 1h 45 min.. 2nd time, 2hr...

my friend, twice, 1st time, 1hr 30 min, 2nd time 30 min...

Dude I have been there 5 times in 2 months thanks to my faulty DVD writer. If you go at 9 to 10 am queue honestly is not that long.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Dude I have been there 5 times in 2 months thanks to my faulty DVD writer. If you go at 9 to 10 am queue honestly is not that long.
    #4...

wah. so gungho open laptop to self-service? the furthest i went was opening my friends dvd rom and taking a hammer to wack the casing cos the drive can't close properly. turns out it worked! my advise is still to send to acer for repair. if not got other parts spoil (touch wood) they may not honor the warranty.
    Last edited by raptor1988; 28th September 2007 at 04:03 PM.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

It's quite easy.

My Acer laptop CMOS battery dies often. First time I brought to Acer (still under warranty). After that no more warranty I opened it up myself.

Just take out all the screws at the bottom, arrange them nicely as your remove them.

It comes apart quite nicely. Then clean the fan and replace the screws in reverse order.

For the CMOS battery, you don't even have to unscrew anything. Just use a small flat blade to pry up the trackpad, the battery is just underneath. It's a CR2032. The original has the wires soldered directly to the battery. Just use black electrical tape to wrap the whole battery with the wires in contact.

Will take some pictures if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    It's quite easy.

My Acer laptop CMOS battery dies often. First time I brought to Acer (still under warranty). After that no more warranty I opened it up myself.

Just take out all the screws at the bottom, arrange them nicely as your remove them.

It comes apart quite nicely. Then clean the fan and replace the screws in reverse order.

For the CMOS battery, you don't even have to unscrew anything. Just use a small flat blade to pry up the trackpad, the battery is just underneath. It's a CR2032. The original has the wires soldered directly to the battery. Just use black electrical tape to wrap the whole battery with the wires in contact.

sure!

but like wat the rest says...think i will stick to vacuuming the vents every 3 days for now. Till my warranty over. Hehe
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    It's quite easy.

POWER leh...