Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Leica announces The Ultimate Street Camera

  1. #1

    Default Leica announces The Ultimate Street Camera



    Leica announces the most exciting model since the, erm, 1950 one.

    It's a 2.1 MP 24mm wide angle weatherproof digital camera.
    Made with Canon image quality and Nikon optics, it's set to take the street shooting world by storm.

    Small, discreet in the new, fashionable "stealth duct-tape black", it boasts auto exposure, autofocus and a totally silent shutter.


  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Here is an example of the wide angle available:


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Based on IXUS330?

  5. #5

    Default

    Yah lor. Kena banned from getting another camera, and I needed a wide angle P&S. Originally wanted to get the A70 with wide angle adaptor.

    Then I realized that the Nikon WC-E24 converter (which I used for exactly one day before my Coolpix 990 was smashed) fit very nicely over the waterproof casing of the S330, and was very stable when held in place by duct tape. One thing led to another, and behold - the birth of a new camera. Since it was all black, I decided to decorate it with a little red dot. Very fetching, don't you think?

    So you see, you CAN have a weatherproof casing and a wide angle adaptor at the same time!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Leica announces The Ultimate Street Camera

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    [IMG]
    Leica announces the most exciting model since the, erm, 1950 one.

    It's a 2.1 MP 24mm wide angle weatherproof digital camera.
    Made with Canon image quality and Nikon optics, it's set to take the street shooting world by storm.

    Small, discreet in the new, fashionable "stealth duct-tape black", it boasts auto exposure, autofocus and a totally silent shutter.
    sure or not? dont bull me leh..?

  7. #7

    Default

    if want to transfer photos need to tear out all the tapes?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Yah lor. Kena banned from getting another camera, and I needed a wide angle P&S. Originally wanted to get the A70 with wide angle adaptor.

    Then I realized that the Nikon WC-E24 converter (which I used for exactly one day before my Coolpix 990 was smashed) fit very nicely over the waterproof casing of the S330, and was very stable when held in place by duct tape. One thing led to another, and behold - the birth of a new camera. Since it was all black, I decided to decorate it with a little red dot. Very fetching, don't you think?

    So you see, you CAN have a weatherproof casing and a wide angle adaptor at the same time!
    wah, I thought the red dot was PSed, then where did u get that red dot? Smashing RD's toy? Sounds cool, let me figure out how to torture my A70.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    if want to transfer photos need to tear out all the tapes?
    Maybe he only taped the front

  10. #10

    Default

    It's a clamshell design, so I simply avoided taping up the joints. Here's the Ixus having an out-of-body experience, taking a picture of its own external shell. How existential.



    The Leica logo was found with Google Images, downloaded, printed onto photopaper, cut out and stuck to the camera with scotch tape.

    http://www.hochschulgolf.de/turniere...leica_logo.gif

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    special limited edition

    only one set in the world right?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    You are great Later Leica wanna fine u S$100000000000000000000 for using their logo.

  13. #13

    Default

    Can you organise a MO for this Leic@ prototype? I'm very interested in it.
    Especially the weather sealed feature. As for the Red Dot, not very important but still nice
    to have.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Here is an example of the wide angle available:

    uhmm....i dun see any bokeh.....
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  15. #15

    Default

    Your eyes must be growing old. Can't you see that Leica-Canon-Nikon glow?

    Try hitting refresh.

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Originally posted by Red Dawn
    uhmm....i dun see any bokeh.....
    got la. it's called BO-bokeh (don't have bokeh)

    nice work there on the Leica/Nikon/Canon... StreetShooter, now, if you would only gladly try it out UNDERwater....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •