Thread: Phototaking in Krabi

Default Phototaking in Krabi

Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but going to Krabi soon, so need urgent advices.

Will be going there with my trusty D200 and my trinity lens, and want to kayak in some of the islands there. But the million dollar question that is bugging me till now, is how to waterproof my stuff, as my equipment very very bao bei (precious) to me. Any experts who have kayaked in Krabi before? Thanks!!!!

P.S. I am an experienced kayaker, so won't capsize one. Unless got tsunami

Default Re: Phototaking in Krabi

You take a bumboat to island......boat will wait for u ...leave ur camera on board.....then go kayak without camera...safer. Whatever pictures u want to shoot from kayak, u can shoot from boat.

end of there

I went Krabi Jun '04...
    Had a day trip which included kayaking.. But it was through the swamps not island-hopping..

We stowed our gear in water-tight bags placed in a water-tight bin in the kayak, all were provided by the operator..
    I left my SLR back at the hotel and used a cheap water-proof film cam, didn't wan to risk salt contamination or dunking..

Just remember that your hands will be quite wet from peddling..
    Maybe you can check your kayak operator's setup?

You could use sea-proof P&S when water-borne, then deploy heavier gear when on terra firma?

Just my say..
    Enjoy your trip!

Sounds like a good idea. A PnS for kayaking and DSLR for land. Thanks, guys!