Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Camera Screwed up???

  1. #1

    Default Camera Screwed up???

    Hm..just went to national orchid garden yesterday and some pictures seem screwed up..can someone advised on what is happening???

    Here's an Example

    Pictures taken

    It seems like there's two segment, anyone knows why?

    need some advised...thanks!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    can you please upload smaller size
    right now i feel like whacking you, the picture is still loading as i type this

    wa, you talking about the yellow strip at the bottom?
    how old is your camera?

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    could it be a problem with the card?maybe when transferring data to your com?
    What brand you using?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can you please upload smaller size
    right now i feel like whacking you, the picture is still loading as i type this

    wa, you talking about the yellow strip at the bottom?
    how old is your camera?
    LOL!!...night86mare..sorry abt that..haha...erm..yeah..the yellow strip...using Sony DSC-H9

    Card is Sony Memory Stick

    bought it last month

  5. #5

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by xxhellinvaderxx View Post
    LOL!!...night86mare..sorry abt that..haha...erm..yeah..the yellow strip...using Sony DSC-H9

    Card is Sony Memory Stick

    bought it last month
    all pictures have it or just some, you said some right
    might be MS problem more than camera
    if it happens too often, just change MS if you have a spare
    if not, just go to sony and hoot them

  6. #6

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    all pictures have it or just some, you said some right
    might be MS problem more than camera
    if it happens too often, just change MS if you have a spare
    if not, just go to sony and hoot them
    yah..some...i suspect is camera writing into ms stick gt problem..

    here's another sample

    http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/0193011078050

    now smaller liao..also same problem...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    yes, looks like got writing problem
    so could be camera or ms, hard to tell
    if your ms screwed up then ms problem
    if you change ms still got problem then camera problem

  8. #8
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    most likely due to data corruption during transferring to pc.
    try transfer again.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, looks like got writing problem
    so could be camera or ms, hard to tell
    if your ms screwed up then ms problem
    if you change ms still got problem then camera problem
    alright, i'll monitor for a while more...haiz..so fast gt problem liao..if ms problem, gt warranty??

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    It might be a sensor problem, or the shutter.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    most likely due to data corruption during transferring to pc.
    try transfer again.
    I agree, had similar problems before.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    hm..camera inside also the same...distorted and purplish pix...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by xxhellinvaderxx View Post
    LOL!!...night86mare..sorry abt that..haha...erm..yeah..the yellow strip...using Sony DSC-H9

    Card is Sony Memory Stick

    bought it last month
    Since only one month, better send back to Sony service centre no matter what is wrong, as it's still under warranty.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Could it be setting on the camera?

    This look like picture taken with "Caption" mode on the facilitate putting words on your pic? I dunno whether Sony got this function..... just a tot.........
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  15. #15

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Should be data corruption when the camera is writing to the memory card. Happens to me once in a while.

    BC

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    er... many moons ago, I encountered this problem too. What I did was when I was using a P&S then, I always close my camera cover after I had finished shooting. Sometimes, I didnt notice that the cam is still writing to the card and when I close the cover, it shuts down the came and thus have corrupted images. Hopefully you didn't made the same mistakes a "gundu" guy like me did. Well That was many many moons ago. I learnt from that mistakes (took me a long time to realise what went wrong as I didnt know of CS back then)

    BTW as mentioned, since its still very new, just send back to Sony to check.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Hi there , i had this problem too many yrs ago, the wrong thing i did to get this effect is that i off the camera just after one shoot. And the card was using was kingston , the reading and writing of this card is very slow.

    By changing the card and the style of shooting helps me to reslove this problem .
    Robert Bleeme

  18. #18

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertbe View Post
    Hi there , i had this problem too many yrs ago, the wrong thing i did to get this effect is that i off the camera just after one shoot. And the card was using was kingston , the reading and writing of this card is very slow.

    By changing the card and the style of shooting helps me to reslove this problem .

    hm..speaking about this, the moment i took the picture, i straight away change mode to review the pics...perhaps dat is the reason why?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    data corruption.

  20. #20
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Camera Screwed up???

    Maybe that could be the reason,but honestly,its hard to tell
    best way is to let it finish writing before doing anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •