Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

  1. #1

    Default Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Lust, Caution, the acclaimed movie directed by Ang Lee is to be shown in SINGAPORE in the "edited/censored/cut" version, similar to the one that is to be shown in CHINA, which will be about 10 minutes shorter, minus out all the lust and caution parts!.

    Taiwan and Hong Kong will have the original uncut version.

    WTF, why are all these people treating us Singaporeans like little kids? Why can't they just show the original under RA category? In the eyes of the world, do they see our censorship board being managed by little boys and girls? Why are they always take us like fools, paying good monies for censored films?

    By now, most of you must have read the report by DUREX .... that 60% of Singaporeans are not satisfied with their sex life ...... do I see a link here?
    For sure, I am not going to watch the cut version here .... such stupidity!
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    go and protest ouside the parliament building then.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    that's because that's the image we are being portrayed to the world.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    If the pple rule the country is not ready and think is not ready ...............
    who to check against them ?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    they scare you dirty the cinema seats!!
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    go and protest ouside the parliament building then.
    Bro .... it is not our gov .... the people I referred to, are the distributors, film co, etc... probably they feel that Singaporeans are not matured to watch such uncut shows, or worst still, Singaporeans are all bak ka .... pay good moneis for lousy goods.
    I believe our Censorship Board will accept the uncut version, but under RA, and the distributors think that the market will be smaller for RA .... so the bottom line is impt to them .... but they cant bully the ppl in HK and Taiwan coz the ppl there are very vocal, but SIngaporeans?.... maybe we are all lame ducks ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    people not satisfied with sex life nothing to do with watching cut or uncut films leh
    frankly i'm sure you can easily get uncut version, so there is no link

    that said, maybe they want to make sure there is enough support for the local film hahahaha
    if your xmm and xdd cannot go and watch, only above 21 go and watch
    part of market will be chopped off?

    sometimes i think it is partly because of the local mentality/conservativeness
    how many people do you know can stomach irreversible?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    well, it is just like the US, getting an "X" rating kills the commercial potential of a movie. wait for the uncut version of the DVD lor.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    By now, most of you must have read the report by DUREX .... that 60% of Singaporeans are not satisfied with their sex life ...... do I see a link here?
    For sure, I am not going to watch the cut version here .... such stupidity!
    that is because we got higher expectations

  10. #10
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    It's because we are not ready

    You can always climb bukit timah mah
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  11. #11
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Face it, there are still a few hundred thousands of Singaporean can't even pay up on time for the overdue book's fine, what other measure do u think the gov should take to look after the interest of the majority?

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    just dont watch the movie, let the cinema close down.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    My personal thought on this is that although we here might be "liberal" and accepting. Majority of Singaporeans are still pretty closed up in terms of sexual matters. One good example would be the recent Mocca ads on tv.... Just a body builder flexing his muscles on TV and we get people writing in to the press saying that it is obscene, a reflection of declining morals in Singapore etc etc.

    Hence if we let Ang Lee's movie come in without cuts, can u imagine the backlash the govt will get from these purtians?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    My personal thought on this is that although we here might be "liberal" and accepting. Majority of Singaporeans are still pretty closed up in terms of sexual matters. One good example would be the recent Mocca ads on tv.... Just a body builder flexing his muscles on TV and we get people writing in to the press saying that it is obscene, a reflection of declining morals in Singapore etc etc.

    Hence if we let Ang Lee's movie come in without cuts, can u imagine the backlash the govt will get from these purtians?

    The press can CHOOSE not to publish this writing sfrom these purtians. Then any complains..they won't be heard/seen.....like many other complains will never be heard/seen in our media.!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    My personal thought on this is that although we here might be "liberal" and accepting. Majority of Singaporeans are still pretty closed up in terms of sexual matters. One good example would be the recent Mocca ads on tv.... Just a body builder flexing his muscles on TV and we get people writing in to the press saying that it is obscene, a reflection of declining morals in Singapore etc etc.

    Hence if we let Ang Lee's movie come in without cuts, can u imagine the backlash the govt will get from these purtians?
    \Maybe the cut version should be renamed: No Lust, No Caution ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    I think Lust, Caution should be shown uncut.

    I don't think Ang Lee put those sex scenes in the movie just to get people interested. I mean he is a respected Academy Award winner so if he feels that the sex scenes are part of the story then it should be submitted for approval uncut. (and the authorities should pass it uncut). He not those HK directors of sexploitative films.

    This movie could be up there for nomination in next year's Academy Awards since it already won in Berlin? (Golden Bear right?)

    I just want to say that nudity in movies doesn't not mean pornography.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 26th September 2007 at 02:27 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    My personal thought on this is that although we here might be "liberal" and accepting. Majority of Singaporeans are still pretty closed up in terms of sexual matters. One good example would be the recent Mocca ads on tv.... Just a body builder flexing his muscles on TV and we get people writing in to the press saying that it is obscene, a reflection of declining morals in Singapore etc etc.

    Hence if we let Ang Lee's movie come in without cuts, can u imagine the backlash the govt will get from these purtians?
    ya lor

    moms breastfeeding in public, i see like nothing much, not like they are strutting around and flashing their chest, they are doing it discreetly also people want to complain

    i think very sad if you want to go out with family then everytime the baby is hungry have to hide in toilet or something to breastfeed, imagine the smell

  18. #18
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ya lor

    moms breastfeeding in public, i see like nothing much, not like they are strutting around and flashing their chest, they are doing it discreetly also people want to complain

    i think very sad if you want to go out with family then everytime the baby is hungry have to hide in toilet or something to breastfeed, imagine the smell
    censorship is a must.

    Show too much flesh later some conservative singaporeans will complain wans.

    Like the recent Singapore fashion festival. Clothes too thin oso complains.

    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  19. #19

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    The press can CHOOSE not to publish this writing sfrom these purtians. Then any complains..they won't be heard/seen.....like many other complains will never be heard/seen in our media.!
    Oh trust me, I have seen complains about that ad even in blogs.... Makes me really wonder are Singaporeans getting alittle overboard with morality issues. And I dont believe these writers are your average old people who you would think are more conservation. Surprisingly it is your youngsters and teens.

  20. #20
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Lust, Caution, Durex, WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Lust, Caution, the acclaimed movie directed by Ang Lee is to be shown in SINGAPORE in the "edited/censored/cut" version, similar to the one that is to be shown in CHINA, which will be about 10 minutes shorter, minus out all the lust and caution parts!.

    Taiwan and Hong Kong will have the original uncut version.

    WTF, why are all these people treating us Singaporeans like little kids? Why can't they just show the original under RA category? In the eyes of the world, do they see our censorship board being managed by little boys and girls? Why are they always take us like fools, paying good monies for censored films?

    By now, most of you must have read the report by DUREX .... that 60% of Singaporeans are not satisfied with their sex life ...... do I see a link here?
    For sure, I am not going to watch the cut version here .... such stupidity!
    unsatisfied sex life that why the cut version if satisfied sex life then RA version
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •