Thread: Calling users of the new army LBV/SBO( load bearing vest )

Default Calling users of the new army LBV/SBO( load bearing vest )

Guys, I just wondered whether has anyone thought of getting the new SBO, called the LBV(load bearing vest) spare or whatever from beach road and using it like photogs' vest ?

i mean the pouches look good for lenses, filters and what not?

of course, if i wanted to use it, i would change the colour and only use some of the pouches.
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Default Re: Calling users of the new army LBV/SBO( load bearing vest )

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago View Post
    Guys, I just wondered whether has anyone thought of getting the new SBO, called the LBV(load bearing vest) spare or whatever from beach road and using it like photogs' vest ?

i mean the pouches look good for lenses, filters and what not?

of course, if i wanted to use it, i would change the colour and only use some of the pouches.
    was thinking about that actually, but it is pretty unlikely you will need so many pouches. i tried sewing the strip(took it off my cartridge pouch) onto my sigma lens pouch and stuck a few onto it. but find that it makes my whole body very clumsy. can put fliters, mem cards, batts, etc, but i think putting on a vest for those things are kind of an overkill.

and i dun really trust the LBV. i route march half-way, the whole vest just slidded through my body. after some adjustments, it stayed on pretty okay, though still abit shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    was thinking about that actually, but it is pretty unlikely you will need so many pouches. i tried sewing the strip(took it off my cartridge pouch) onto my sigma lens pouch and stuck a few onto it. but find that it makes my whole body very clumsy. can put fliters, mem cards, batts, etc, but i think putting on a vest for those things are kind of an overkill.
    i mean using the actual ammo pouches as lens pouch. but would it scratch lens?
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

erm, but that kind of pouch can hold like a 50mm only?

Wait you forget it's your lens and go "GRENADE"!!...

The old school 'sotong' is still the best. Fully customizable.

While I've not used it before, the idea of having to wear another vest-like thing around my body when its already so blardy hot doesn't appeal to me.

As for using that vest-SBO as a photog's vest.. I dunno leh. Isn't that a little overkill?

I now using the LBV..."light battle vest"...which i find it HBV..."heavy battle vest"...behind u can carry a water bag...abt 2 litres...add 1 more water bottle on yr right...those magazine pouch are damn big...yes can put lens...small diameters ones...but not to worry...behind got a utility pouch...additional touch light pouch n army knife pouch...i can put my 3 days combat ration n my raincoat in the back utility pouch...if i filled up all the pouch with magazines n all the stuff need in field camp...not forgetting fully filled up water bag n bottle...weight load...ard 6kg...
    Sony A700 - Sony A6300

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    The old school 'sotong' is still the best. Fully customizable.

While I've not used it before, the idea of having to wear another vest-like thing around my body when its already so blardy hot doesn't appeal to me.

As for using that vest-SBO as a photog's vest.. I dunno leh. Isn't that a little overkill?
    haha...i got the old sch SBO. that's nice but too small for med lens ? can customize ?
    i admit, it's damn hot. but for users who don photog's vest probably wouldnt mind this ?

the LBV will be too stuffy to carry around as a photographer's vest...unless you put ice packs in the water bag to cool yourself down...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    the LBV will be too stuffy to carry around as a photographer's vest...unless you put ice packs in the water bag to cool yourself down...
    how's rp? i went kranji camp on fri, like not much activity inside.

how's rp? i went kranji camp on fri, like not much activity inside.
    well, i'm now part of combat engineers...and my unit doesn't even need to touch our FBO except during ops manning..anyway kranji camp is some armour unit...MPC is at mowbray camp
    eat. drink. shoot

well, i'm now part of combat engineers...and my unit doesn't even need to touch our FBO except during ops manning..anyway kranji camp is some armour unit...MPC is at mowbray camp
    oooooo.......... ic. btw, rp is it the one always standing at the gate one?

oooooo.......... ic. btw, rp is it the one always standing at the gate one?
    yeap. 8-5 RP mans gate, other than that it's the unit's own guard
    eat. drink. shoot

yeap. 8-5 RP mans gate, other than that it's the unit's own guard
    woah. can get quite bored sometimes is it? but my camp rp damn funny one. everytime check my bag, he say "psst, 10 bucks per month for passing through me with psp, hp cams, and all contraband items."

though i dun hav d LBV but if i was thinking of it i would buy my own. dun 1 my vest o malfunction den everything need replacement. as for ventilation in our warm weather, i guess jus buy d lightest vest.

it's just super hot lah! wah piang.. i was wondering they did away with the previous SBO? it's so much cooler and looks better too.

cut away the inner layer.