Thread: Gang murderers jailed...

Default Gang murderers jailed...

Quite alarming that this happened in Central Mall...

Jail for 6 who attacked 1
    Channel NewsAsia
    Channel NewsAsia - 1 hour 32 minutes ago

SINGAPORE: The prosecution had labelled it as the "most horrific gang assault in recent years" six men attacking a lone unarmed man with bread knives, blows and kicks on Sept 17 last year.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The victim, Mr Zainal Nek, suffered 78 external injuries in all, including stab wounds to many parts of his body. The 46—year—old technician died less than an hour after the attack at Central Mall.

His assailants Norezam Mohsin, Abdul Shahed s/o Akbal Ali, Abdul Razak Abdul Hamid, Mohamad Rizal Mohamed Amin, Mohamed Hishamadi Rahmat and Khairul Iskandar Khamsani were jailed on Wednesday for between seven and 10 years, and given six to 18 strokes of the cane.

All six of them had pleaded guilty to one charge each of culpable homicide.

The facts of the case "did not warrant a lenient sentence", said High Court Judge Choo Han Teck.

On that day last September, the six members of a motorcycle gang or associated with it headed for Kelantan Lane with the aim of avenging an attack by a rival gang.

Unable to find any of their targets there, the group went on to Central Mall, where they spotted Mr Zainal and identified him as a deputy leader of the rival gang.

The six armed themselves before Mohamed Hishamadi, 34, approached Mr Zainal and slashed him twice across his chest. The victim tried to escape but his attackers gave chase. Mr Zainal eventually collapsed, and was stabbed, kicked and punched some more.

On Wednesday, Deputy Public Prosecutor Francis Ng called for a deterrent sentence. He argued that the "brazen" attack could have put other members of the public at risk.

In their mitigation pleas, the six singled out a seventh accomplice, 27—year—old Nur Rizal Mohamed Zainul, as the mastermind of the attack. Nur Rizal is still at large.

All the accused except Abdul Razak also claimed they were tipsy at the time, after having drinks the previous night, which led them to "behave impulsively".

In addition, Mohamed Hishamadi’s lawyer Eugene Thuraisingam cited a psychiatrist’s report and argued that his client was suffering from a "moderate depressive episode", which might have "caused him to behave impulsively".

However, Justice Choo said Mohamed Hishamadi’s role in the attack "seems most deadly". He was given the stiffest punishment, jailed for 10 years and given 18 strokes of the cane.

Default Re: Gang murderers jailed...

These guys plan the attack and they have admitted to it, as a gang they went to look for their victim, once spotted him, attached him and chase him down to con't the attack even when he's down on the ground. And all they got were jail time with canning?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

what the hell!
    its too lenient
    No death sentence for the instigator meh

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    what the hell!
    its too lenient
    No death sentence for the instigator meh
    Instigator still on the loose mah..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

this kind of thing happening in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    These guys plan the attack and they have admitted to it, as a gang they went to look for their victim, once spotted him, attached him and chase him down to con't the attack even when he's down on the ground. And all they got were jail time with canning?
    that's the law

life's not fair, deal with it, you can't just lynch 6 people for killing 1 guy

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's the law

life's not fair, deal with it, you can't just lynch 6 people for killing 1 guy
    distributed between the 6...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i believe that 10 yrs is alright but 18 STROKES.....woohoo.....fair enuff

10 yrs is light liao lor...

Mitigation time... all push blame to the one who is not ard...
    idiot oso can see pushing blame..
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

The effects will be much longer. Think about it, these guys are 22, 23, etc. By the time they get out, assuming probation, they may be 30. Too old to start a fresh career, especially with homicide on their records. They can only move to malaysia or remain in SG with very limited opportunities. Most likely, poverty and desperation will drive them towards drugs and crime again. A sad, vicious cycle, all instigated by the silly notion that being part of a gang is "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The effects will be much longer. Think about it, these guys are 22, 23, etc. By the time they get out, assuming probation, they may be 30. Too old to start a fresh career, especially with homicide on their records. They can only move to malaysia or remain in SG with very limited opportunities. Most likely, poverty and desperation will drive them towards drugs and crime again. A sad, vicious cycle, all instigated by the silly notion that being part of a gang is "cool".
    no matter what reasons...
    you sow the seed... you eat the fruits
    22-23 liao still dunnoe how to think can blame who?
    once you are above 18 you can go jail...
    once you are 21 and above.. u are on your own...
    you can cry father cry mother... but you have to reflect on your own actions and take the responsibility.
    worst... they pple still try to push blames to the one who is not kanna caught yet...

if one of them stand out and tell the judge that he is truely remoseful of what he did and would serve whatever sentence is pass down...
    i think if i am the judge maybe i will pass down a more "leinent sentence"
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

you can never bring back that innocent life..the best option second to capital punishment is to lock them away for life..we dont need murderers in our soceiety, even if they repent, they did took a life and cannot pay back. shame to them

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    you can never bring back that innocent life..the best option second to capital punishment is to lock them away for life..we dont need murderers in our soceiety, even if they repent, they did took a life and cannot pay back. shame to them
    Well, i'm not so sure how "innocent" the victim was. But it doesn't matter anymore, and I'm pretty sure he didn't deserve to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    distributed between the 6...
    if you go by that thinking...if 100 person were to each stab the murdered victim then ...then they all will go home with just a $50 fine then.

I am sadden that not more stiffer sentences were mettled out. I doubt if they caught the guy who mastermind it, he will get anything stiffer then the worst of the lot got.

Individuals are smart. Groups are stupid.

I bet they all felt untouchable and invulnerable, like it was their duty and right to beat and stab him.

Savages.

Difficult for prosecution to precisely determine who in the group administered the fatal blow, that's why charge was culpable homicide and not murder. Also there would probably be varying accounts of what actually happened. All in all a very sad case.

cannot bring back life.... i hope these people can sleep at night.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Probably can't sleep for a while after all those butt whipping.

serves them right. they deserved what they got. i hope their arse would tear beyond repair from the 18 strokes of the cane. and when they are incarcerated, hope they get whacked too. never know, there are strange characters sitting in prison.

6 against a defendless 1... that's cowardice.