Thread: Hi there stranger

Default Hi there stranger

Ok no pretty ladies for you to drool over.

Indonesians in general are a very friendly chatty bunch of people, even to strangers. I was just sitting around when a stranger struck up a conversation with me just to while away the time and he sportingly agreed to let me take a shot of him before I left.

I decided to frame him tightly but left some space over to his right to not feel so claustrophobic. Made full use of the setting sun as the main light source. 1/3200s @ F/2. ISO800. ( intentionally left high to get abit of grain) Converted to mono and toned in PS.

Would appreciate critique/comments/flames on the framing as well as lighting.

Default Re: Hi there stranger

beautiful

Watch the halo-ing. Exposure seems abit under, not much of lighting but its a good portrait nonetheless imo. Very sincere smile there

I like it ,well done!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

crapex & airfins: thanks. glad you like it

sprintist: tks for pointing it out. will correct the slight halo on the left of his face. the lighter shades on his right is actually a result of the pickup truck in the background... should i burn it in till its uniformly dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    crapex & airfins: thanks. glad you like it

sprintist: tks for pointing it out. will correct the slight halo on the left of his face. the lighter shades on his right is actually a result of the pickup truck in the background... should i burn it in till its uniformly dark?
    I think you might need to correct the halo-ing only. On second look, i find it to be good enough as a low key. and DONT burn away those highlights!! hahaa they really make the portrait stand out giving shape to the face.

I actually meant burning in the background till its uniformly dar, not burn the highlights on the face. But yeah, I like this particularly much because the lighting really made the face more 3D.

Tks

What is the theme?
    Cavendish....Canon 40D D30
    580Ex II 550Ex

nice texture on the face. thanks for sharing.

cavendish: no theme in particular. otherwise i would have done an environmental portrait instead. so.. this is "just another portrait".

advrider: tks.