Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foreign atheletics imports failed

Default Re: Foreign atheletics imports failed

imagining me (not s'prean) representing s'pr in Canon Japan Photo marathon final
    uhm
    uhm
    uhm

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    imagining me (not s'prean) representing s'pr in Canon Japan Photo marathon final
    uhm
    uhm
    uhm
    good...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    you must be one of those rare rare guys.

how come almost 80% of the girls i know like soccer too
    i suspect they like looking at beckham's butt
    or cristiano ronaldo's butt or something
    Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    some say it is more important than life.

mai la, see so many men chasing one ball
    two balls more than enough, like need one more like that

in the past people join a sport for the sake of the game now its for the sake fame & $$!

i think its a mental trap wanting to always win everything evertime.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    now its for the sake fame & $$!

Nothing wrong.
    Must make full use of your own potential and talent to earn a living mah.

Who cares about sportmanship...what sport spirit...sport glory for a country.

Money and fame is what all matters in the end.
    Even at the expense of betraying a country...also worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    and forget to add... no point getting these imports to run, they still hold PR, anytime, a better offer comes, they just go... and if they can win medals for you, what make you so sure their country won't keep them? also, if they are patrotic, won't they stay in their country til the end? and instead carry another country's flag and compete against their own... so if another country poach them, sure they will run...

its kinda missing the entire meaning of olympics when sg get foreign talents to compete instead...
    Agreed, win also no Honour, no Glory !!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

hahaha!!!!!!!!!!! foreign athletes failed?

errr, is it just me or should it be SINGAPORE FAILED!

i'll get flamed, but so what, it needs to be said

singapore failed by not properly developing it's OWN athletes. the problem is not your local athletes, it's the organizations that run them, even the local athletes parents will tell you that. so i would say before you say foreign athletes fail, don't be so narrow minded and realize that singapore has failed by not being able to properly train their own people.

this is one place that really blames and points fingers at anyone and everyone except themselves. seriously...how you gonna blame foreign talent when they are representing you because you CANNOT represent yourself? call me stupid, but to me the ENTIRE blame rests squarely on singapore's shoulders and more specifically, the organizations that have no clue on what the hell they are doing...just ask almost any parent and they will tell you same. many times local talent exceeds what organizations know or can do and the talent level in singapore grows more quickly than the mindsets or abilities or capabilities of the organizations and your athletes are basically left with nothing to do and nowhere to go unless they LEAVE singapore and train elsewhere.

look no further than mediacrap...they don't even report LOCAL sports. take junior golf, there tournaments almost every week and NONE of it is reported on the tele. if the kids, the parents, their relatives, neighbours, the parents employers, etc. etc., never see these things, there will only be a shallow incling of pride, no real sense for sponsors to step up and no real sense of pride in communities to support athletics. the first step is that mediacrap needs to report on your local athletes and keep people up to speed on the local sporting events or there will NEVER be an advancement because there will never be an awareness and a mindset to say to parents and businesses and communities that there are benefits to sports and they should be proud of their athletes and build up the industry...

you guys think money will build the industry...haha, typical, what you need is a change in mindset to build the industry. so before anyone chooses to say foreign athletes failed, realize that YOU failed and SINGAPORE failed.

put it this way, with singapore's mentality hey, we might as well import foreign talents for miss singapore universe. she never wins, she never does well, she never places...wow, just like sports, so lets import a foreign contestant for miss singapore universe then! i mean afterall, isn't this the same criteria why you bring in foreign talents for sports...to win medals, to place singapore highly? i respect the miss singapore universe ladies, at least they can stand up and say "i am singapore" and represent you guys. and no matter how they do, you love them for their effort and you have more pride because SHE IS YOU.

for crying out loud, develop your own talent, it's there...but the mindset is not. and again before you blame ft's hehehe wake up and realize all the fault and blame lies here with your own people not ft's. man, i think some people need some fertilizer in their chicken rice so that they will grow a little and not be so smallish and juvenile in their thoughts.

when teams compete, it's a team loss, team win...if ft's failed, then singapore failed, and if singapore faied, then we all failed! if it's an individual event that an ft lost, singapore still lost, and we all lost...if you celebrate an ft's win as a nation, then an ft's loss is a loss for the nation as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    put it this way, with singapore's mentality hey, we might as well import foreign talents for miss singapore universe. she never wins, she never does well, she never places...wow, just like sports, so lets import a foreign contestant for miss singapore universe then! i mean afterall, isn't this the same criteria why you bring in foreign talents for sports...to win medals, to place singapore highly? i respect the miss singapore universe ladies, at least they can stand up and say "i am singapore" and represent you guys. and no matter how they do, you love them for their effort and you have more pride because SHE IS YOU.
    selective quoting, yay

i must say that some of the commonly seen cs models are a lot prettier than those participating every year? on the average, anyways, and i'm talking about the locals

what's all the fuss about?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    what's all the fuss about?
    money wasted?

I would say, "Don't try to be everything".

Money can't buy everything. Somehow, with the relentless pursuit for economic success, we have lost touch with our inner passions for other things. When there is no passion, but only "medals" in the mind, what is the use, even if you have won many gold medals? (through the hands of others)

It is just "Vain Emptiness".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234