Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Payment from Overseas

  1. #1

    Default Payment from Overseas

    Hi guys,

    Just wanna find out what's the best way to get payment from someone or a company from overseas who wants to buy your photo?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Tried Paypal?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    or TT.
    I sold some of my modelling photos to few overseas magazine using TT. You can use Western Union also.

    LiNa

  4. #4

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Yeah, I did thought of paypal or western union.
    I'll have to check with them again cos I've this impression that big companies would want to issue cheques.
    Thanks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Avoid overseas cheques as there could be higher clearing fees. TT is best. If receiving payment from overseas, be aware that there may be processing / clearing charge imposed on the payee (i.e. the receiver of the payment).

  6. #6

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kermitfm View Post
    Avoid overseas cheques as there could be higher clearing fees. TT is best. If receiving payment from overseas, be aware that there may be processing / clearing charge imposed on the payee (i.e. the receiver of the payment).
    oh yeah, now that you mention it.
    thanks bro

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In a not so green world!! :(
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    can't we give them our DBS/POSB bank account details and swift code etc...and they can wire transfer the exact sum into that account??

  8. #8

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamz View Post
    can't we give them our DBS/POSB bank account details and swift code etc...and they can wire transfer the exact sum into that account??
    that's what one company did for me...but there was a service charge on the bank's side

  9. #9

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    that's what one company did for me...but there was a service charge on the bank's side
    oh..that's a better option.
    can u remember how much was the service charge?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    about 5% of what i got

  11. #11

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    about 5% of what i got
    icic..thanks for the info!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Does paypal or western union charge a fee for using their service?
    How much is it?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Payment from Overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by lurgee View Post
    Hi guys,

    Just wanna find out what's the best way to get payment from someone or a company from overseas who wants to buy your photo?

    Thanks.
    Paypal is the best option as they also allow client to oay you using credit cards. And yes, alot of company do use credit cards to make payment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •