Thread: Q : Is the Benjamin Sheares still accessible?

Default Q : Is the Benjamin Sheares still accessible?

A question for the experts here. Is the bridge still accessible for photographers to take photos? If yes, access from? Sorry im abit suaku. hehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: Q : Is the Benjamin Sheares still accessible?

Hey bro, you from Urban explorer (I presume) one, how can you dunno....wah liew... BTW, I saw an ang moh jogging along the walkway there last week.

Quote Originally Posted by canonikon View Post
    Hey bro, you from Urban explorer (I presume) one, how can you dunno....wah liew... BTW, I saw an ang moh jogging along the walkway there last week.
    theres nothing much to explore that side...hahaa...i know there's a stairs down near the patch of land which they are developing right now. I was there many years back, now im not too sure coz so much construction going on.

I thot of going there to take some shots, but i would hate it if some mr.policeman come over and say cannot. So need to check first, if it;s still accessible or not lor. haha

p.s
    yes, im UE member...but we got a life also...we got jobs, got family, we can't explore everyday. It's a hobby like photography. lol
    One-North Explorers

Anyone know where would be easiest to get up onto the bridge by foot? Point of entry?
    One-North Explorers

last time, before marina floating platform was up, and was up halfway, in fact
    can access via millenia walk area, at the side, near the part where cars can turn into expressway, got some construction works going on, hunt around will have a stairway up to the bridge, will lead to the walkway on the side facing the shenton way skyline, not your er, singapore big wheel

that is the quickest, i suppose

not sure if it's still there though, haven't been there in a while sine the marina floating platform was up, i don't like it

oh thanx!
    One-North Explorers

It's still accessible. I just went last week.

Quote Originally Posted by waipeng View Post
    It's still accessible. I just went last week.

Thanks!

Anybody has tips of locations to take some Singapore skyline photos? I did a search, most of the angles are similar though
    One-North Explorers

the nearest bus stop to the stairs up the bridge is here, 5 mins walk.

yah i went earlier....just an experience. Haha

i found the stairs near some construction, went up, i was the only one walking on the bridge.
    The scene not really appealing as there's construction all over the place. And after work hours, the bridge has lots of traffic, big traffic, small traffic....with tripod also useless, can't shoot anything long exposure. Haha

Maybe some of u on the way home in cars, would have spotted me. Silly, but the experience counts. End up shooting some shots of the stairs and a stray cat.
    One-North Explorers

dont shoot from the bridge lor if the bridge is shaky. Last time i like to go to the grass patch down the bridge and shoot from the edge by the river. I dunno if now still can do that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    dont shoot from the bridge lor if the bridge is shaky. Last time i like to go to the grass patch down the bridge and shoot from the edge by the river. I dunno if now still can do that or not.
    i think not possible, there's a rig down there, probably blocking the view...im processing the photos right now...show in awhile later.
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    yah i went earlier....just an experience. Haha

i found the stairs near some construction, went up, i was the only one walking on the bridge.
    The scene not really appealing as there's construction all over the place. And after work hours, the bridge has lots of traffic, big traffic, small traffic....with tripod also useless, can't shoot anything long exposure. Haha

Maybe some of u on the way home in cars, would have spotted me. Silly, but the experience counts. End up shooting some shots of the stairs and a stray cat.
    not really, there are some portions of the bridge where the vibrations aren't so jia lat

you have to experiment

nonetheless you will not have pin-sharp images, that's for sure

As mentioned by someone...the stairs up...managed to find it after alighting from the bus stop (took bus 36 from Dhoby Ghaut)

here's some...

buildings look alittle tilted, due to wide angle on kit lens
    I could zoom in, but the shakes from the traffic probably cause lots of blurred shots.
    And yeah...some photos do look sharp coz they are much smaller than the originals. Keke
    Apart from taking shaky photos, i try shooting some other stuff from the bridge to make full use of my wasted trip. haha

the rest of my shots here.
    Last edited by sbs99; 25th September 2007 at 05:26 PM.
    One-North Explorers