Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: hokkaido tour self drive

Default Re: hokkaido tour self drive

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    not that i dont want.but for all you know, the DR simply dont give 2 hoots.
    or probably hasnt even brought his own kids there at that age.

like i said, doing homework now lor.then i'll decide.

i GOT to travel before december else my benefits (about 5k) will be forfeited.
    damn it.
    there's always risks to it. different kids have different constitution, can only tell you hokkaido is cold in october, it's always quite a couple of degrees lower than the rest of japan. so you need to know that you're bringing this 5 month old from oven singapore into chiller hokkaido for 9 days and back to the oven again after that. my aunt brought her baby with her to china during winter, her trip was cut short because the baby started to have a bad cough from the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    talk ****. its not winter...even if it is its not anarctic temps...
    Oh I see!!! That time I didn't go Hokk mah.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    i think you'll freeze before your camera does

nothing to do with that. you obviously don't know your geography or weather patterns.

nothing to do with that. you obviously don't know your geography or weather patterns.
    After I bought my first DSLR, I will start travel photography.

After I bought my first DSLR, I will start travel photography.
    you don't have to wait till then.

Play safe. Dun bring the kid.

Just curious, if you can't trust the doctor's advice. Will advice from a bunch of virtual people be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post

Just curious, if you can't trust the doctor's advice. Will advice from a bunch of virtual people be better?
    good point!

I went on a tour with Prime Travel. Their service is very good. If you join their package tour, they will have guides to make sure most things are covered. They will also provide recommended places to go even when you are on self drive.

As for bringing the baby, logistically, it may not be easy. Also, your time outdoors maybe limited.

Personally I won't bring a baby to countries with extreme temperatures.

Oh ya, if you are doing self-drive and bringing the baby. Do ask for availability of baby car seats.

Go for it, it would be a totally different experience. Went to Hokkaido during October time 2 years ago, weather was not as chilly as expected, autumn maple trees were awsome. Definitely will go again.

Advice, plan your trip well. GO GO GO

so no beaches for you then...hmmmm considered hong kong or taiwan? How long you willing to fly at max?
    no beaches for me.

HK, taiwan, all done.
    max i think 5-6 hours.
    even hokkaido at 8 hours is pushing it already.
    not to mention i wont be flying business class, so i wont be able to take long flights.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    there's always risks to it. different kids have different constitution, can only tell you hokkaido is cold in october, it's always quite a couple of degrees lower than the rest of japan. so you need to know that you're bringing this 5 month old from oven singapore into chiller hokkaido for 9 days and back to the oven again after that. my aunt brought her baby with her to china during winter, her trip was cut short because the baby started to have a bad cough from the cold.
    thanks very much for the advise.great consideration in planning for the trip be it a green light or not.

SLR will be frozne or not????
    i brought my F5 to switzerland at -8 degrees and it still works like a wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post

why not?i've learnt sooooooo much from the 'virtual' people in this forum.just check out my portrait thread.before that, i have absolutely no idea how to even position a studio light.

not to mention these 'virtual' people, some of them may have 'been there, done that'.
    so it's better to listen to as many people as you can though eventually the decision lies with me.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    I went on a tour with Prime Travel. Their service is very good. If you join their package tour, they will have guides to make sure most things are covered. They will also provide recommended places to go even when you are on self drive.

As for bringing the baby, logistically, it may not be easy. Also, your time outdoors maybe limited.

Oh ya, if you are doing self-drive and bringing the baby. Do ask for availability of baby car seats.
    thanks for sharing the experience.
    advise noted.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post

do you mind pming me your email?i've got some questions to take up your time if you dont mind.

thanks

Put myself in Jeanie's shoe, things that I will consider:

1. Japan is left hand drive country so need a bit of getting use to, GPS and detail road map is a must

2. Driving means most of the time I will be at out door, must get prepare for unexpected road condition especially in winter when snow starts falling, also the very slipperly ice frozen road

3. Extra clothing, hot water and food etc on the road for adults and the babies. But Jap is an advance country so most of their resting stops have plenty of helps if needed. But Nihongo must be ichiban neh to communicate effectively

Other than that, I don't see any issue travelling to Jap with an infant....Go for it.....it is your own F&E trip....schedule and timing should not be an issue in whatever circumstance...most to most cut short and fly back to singapore lor if everything not according to plan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

1. Japan is left hand drive country so need a bit of getting use to, GPS and detail road map is a must

2. Driving means most of the time I will be at out door, must get prepare for unexpected road condition especially in winter when snow starts falling, also the very slipperly ice frozen road

3. Extra clothing, hot water and food etc on the road for adults and the babies. But Jap is an advance country so most of their resting stops have plenty of helps if needed. But Nihongo must be ichiban neh to communicate effectively

Other than that, I don't see any issue travelling to Jap with an infant....Go for it.....it is your own F&E trip....schedule and timing should not be an issue in whatever circumstance...most to most cut short and fly back to singapore lor if everything not according to plan

LEFT HAND DRIVE?brother oh brother of mine, are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

i've driven in europe from UK to france to germany, belgium, italy, switzerland blah.some of the time i drove weather was so bad that i was required to put on snow chains on the tyres, so i reckon japan i wont get stuck.

my ONLY concern is my niece.nothing else.
    like someone mention, when they cry, we really do not know what they want.
    i wish babies can talk from birth.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    LEFT HAND DRIVE?brother oh brother of mine, are you sure?
    erm, it's drive on the left, same as singapore

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast