Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic right of way

Default Re: Traffic right of way

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Hi rOnGrEn, I have nothing against you or am bashing you but it is this type of driver that have no idea or forget traffic rules that can cause accident. Dun take it to heart but it pays to know the rules well.

Moving traffic have the right of way but as mention, drivng a bus is not easy. I dun have cilivian class 4 but have SAF class 4. Driving a 3 tonner is really not easy. It can be as heavy as a bus, althought shorter but still high up and have a lot of blind spots.

For the future.....

Even if you have right of way, the moment u see the bus signal or pull off, you better give way even if you're near, if not u still will suffer. Dun take it for granted as the driver might not see you or he is sleeping.

Unless u driving a tank, then I got nothing to say.
    No prob afbug. I thank you for your views! I am always very wary of big vehicles.. just that I didn't expect that bus to pull out suddenly. Will pay more attention in future.

V-comd the 3/5 tonner or other big SAF vehicles also not easy and very stressful!! I think when i was in NS i was always more alert than the driver when i sit next to him..

Best one is when you V-com those n00bie drivers that think they know everything. That time doing tiger trail sai kang need to setup stuff early. Ask the 5ton driver he know how to go to the camp, he say know. Then end up bring us go horlan.. I wasn't the v-com but I was at the corner at the back and kept trying to tell the v-com the driver going wrong way... Anyway, i took over v-com on the way back and the driver once again decided on his own to go the super long way.. . I think he trying to rack up the milage or something.. #%@

Anyway, back to topic. I kena force to brake hard by buses cutting out into my lane dunno how many times liao. I've noticed an increase in the number of reckless bus drivers recently (just look at the number of accidents involving buses). Not to be a "country-ist" but it seems a lot of them are imported from places where the driving culture is more hiong. KL rush hour driving anyone?

As they say: the bigger your vehicle, the more rights you have...

in this type of cases, usually I try to move to the next lane if I see the bus break lights off...

If I can't I slow down and give way...

If I too near, I horn...

If accident, you need to prove you horn and applied breaks, because the driver must call TP... If he come out 1st, you don't have witness, there is no tyre mark on floor for breaks, then you in trouble because you bang into him... of course, if you heng you pass 1st and he bang into you it's obvious he is wrong la

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    Hey guys,

Just a quick check...

Say I am driving on the left most lane of a road and the traffic is flowing (ie. green light in front). Just as I was driving pass a bus stop, the bus suddenly drove out of the bus bay, cutting into my lane, almost causing an accident (with me of course). I am a very careful driver, wasn't speeding, and had been in the leftmost lane all along, my headlamps were on.

Do I have the "right of way "or am i obliged to give way to the bus even though the traffic was flowing? (courtesy driving aside ) Does the presence of a yellow box give the bus the right of way even if the traffic was flowing? IF the leftmost lane was a bus lane, does it give the bus the right of way to come out from the bus bay then?

I am inclined to think that I had the right of way, but just need to confirm before I can feedback to the relevant parties.

Thanks in advance!

you might be on the right side. But being involved in any accident, is not fun at all.

So most of the time it's better to just let it go first. Few seconds delay of your journey won't harm you. If you get into accident, you are at lost, your family are at lost, the bus driver is at lost and so are the passengers of the bus.

You need to drive in India or Jakarta to learn that driving is not just about right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    you might be on the right side. But being involved in any accident, is not fun at all.

So most of the time it's better to just let it go first. Few seconds delay of your journey won't harm you. If you get into accident, you are at lost, your family are at lost, the bus driver is at lost and so are the passengers of the bus.

You need to drive in India or Jakarta to learn that driving is not just about right or wrong.
    thanx for the advice ..it is precisely because I do not wish to get into an accident, that i am quite upset with that driver's action. I do treasure my loved ones and my own safety, and of course not forgetting all the passengers and even the bus driver's safety.

IF I was far behind and the bus had already driven halfway out, of course slowing down and waiting for the few seconds then won't hurt.

But in this case, the bus driver drove out abruptly without paying regards to oncoming traffic. I mean.. in normal circumstances, we cant expect all moving cars in the leftmost lane to specially stop and let the bus come out from the bus bay right? Furthermore he almost caused an accident...

Thus I am just trying to establish whether bus driver by right (and by rules) should wait for traffic to clear before driving off the bus bay. Whether motorists in the leftmost lane give way or not is down to individual motorist's courteous driving. Whether the bus drivers wait for traffic to clear or not is down to how safe a driver he is and his attitude towards other vehicles on the road.

In anycase, I will be more wary of such drivers in future.

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    thanx for the advice ..it is precisely because I do not wish to get into an accident, that i am quite upset with that driver's action. I do treasure my loved ones and my own safety, and of course not forgetting all the passengers and even the bus driver's safety.

IF I was far behind and the bus had already driven halfway out, of course slowing down and waiting for the few seconds then won't hurt.

But in this case, the bus driver drove out abruptly without paying regards to oncoming traffic. I mean.. in normal circumstances, we cant expect all moving cars in the leftmost lane to specially stop and let the bus come out from the bus bay right? Furthermore he almost caused an accident...

Thus I am just trying to establish whether bus driver by right (and by rules) should wait for traffic to clear before driving off the bus bay. Whether motorists in the leftmost lane give way or not is down to individual motorist's courteous driving. Whether the bus drivers wait for traffic to clear or not is down to how safe a driver he is and his attitude towards other vehicles on the road.

In anycase, I will be more wary of such drivers in future.

Beware of large vehicles - they could swat you across three lanes and not feel a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Beware of large vehicles - they could swat you across three lanes and not feel a thing.
    u talking about which kind?

next time drive armoured truck to orchard road on a weekend liao... what traffic condition u talking about? i can't see u....

anyway, sometimes i also pissed with those buses and etc... but end of the day, u give way, end of story, nobody pissed... no point getting to know who is right or wrong... when u hit, or he hit u, everybody will blame everyone except themselves... but its still contributory... nobody is entirely correct unless stationary in a carpark lot (terms and conditions apply)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Although you have the right to go straight on the lane but always beware of the bus filtering out from the bus stop. Try to slow down when approaching such situation.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12