Default Re: core dual or core 2 dual?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    core dual or core 2 dual??

Can someone tell me whats the diff???

Looks like the same.
    Mabbe put it this way.

core "v1" dual

core "v2" dual
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

core 2 dual better. Noted. Thks.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quad lar is the way to go now........

actually should be core 2 duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    actually should be core 2 duo.
    Why leh?

Quote Originally Posted by CSlye View Post
    Why leh?
    Cos that's the way Intel named it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk View Post
    Cos that's the way Intel named it?
    ohh ... i c ... thks bro

go oct-core and quad gpu. skulltrail

Japan already came out with the prototype of 256 cores and 512 cores, if you can tahan until become official den will be better :P

C2d or core 2 duo is the newer dualcore on 1 die(processor wafer). previously codenamed conroe.

core dual or issit core duo? is probably older pentium D dualcores or centrino which are rebranded
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago View Post
    C2d or core 2 duo is the newer dualcore on 1 die(processor wafer). previously codenamed conroe.

core dual or issit core duo? is probably older pentium D dualcores or centrino which are rebranded
    Core dual means dual core

Ever since the later stages of pentium 4, 2 cores have been a technology used in them, they call it the Dual Core Pentium 4, and then from then they release 2 cores in their processors, and it goes on to their pentium D, and of cos Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Duo is just another processor with a different architecture, but similarly with 2 cores. Means that "Core 2 Duo" is a "Dual Core" processor, get the gist?

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Core dual means dual core

Ever since the later stages of pentium 4, 2 cores have been a technology used in them, they call it the Dual Core Pentium 4, and then from then they release 2 cores in their processors, and it goes on to their pentium D, and of cos Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Duo is just another processor with a different architecture, but similarly with 2 cores. Means that "Core 2 Duo" is a "Dual Core" processor, get the gist?
    of course i know it's dual core. c2d are on the same wafer..
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Core Duo is basically stuffing 2 P4 core into the LGA 775 package(Old technology).Core 2 Duo is base on newer core(More efficient) and there are also Pentium E21x0 of which is a C2D with less FSB and lower clock speed and name it as Pentium,get these instead of similiary price P4 or Core Duo and these processor is good for overclocking(Basically a C2D core of which don't pass the higher QC and push down to lower level).

Core Duo came from the work that Intel did on the Pentium III, which lead to the Pentium M, or Centrino with the 802.11b/g hardware.

It's much more efficient than the Pentium 4, which had a Pentium D variant but those were better for heating homes than running computer applications.

Core 2 Duo is supposedly about 25 % faster (at the same clock speed) and about 14 % more efficient with battery life, if I recall the figures, than the Core Duo processors. They're also 64-bit processors and can take advantage of more with the Santa Rosa chipset. There is an Extreme version and there are 4 core processors in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Core Duo came from the work that Intel did on the Pentium III, which lead to the Pentium M, or Centrino with the 802.11b/g hardware.

It's much more efficient than the Pentium 4, which had a Pentium D variant but those were better for heating homes than running computer applications.

Core 2 Duo is supposedly about 25 % faster (at the same clock speed) and about 14 % more efficient with battery life, if I recall the figures, than the Core Duo processors. They're also 64-bit processors and can take advantage of more with the Santa Rosa chipset. There is an Extreme version and there are 4 core processors in the works.
    as far as I know, this is the most correct version, tho i heard preformance is 30% higher. batt life... can't rmb.

and yes core duo is definitely not 2x pentium 4 in a single chip... 2x pentium 4 is known as pentium D. They are based on netburst instead of core architecture technology which c2d uses