Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: egrets @ pasir ris

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default egrets @ pasir ris



    not sure if these are egrets...

  2. #2

    Default Re: egrets @ pasir ris

    Originally posted by isomers007


    not sure if these are egrets...
    hmm why got so many sticks flying around wan?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default Re: Re: egrets @ pasir ris

    Originally posted by franciskc


    hmm why got so many sticks flying around wan?
    i think the stick on the left hand side is slanted...and looks like it's flying...kehehkehk...there's another egret flying near the centre of pic

  4. #4

    Default

    Would be great if can zoom in more on the subject......


  5. #5

    Default

    wah ........... so grainy .............
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike
    Would be great if can zoom in more on the subject......

    aarrggh...juz as i was thinking yesterday...muz save to buy a B300!!!

    i was trying to get closer...and thot that i could juz get across nearer to the egrets...but my feet ended up soaked in the muddy sand *low tide @ dat time* fortunately didn't drop my D5 while trying to balance my way out of the squishy sand.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb
    wah ........... so grainy .............
    i think this one less grainy....or it's de same?? *rubs eyes* p.s. i have also deleted the flying sticks...ekhekhekh


  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by isomers007


    i think this one less grainy....or it's de same?? *rubs eyes* p.s. i have also deleted the flying sticks...ekhekhekh


    I tot those sticks are meant to be there for abstract?

  9. #9
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: egrets @ pasir ris

    Originally posted by isomers007
    not sure if these are egrets...
    Quite sure the bird is a heron, not an egret. Egrets are smaller, and their beaks are not as long.

    Don't think a B300 will get you a bigger picture, and as you will find out (or have already found out), birds in the "wild" (ie not at the zoo or JBP) have greater "fright-zones" where they will fly away if you get too near.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default Re: Re: egrets @ pasir ris

    Originally posted by Darren
    Quite sure the bird is a heron, not an egret. Egrets are smaller, and their beaks are not as long.

    Don't think a B300 will get you a bigger picture, and as you will find out (or have already found out), birds in the "wild" (ie not at the zoo or JBP) have greater "fright-zones" where they will fly away if you get too near.
    ooo...heron...if only can get bigger pic...b300 not sufficient? wat do you suggest?

  11. #11

    Default

    Hi Guys,

    This was also taken @ Pasir Ris, what bird is it (heron or egrets)? I'm not into birds, so I've no clue

    Last edited by Fred; 15th March 2002 at 05:07 PM.

  12. #12

    Default

    actually I kinda like that 1st picture, classic look. Good for some music album cover. Also, you don't always need to zoom in when taking animal or bird photo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •