Thread: what's the most embarrassed/stupid question you have ever asked about photography?

Default what's the most embarrassed/stupid question you have ever asked about photography?

what's the most embarrassed/stupid question you have ever asked about photography?

care to share? dun be shy. the stupid question can only make people going smart.

for me, i remember years ago when i was first into photography, i walked into CP and saw B+W filters. i asked the saleman: "is it a black and white filter?"

heh heh...

ok here's mine. when i first started photog, many many years ago in a galaxy not-so-far away, i was under the impression that those nice saturated pixs were gotten from higher ISOs, so i used ISO 400 all the time.

then i discovered what a polariser was...

I was still using a P&S film camera and i asked the lab in my neighbourhood why my 2 rolls of film taken during a concert all turn out black black cannot see anything, even i used ISO400 film

then i ask what ISO film i have to use so that i can shoot in dark dark place without flash

answer is : even with the highest ISO film avaliable also cannot shoot in dark dark place...even if use flash also cannot reach so far

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

My personal experience.
    The first time i bought my A40, i asked the salesman.

"Digital Zoom is Digital camera's term of normal film camera's zoom right?"

I don't have one most stupid question cos most of my questions are stupid!

For me, it's "Bulb mode har ... so I just squeeze the shutter button and let go when the shot is done right? But what if I want to a long exposure? Very siong leh ... need the extra hands to scratch backside and such ... "

I was in CP checking out the Nikon F65. Was holding the camera and turn the lens focusing grip. I said "wah can turn one ah.Good man.Eh wah so difficult to turn one ah??[AF was on]" The CP salesman gave me a "wah lau eh" look.

"I want the best but cheapest camera...which one ah?"

Does a 52mm filter fit on a 52mm lens adaptor ?

Default Re: what's the most embarrassed/stupid question you have ever asked about photography?

Originally posted by liuhao
    what's the most embarrassed/stupid question you have ever asked about photography?

the only time i can remember is that my lens drop off my F80 when i am doing a group shoot ... i forget to screw it in after i change my lens .. and being too excited, it drops when i tilt the angle abit ... sigh ...

Ok its not a question but an action. When I shoot indoor with my DigiCam, I set the ISO 200, the low light led is alway turn on. So one time i set my ISO to 400, and the led stop flashing. SO I thought, great.... I just set my ISO to 400 no matter indoor or outdoor. When I develop my photo, the skin looks very grainy. Then I try to find out why is it so grainy, and finally find out that it because of the ISO setting is too high. I should have use flash instead of rely on higher ISO. Stupid action, cause all my Chinese New Year indoo pic look grainy, man oh man.....

my lady friend asked me to take a picture of her with suntec towers as the back drop. it was night so i used the flash. after i took the shot, she complained that the buildings behind her were too dark. so i told her that for the buildings to be properly exposed, you need a flash as powerful as the sun.

Deregistered

Originally posted by maddog
    my lady friend asked me to take a picture of her with suntec towers as the back drop. it was night so i used the flash. after i took the shot, she complained that the buildings behind her were too dark. so i told her that for the buildings to be properly exposed, you need a flash as powerful as the sun.

Originally posted by maddog

for me I thought $260 for a lens was expensive
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

"For that 50mm F/1.8 lens, is it constant 1.8???"

i was attending my friends' graduation ceremony, and the night before that i was experimenting with multiple exposures on my Dynax 7. Unfortunately I forgot to set it back the next day, and exposed the same frame 7 times before realising it. needless to say I didn't show my friends the result...

I was buying a 2nd hand lens form a fellow clubsnapper, we talked for quite some time untill when we were about to go, he reminded me that I have not paid him yet! Wah, so embarassed to have lost track of that and to almost walk away without paying!

Originally posted by Gunjack
    I was buying a 2nd hand lens form a fellow clubsnapper, we talked for quite some time untill when we were about to go, he reminded me that I have not paid him yet! Wah, so embarassed to have lost track of that and to almost walk away without paying!
    hey that sounds familiar!!!

Hello, Munfai!

Hehehehe! I saw your name in this post and that reminded me of THE incident at BK!

BTW: very impressed with my first real macro lense, finally able to shoot close-ups of nature. Shot in slides, results were mind blowing, at least judging from my limited experience. Thanks for the good deal!

Not really a question I asked, but rather a dumb action I did...

I was using my father's dunno what film cam for my class outing when I was in sec 2.
    After reaching home, curiosity got the better of me and I wonder what it's like inside the film compartment even though it wasn't rewinded back into the canister (cos it wasn't finished).

Being a smart aleck, I took the cam into my bedroom, switched off the lights (presto! darkroom!) and opened the cam up.

None of the shots survived...